What is still hard to find?

I got yeast at Sam's Club today! I've been checking the app most days to catch a few things we haven't been able to get. Within the last week I got the detergent we use, toilet paper (not the kind we normally buy) and yeast! I literally placed a pickup order for the yeast and swung through to get it.

There is still no Scott’s TP available, still no disinfectant wipes.
And... my fabric order from mid March due by tomorrow.. updated today, now backordered lol. They told me today! Crazy indeed. Thankfully I had some material and made some in the beginning.

I was finally able to order disinfecting wipes and spray through Amazon Fresh today, after not being able to find them for the last couple of months. I've been looking online for a while since I haven't been going to stores much besides Trader Joe's. I've been to Target a couple of times but they haven't had any kind of disinfecting product in stock (although I have found TP there both in store and online). Luckily our Trader Joe's has been very well stocked with almost everything, especially by now. This week they finally had flour again (limit 1). They've had TP and hand sanitizer the last few times I've been. No shortages on meat, milk, produce, or any other food item I can recall. They haven't had paper towels though.

Prices from Texas:
Milk
Store brands (Not organic)
1.82 - 1.94 (1/2 gal)
3.03 -3.07 (gal)

Brand name (Borden)
3.38 (1/2 gal)
4.10 (gal)

Hamburger meat
73/27 3.48/lb
80/20. 4.48/lb
90/10 5.42/lb
93/7 5.47/lb

Beef Stew meat. 5.65/lb

Fajitas (skirt steak) 7.20/lb

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1.88-2.05/lb

If you want to know anything specific, just ask.

I have some biscuits that I was going to use for biscuits and sausage gravy but now I'm intrigued by the sugar biscuit donuts!

When I go to the store I'll have to see if they have more biscuits!

I have some biscuits that I was going to use for biscuits and sausage gravy but now I'm intrigued by the sugar biscuit donuts!

When I go to the store I'll have to see if they have more biscuits!

You can also do a mix of cinnamon sugar to dip/lay the donuts on. Ratio is more sugar than cinnamon.

The "Grands" size biscuits work just as well as smaller biscuits.

Popped into Walmart this am to get milk, paper plates and bowls, and some jugs of water (we're under a boil water notice for 48 hours, so I got the water to wash the pots/pans with). They were fully stocked in almost every aisle I looked through, including cleaners, bleach, paper goods, baking stuff, bread/buns, frozen veg....I didn't check meats or produce, since I don't buy those things there, so I wouldn't know if it was well stocked or not. They were not fully stocked on creamers, but had a decent enough selection.

Yah for you!!! Wish we could find wipes, haven't seen any brand in almost 2 months now. I have one unopened container left and we are using that sparingly

I went to Sam's Club at opening time earlier this week, and they actually had the entrance aisle divided off with 6 large pallets of disinfecting wipes (both house brand and Lysol brand), and 2 pallets of paper face masks. There were clerks standing next to the pallets of wipes with one in each hand, asking every single person who came through the door which brand they wanted. (Limit 1 package, though.) No one said, "No thank you." It was just kind of understood that if there were wipes to be had, you were going to want a pkg. When I left the store 45 minutes later they were down to 3 pallets.

Life has gotten really weird these days, LOL.

Popped into Walmart this am to get milk, paper plates and bowls, and some jugs of water (we're under a boil water notice for 48 hours, so I got the water to wash the pots/pans with). They were fully stocked in almost every aisle I looked through, including cleaners, bleach, paper goods, baking stuff, bread/buns, frozen veg....I didn't check meats or produce, since I don't buy those things there, so I wouldn't know if it was well stocked or not. They were not fully stocked on creamers, but had a decent enough selection.

WOW I hope our Walmart looks like that tomorrow morning. I am crossing my fingers that they start getting in stuff like wipes, lysol, hand sanitizer etc. I plan on stocking up as soon as we are able to, just in case of a resurgence come Fall like they are saying might happen. I will be happy if I can find milk, frozen veggies, and a couple of nice steaks for the weekend too!

Last edited:
Gilbert, AZ :rotfl:

I knew from past posts you were in AZ but I didn't realize how close! Hi neighbor!

My local grocery chain (local to AZ only) has ground beef... at 8.99 a pound for ground sirloin. I mean, it's good quality but :scared1: (the ground round was 7.99 a pound). Obviously this could be specific to this store but that was a shocker.

I haven't had to look for "hard to find" items locally since I ordered a few things from Sam's Club and Amazon several weeks ago (purse packs of Wet Ones; toilet paper). I was well stocked on paper towels and lysol wipes before this whole thing started.

At least in my area, it’s still easier to win lotto scratchers than seeing wipes, sanitizers, gloves, isopropyl alcohol, and unbleached AP flour. Still the usual things.

I was in both of the major grocery stores in town yesterday and neither had toilet paper or paper products. Fortunately, I did not need either. The meat selection was frightening. One had almost doubled the price of all the meat items and the other had a limited amount. I bought the last package of chicken breasts and asked the butcher if he had any more and was told the truck was in the back to be unloaded, he had ordered 42 bundles and only got 8 in the shipments, and the chicken was one of the advertised sales for the week. I was shocked at the price of hamburger, but had to buy it as my freezer was empty! I really hope and pray things get better soon, as I only cook for 2 people, can't imagine how a family of 4 or more can afford to pay their bills and buy groceries.

eastern washington here-

i was amazed to see one of the local stores w/ground beef (85/15) for only $2.99 per pound :faint: , the limit was 3 so i got my 3. just last week 90/10 was going for $7.99 per pound at another chain store but most places you can't find any cut of ground beef under the $5'ish per pound range.

still not wipes.

only the large national chain runs an ad anymore-and then it's a joke b/c 9 out 10 items aren't available.

Well I live in Kennesaw, GA (large Atlanta suburb) and finally saw and bought toilet paper! Now in full disclosure, there are only two of us, and I tend to buy larger packs when they are on sale, so I have not needed any since this pandemic started. But I have been checked my local Publix during my trip every 10 days or so. The shelves are always completely bare, even this morning. I have also only been to Target twice, before today. But today at Target I found toilet paper and also a large pack of paper towels! Now I am good for several more months!

Went shopping today. Aldi's milk price was still $1.25 a gallon, Walmarts was $2.15. Aldi's case was full, Walmart's was about 1/2 full. Aldi's meat dept was full, Walmart's about half full. Prices were no higher in either store than they were last week. I did notice in Walmarts freezer case, they had about 2 dozen 10 lb bags of boneless chicken breasts, for $18.90 a bag. That didn't sound that high to me, but we don't need any chicken. Neither store had any papertowels, sanitizer, or wipes. I almost did a dance in Walmart when I found Clorox Cleaner with Bleach, and Lysol Spray cleaner. I grabbed one of each , plus another bottle of lemon scented concentrated disinfectant liquid. There were pallets of both flour and sugar in both stores, in fact the Aldi's girl was taking a full one back to the store room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter