What is still hard to find?

Today Walmart had no flour or sugar. The entire shelf where it normally is was empty. I also haven't found corn meal in awhile (at Walmart).

Still having a hard time find "my" pasta sauce - the Classico Four Cheese.

Went to Meijer's yesterday and they had tons and tons of toilet paper, including a whole pallet of Charmin that was just sitting unnoticed by the Baby section.

They also had hand sanitizer, but just little travel bottles.

I found the Red Star Platinum Sourdough Yeast I've been looking for for months, for a decent price, on Amazon today. $19.99 for 20 packs (which will make 20 loaves). I'd prefer to find it locally, but no one sells it here. It was going for $5 a pack on Amazon, so yay to finding it for cheaper.

We are still having difficulty with fresh beef. Thinking about buying direct from the packing plant for this winter.

Today Walmart had no flour or sugar. The entire shelf where it normally is was empty. I also haven't found corn meal in awhile (at Walmart).

Still having a hard time find "my" pasta sauce - the Classico Four Cheese.

Wow,,I was in our Walmart yesterday and they had full shelves of flour and sugar.! Aldi's had a pallet full of each one. Never look for cornmeal so wouldn't know if they had that or not.

Walmart and Aldi's and Martins yesterday. Meat departments were full in all 3 stores. Prices weren't higher than normal. Dairy row, all full in each store, no increase in prices that I noticed. Aldi's had paper towels and kleenex but not one pkg of TP. Walmart had plenty of all 3. Didn't look in Martins for those items. Still no sanitizer or disinfecting wipes in any of the stores, Walmart did have a few bottles of Clorox with Bleach and Lysol disinfecting cleaner. Plenty of bleach, laundry and dish detergents. Frozen foods in all 3 stores are gradually being refilled, finally !

I am now having trouble finding iced coffee at the grocery store. Soup is still a grab it when I can thing.

We were at Costco about a month ago, early, ~9:30. They had about 1/2 palate left of 5packs of Lysol wipes. My DH accused me of hoarding when I put 1 pack in our cart. We are not huge wipe users (I would have been happy with just 1 container, but at Costco, is not an option). Have not seen wipes at any store since then.

I haven’t been able to find hand sanitizing gel in any store we’ve been to since the pandemic began.

Last edited:
We were at Costco about a month ago, early, ~9:30. They had about 1/2 palate left of 5packs of Lysol wipes. My DH accused me of hoarding when I put 1 pack in our cart. We are not huge wipe users (I would have been happy with just 1 container, but at Costco, is not an option). Have not seen wipes at any store since then.

I haven’t been able to find hand sanitizing gel in any store we’ve been to since the pandemic began.

Wish you were close enough to trade!

Of all the crazy things to be out of...gravy mix. Totally wiped out of that whole section of various spice mixes, gravy, chili, etc. I though they would be back the next time I went but a week later, still out. How strange!

Went to BJs this morning (for those in Jax, the one on Blanding Blvd in OP)

No flour or yeast, Lysol, or Sanitizing wipes
There were a lot of empty spaces, and in some sections, not much choice (where there used to be 2 or 3 kinds)

Limits on items:
fresh meat limit 3 total (chicken, beef, pork) (no limit on things like hot dogs, sausages or frozen meats/fish)
Soaps (dishwasher/dishes) limit 2
Soaps (body, hand) limit 2
TP, paper towels limit 1 each
Cleaners (toilet cleaner, bathtub, counters, floor cleaners) limit 2 total
Canned vegetables limit 2
Bottled waters limit 2

I think there were more limit items, but I didn't really look any further. I was dying, after wearing a mask for 90 minutes and pushing that heavy cart.

Plenty of choices on TP, paper towels, hand soaps, cat litter, and hand sanitizer

A bit disappointed at the BJs managers, who were out in full force, but not enforcing the mask rule that is posted. I wore mine, but I'll admit I lifted it up when I was in the aisle by myself, so I could breathe a little better. My allergies are killing me right now, because our complex decided they wanted to spread mulch around the bushes and trees; and that wouldn't be a problem but they use fresh cedar mulch and guess what I'm definitely allergic to??? /sigh

I did an online order at Target for wet cat food (they were out of the particular kind my cats like at BJs, but had plenty of the other kinds), and some other items; and managed to throw into the cart antibacterial hand wipes (for the car) and cleaning wipes (both Up & Up brand), We'll see if they come.

I'm a school librarian and was allowed to come back to school last week to close things out for the year. I know it isn't a store, but I still felt like I hit the jackpot when I found 3 canisters of Lysol Wipes in my office that I had forgotten I'd even bought. Those went home with me ASAP.

My Mom, who lives in Massachusetts, just told me that bird seed is hard to find. She said that there was an article in the paper saying that lots of people have taken up birdwatching in their yard as they stay at home.

One of my neighbors wanted to get the same kids bike as we have. I knew kids bikes were in demand but didn’t realize how in demand. Apparently the brand of kids bike we have are selling USED for almost 2X the NEW price. My goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter