What is still hard to find?

no Basmati brown rice (the kind DD wants.....she may just have to go to plain brown)

I have been looking for brown basmati since this started about 2 months ago. I finally found some at Trader Joe's first thing Tuesday morning. They had about 10-12 small bags on the shelf. I didn't expect that would be in stock long though. So, hold hope!!! It might be coming back slowly to different places.

I am still waiting on Barilla pasta to come back in all of its many varieties. I think when things started going crazy, they quit making the more specialty shapes and switched to just the ones they thought people would use most...spaghetti, macaroni, penne, ditalini, and lasagna. Those are the only ones I can find in stores and online. I tend to prefer many of the other shapes/sizes, and I can't find them, especially things like mini penne and mini farfalle, which my kids have found easier to eat.

Chicken breasts have been very hard to find. I don't usually purchase meat at Trader Joe's, but I have been able to find chicken breasts there for $2.99 during much of this quarantine when it was out of stock everywhere else. However, as of Tuesday, the price had jumped to $4.99/lb. That is a crazy increase from two weeks prior.

The strange thing that I haven't been able to get my hands on is capers. They have been non-existent in the stores I have shopped. In fact, I was shocked at how limited the pickle selection in general was at Wegman's when I went the other day and they were pretty much out of relish.

Funny story...When we went out for a big shop right before things started locking down, we dragged all of the bags into the house, feeling like we had enough to get us through for awhile. But then, my 11 year-old said, "Did you buy pickles???" And then his sister backed him up!!! First of all, we only buy pickles about once a year for a treat, and second of all, I didn't get the memo that pickles were a necessity during a pandemic, so no, I didn't pick any up. Tuesday, I finally found some when I was out, so I grabbed a jar and brought them home. As soon as my son saw them, he cheered and then said, "Sister is going to be so excited too!!!!" It's all in the little things, I guess.

I have been looking for brown basmati since this started about 2 months ago. I finally found some at Trader Joe's first thing Tuesday morning. They had about 10-12 small bags on the shelf. I didn't expect that would be in stock long though. So, hold hope!!! It might be coming back slowly to different places.

Thanks....I will have you go check there

I've made donuts with the canned biscuits dough. Just poke a hole in the middle and toss into hot oil. Then when they come out of the oil and are still hot and wet, dip in sugar or sprinkle on powder sugar. :love:

I've done this before and I was surprised by how good they tasted. I am usually a yeast-raised donut girl through and through. I can't stand cake donuts.

We are spoiled where we live. My daughter used to bring home donuts from a specialty donut shop near where she lives that has flavours like Brown Butter Hazelnut Crunch, Maple Bacon, and Sea Salted Bourbon Caramel.

Thanks a lot!!! Now I want donuts and I don't even have any canned biscuits in my fridge to whip up a quick batch! 🍩

Well, you checked the one by you.....we'll see here ;)

I could check that one for you too, if you let me know which one it is...ha ha!!! :rotfl:

I hope you can find your brown basmati soon. It can be so frustrating when the products people prefer aren't available and where even similar items don't really fill the spot. My son loves the banana/strawberry yogurts at Trader Joe's. It is the only flavour/brand of yogurt that he will eat and he has one every day. Guess what has been limited or out of stock at Trader Joe's for weeks now? This past trip, I picked up the blueberry/vanilla ones for him to try again, as there were no other options.

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!!! I was able to get toilet paper at a decent price. I mentioned weeks ago that I noticed toilet paper still wasn't really back in my area. And what toilet paper that was put out was full price at about $2 PER ROLL, even in packages. :mad:

We are spoiled where we live. My daughter used to bring home donuts from a specialty donut shop near where she lives that has flavours like Brown Butter Hazelnut Crunch, Maple Bacon, and Sea Salted Bourbon Caramel.

Thanks a lot!!! Now I want donuts and I don't even have any canned biscuits in my fridge to whip up a quick batch!

Now, I have a craving for donuts. :lmao:

Last edited:
I've made donuts with the canned biscuits dough. Just poke a hole in the middle and toss into hot oil. Then when they come out of the oil and are still hot and wet, dip in sugar or sprinkle on powder sugar. :love:
We used to cut them in quarters and drop them in the Fry Daddy. You know, back in the day. Then roll them in sugar. I was trying to explain to my daughter just a few days ago why I like sugar donuts so much. That's why.

I could check that one for you too, if you let me know which one it is...ha ha!!! :rotfl:

I hope you can find your brown basmati soon. It can be so frustrating when the products people prefer aren't available and where even similar items don't really fill the spot. My son loves the banana/strawberry yogurts at Trader Joe's. It is the only flavour/brand of yogurt that he will eat and he has one every day. Guess what has been limited or out of stock at Trader Joe's for weeks now? This past trip, I picked up the blueberry/vanilla ones for him to try again, as there were no other options.

Gilbert, AZ :rotfl:

Found Lysol wipes on Walmart website this morning. Stores here have pretty much everything back except those kind of things. No wipes, spray or concentrated cleaner. Maybe not every brand of paper products, but you can get TP, tissues or paper towels. Hand sanitizers are there too, but not specifically name brands. More like local companies & kind of pricey. Meats have been stocked, but again, not every cut of meat or poultry. But if you aren’t fussy & just want chicken, beef, pork or lamb... it’s there. And there is plenty of bacon!

Two things I looked for yesterday were yeast and regular liquid hand soap. I didn't go searching everywhere, just in the store I normally shop. There were some expensive liquid soaps but none of the regular brands. There are still almost no cleaners and definitely no cleaning wipes. I didn't really look at the TP section, but it was still looking bare.

That smiley made me laugh out loud, I have never seen that one before!!
I have been waiting and waiting for a post where it would make sense to use it, but it is hard to slip that in in just any old place. My patience has paid off and @Meriweather gave me the perfect opportunity!

There are two smileys that I like to use, and they work great if I find a post where they can be used together. :teeth: Such as:

Yay! Paper towels are back in stock!
Cheer.gif

Toilet paper is back in stock too!
Cheer.gif

Whaaat? Still no disinfecting wipes or yeast for another few weeks?
Cheer_huh.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter