What is still hard to find?

In NJ, still no cleaning products, toilet paper, paper towels. Add to that syrup, yeast, cake mix, salad dressing and flour. Going out tomorrow we shall see if it's improved in the past 2 weeks since I was last there.

I mostly try to get stuff paper stuff on Amazon. I finally was able to secure toilet paper and it is coming Friday. Paper towels have been easier to get, they pop up in stock more often than toilet paper. I order them anytime they are in stock so I can get them to family members in need (plus we go through a lot here).
I'm trying to only do a grocery run every two weeks. When I went to Aldi last week there were only a couple cake mixes (thankfully I have a few so I didn't need them). They had no hand soap, which is going to be a problem. I thought I was well stocked with about 7 bottles - but we have been going through a couple bottles a week here with everyone home all the time. I'm supposed to have 6 bottles delivered May 11 with my Subscribe and Save. Hopefully I come across some on my next shopping trip to hold us over until then.
They finally had bleach, so that was exciting. And flour and sugar had a few dozen each left. Meat was fully stocked with no limits. Since we are a family of 7 it was nice not to have limits - I was able to buy enough meat for at least 12 meals.
Tomorrow I'm heading to BJs to stock up on frozen appetizers (mozz sticks, spring rolls, toasted raviolis, stuff like that to help stretch meals) and individual ice creams (to keep the kids from wanting to buy from the ice cream man every time he goes by) and hopefully seafood. Not sure what they have in stock these days, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Just returned from a major chain grocery store in Southern California. The paper goods aisle continues to be completely empty, as is the pasta aisle and the baking aisle. ZERO stock. This has been the case since the lockdown started. THey have also placed one way direction aisle stickers on the floor.

Hydrogen Peroxide. I had a minor (but necessary) medical procedure last week, which required flushing an incision with Hydrogen Peroxide once per day for 4 days (and it feels about as good as that sounds). I called 15 local pharmacies, and none of them had any. Luckily my parents had a sealed bottle (it only lasts about 30 to 60 days once opened), so I've been using that.

some of them probably didn’t even looked.

Another vote for yeast! Can't find any in our local supermarkets. The other things are flour, liquid hand soap and actual soap. Empty shelves. Other than that, in the north of England, most things are now on the shelves, including toilet paper.

Oddly enough...Heinz Simply ketchup. The shelf is always empty. Must be all those chicken nuggets everyone is eating.

We're pretty much what people said around here too.
Out of stock. Yeast, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
Low stocks. TP, paper towels, bleach
Semi low stocks. Flour, Sugar. Facial Tissues.

Another vote for yeast! Can't find any in our local supermarkets. The other things are flour, liquid hand soap and actual soap. Empty shelves. Other than that, in the north of England, most things are now on the shelves, including toilet paper.

I had to order yeast directly from a mill. I now have a pound of it. I was able to order TP from Costco. It was delivered today. I still can’t get Clorox wipes or Twinkies.

some of them probably didn’t even looked.
Likely, however they all quoted me days next week when they "might" be getting more. (My wife also noted, in her recent trips to the store, she hasn't seen rubbing alcohol, nor hydrogen peroxide anywhere). So even if they didn't look, I wouldn't be surprised if it simply isn't in stock anywhere.

Here in NSW Australia we are still having trouble locally finding bakers (bread) flour, plain flour, yeast, disinfectant and toilet paper. They are only coming in limited stocks. I was (sort of) lucky in that my husband needed melanoma surgery last week in Sydney which is 2hrs away from home. Costco (there are only 3 in NSW) was only 10mins away so whilst he was under the knife, I raced over and managed to score bakers flour, paper towel and TP As well as disinfectant wipes.

...I raced over and managed to score bakers flour, paper towel and TP As well as disinfectant wipes.

Now THAT is a haul! I bet even your hubby agreed, it was worth going under the knife.. ;)

I had to order yeast directly from a mill. I now have a pound of it. I was able to order TP from Costco. It was delivered today. I still can’t get Clorox wipes or Twinkies.
That's a good idea. I'll try the local bakeries, they may sell me some.

My DH found vinegar at Costco - in a 2-pack of gallon jugs. We use it in our laundry as well.

One thing he hasn't been able to find is bread flour. I've been baking most of our bread for about the last 8-9 years and always keep some flour in the freezer, but have now gone through all my extra and have enough for about 2 more loaves. :sad:
I'm down to my last bag of bread flour---plenty of all-purpose flour in the stores but not bread.

gymnastics air tracks. Ok, not your typical hoarding item but interestingly these have become the "hot" item with all the competitive gymnasts around the country (world) off training right now the prices first went through the roof in a week (like increases by hundreds of dollars) and now they are pretty much sold out everywhere. Random I know but I find it interesting to see what unusual things are selling during this time.

For those looking for Lysol spray, check your Target. It seems they just got a shipment of the Microban spray similar to Clorox/Lysol spray. I checked this morning and all of my local Targets had it listed as in stock on the website but you could not do pickup.

For those looking for Lysol spray, check your Target. It seems they just got a shipment of the Microban spray similar to Clorox/Lysol spray. I checked this morning and all of my local Targets had it listed as in stock on the website but you could not do pickup.

I looked..... out of stock online and not available here in store.

We're good on most things, but keep my eye out for hand sanitizer (none), Lysol wipes (none), antibacterial hand soap (none). It took a while (a few weeks) but I eventually found Swiffer Sweeper fluid.

Here it is really just flour that is hard to find. Everything else has been in supply for 2 weeks. Did a huge grocery shop last week and got everything easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter