What if Disney banned unvaccinated children from their hotels and parks?

The local news reported that since the ban in Rockland County, NY went into effect, there have been 500 new vaccinations done. People have begun to realize how serious this is. Measles cases went up only by 7 cases, from 150 cases to 157 reported cases. :thumbsup2 The County does expect measles to possibly go up as people privately gather during the Passover holidays. Rockland County has an extensively large Orthodox Jewish population.

I got whooping cough at 40. ( Per Dr. your childhood shot can wear off). I swear had I been old and frail or an infant I would have died. Worse 3 months of my life. Bruised a few ribs. Try breathing through a cough attack with that!!! I totally understood how those infants in that outbreak a few years ago died.

I got whooping cough when I was 12 and missed six weeks of school. My younger sister and both brothers got it too so it must have been a faulty batch of immunization because we always went at the same time. My youngest brother who was only one at the time ended up in the hospital with a special lid over his crib (I think it was to give oxygen or maybe to isolate him). I would cough so hard that I would end up heaving until I threw up. Same with my sister. I can’t imagine my mom going through that with four children all at the same time.

Kids are banned from public school where I live. At the beginning of the school year we must show an annual physical with vaccinations before a child can step foot into class. I once got a call from the school nurse, mid school year, because one of my kids was missing their second shot of something. If he didnt get it within 2 weeks he would not be allowed at school. I called the Dr and explained I needed an appt within 2 weeks for the shot. When we got to the Dr office and I told the story again, he said "They should be teaching kids, not trying to play Dr". Apparently there was no need for this second shot until his next physical 7 months later.

A couple of years ago, I got a letter from the school stating my child was "obese". My daughter said everyone had to go to the nurses office and get weighed (public school!). My daughter was about 5'7: at the time and weighed 120. Hardly "obese". My daughter was very upset she was labeled that. Luckily I convinced her she wasnt. This could have led to an eating disorder.

My daughter 2 years ago.... The letter came about a month before our Disney trip. Could she lose 5 lbs? Sure, but obese ???

View attachment 391029

You think your daughter needs to lose five pounds? She looks fine to me.

How many of you have kept up with your immunization booster shots over the years? They aren’t good for life, I forget the schedule but some need to be redone every 10-15 years.

All of mine are up to date, including tetanus because it was required by the manufacturer of a medication I took.

I understand the point you're trying to make here, but I have a life-threatening food allergy and don't appreciate this meme whatsoever. I'm pro-vaccinations, I just don't want my illness to be used this way in this debate. People choose not to vaccinate. I have no choice with my illness.
I get that you may not think it’s funny, but can you not at least appreciate the absurdity that it points out? We won’t let kids bring in things that may affect the health of a very small percentage of the population but allow parents to not vaccinate which affects a much larger portion of the general population.

I understand the point you're trying to make here, but I have a life-threatening food allergy and don't appreciate this meme whatsoever. I'm pro-vaccinations, I just don't want my illness to be used this way in this debate. People choose not to vaccinate. I have no choice with my illness.
Infants who are too young to vaccinate and those with medical conditions that prevent them from being vaccinated have no more choice than you do. Those who have voluntarily chosen not to be vaccinated are as dangerous to them as allergens are to you.

A measles outbreak has been announced in Calgary as of yesterday. Even though there have only been two cases confirmed, the Public Health Authority has been all over the news all weekend imploring people who are not vaccinated to report to a local health unit as quickly as possible. They even opened several locations today - Sunday, hoping people will respond.

I get that you may not think it’s funny, but can you not at least appreciate the absurdity that it points out? We won’t let kids bring in things that may affect the health of a very small percentage of the population but allow parents to not vaccinate which affects a much larger portion of the general population.
32 million Americans have food allergies, including 5.6 million children under the age of 18. And, honestly, the fact that people care more about their own right to eat peanut butter than the life of another person is simply beyond me. My life-threatening food allergy effects me everyday damn day in everything I do. Will I go to the hospital today? Let's spin the wheel and see. It's not "may affect the health of a very small percentage" it's will I get to the hospital in time or will I die. But, thanks for your lovely response.

32 million Americans have food allergies, including 5.6 million children under the age of 18. And, honestly, the fact that people care more about their own right to eat peanut butter than the life of another person is simply beyond me. My life-threatening food allergy effects me everyday damn day in everything I do. Will I go to the hospital today? Let's spin the wheel and see. It's not "may affect the health of a very small percentage" it's will I get to the hospital in time or will I die. But, thanks for your lovely response.
With all due respect that’s still less than 10% of the general population in the US. That’s a small percentage. Everyone is put in danger by ppl choosing not to vaccinate their kids including those with allergies too.

Infants who are too young to vaccinate and those with medical conditions that prevent them from being vaccinated have no more choice than you do. Those who have voluntarily chosen not to be vaccinated are as dangerous to them as allergens are to you.
I said I'm pro-vaccinations. I'm pro anything that keeps me alive. I would carry out my day in a bubble if I could. I just can't stand when people are "oh, but the peanuts!" all the dang time.

With all due respect that’s still less than 10% of the general population in the US. That’s a small percentage. Everyone is put in danger by ppl choosing not to vaccinate their kids including those with allergies too.
You don't get it. I'm done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter