What is still hard to find?

Maybe a week ago or so. I kept a tab open on my phone and would refresh a few times a day when I was playing around on my phone and they popped up as available after maybe 3 days of checking.

I ended up seeing them in stock around 5-6pm so it’s not necessarily a first thing in the morning re-stock thing. Good luck!

Hand sanitizer and sprays (Lysol/Clorox) seem to be the problems around here. TP is getting somewhat better. What I had a hard time finding is a laptop (found one but not one I wanted) and printers. Best Buy said it's all the kids home schooling.

Do you all mind shari g about what time of day you wdre able to interact with Amazon? I 100% believe you, I must be trying at the wrong times. Never found Chat, never got the We'll Call You option, and when I call, I get the our associates are being safe, we won't be taking your call message.
The only thing I've had trouble finding over the last week or so is broccoli. Weird?

That's a weird one for sure. I got some really nice broccoli crowns at Aldi's last week. And I noticed that Walmart had plenty of it too, but it didn't look as fresh

Hand sanitizer and sprays (Lysol/Clorox) seem to be the problems around here. TP is getting somewhat better. What I had a hard time finding is a laptop (found one but not one I wanted) and printers. Best Buy said it's all the kids home schooling.

Those are in short supply around here too (Western MD). WV announced yesterday that they cancelled classes through the rest of the school year. 2 of our granddaughters will have to do all of their school work online for at least 2 more months. Stepdaughter had a hard time finding them a laptop to use :(

Near me, due to pub closures, I often see beer and cider aisles being constantly cleaned, or at least that was the case a few weeks back. Don't know about the current situation, but I think that might have stabilised now.

Beef, chicken, pork, flower, cake mixes, eggs, toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, bleach, bathroom cleaner of any kind (except Comet, I was able to score Comet,) kitchen cleaner of any kind, wipes, masks, sanitizer, isopropyl alcohol, soap, toothpaste, spaghetti/pasta, pasta sauce, ramen noodles, instant soup of any kind, certain coffee creamers all just off the top of my head that I've been trying to buy for my mother.

The current hard to find item for us now is fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Haven’t been able to find them in a while. Still no yeast.

Kroger actually had some Clorox wipes this morning! I couldn’t believe it!

I don't think any of this is due to hoarding in my area; I think it's disruption in the supply chain and some of the items being diverted to health care. Buying of everything in my area grocery stores is limited to 2 per person.
This is something people still don't understand. Actually, it isn't a supply problem, it's a sudden demand problem. When you have that many people who ate out all the time suddenly eating every meal at home (including a lot of folk eating breakfast and lunch at home as well) and school kids eating lunch at home and college kids being home eating, that adds up to a LOT of extra demand.

Companies don't sit around running production at 40% for 100 years to be able to ramp up to full capacity to handle the possibility of a blindside hit of a pandemic.

Beef, chicken, pork, flower, cake mixes, eggs, toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, bleach, bathroom cleaner of any kind (except Comet, I was able to score Comet,) kitchen cleaner of any kind, wipes, masks, sanitizer, isopropyl alcohol, soap, toothpaste, spaghetti/pasta, pasta sauce, ramen noodles, instant soup of any kind, certain coffee creamers all just off the top of my head that I've been trying to buy for my mother.

Wow, your stores are empty!

..our stores have most of that, except for the cleaning/sanitizer stuff. Walmart had an entire end cap of ramen yesterday. The pasta sauce/pasta aisle was at least half full. Plenty of meats, eggs, flour, sugar, cake mix too. They also had soap, toothpaste and most health and beauty aids, but were out of stuff like tylenol, advil, excedrin, etc

The current hard to find item for us now is fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Haven’t been able to find them in a while. Still no yeast.

Kroger actually had some Clorox wipes this morning! I couldn’t believe it!

Both Aldi's and Walmart have had fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts. The only thing Aldi's was out of were chicken wings. Yeah for Kroger and the clorox wipes, thats one of the things that's impossible to find here

There is really nothing I need that I can't get or purchase a substitute for in my local markets anymore.
There are still items in short supply but since I didn't make a habit of buying them pre COVID 19 I'm not really focusing on them when I enter markets now.

Last edited:
The only thing I've had trouble finding over the last week or so is broccoli. Weird?
Yes weird. Only thing that was available in frozen vegetables was broccoli, LOL.

Also for beef, obviously the expensive Ribeyes and Tomahawks aren't selling, but I'm shocked there is no love for Chuck roast. Chuck roast is the best for pot roast. That was the only thing on the shelf in a small section on 3 shelves packed full for a foot and a half of space.

Wow, your stores are empty!

..our stores have most of that, except for the cleaning/sanitizer stuff. Walmart had an entire end cap of ramen yesterday. The pasta sauce/pasta aisle was at least half full. Plenty of meats, eggs, flour, sugar, cake mix too. They also had soap, toothpaste and most health and beauty aids, but were out of stuff like tylenol, advil, excedrin, etc
And that was the one I drove over an hour to because the one 4 miles from me is empty all the time prior to any thoughts of a pandemic. I normally buy meats at the grocery store, but because of 30-50% higher prices, I buy everything else at Walmart, but my store I walk out on a weekly basis with only 4-5 items of the $100 I am there to spend. I went to my old shopping store and spent $183 because of everything else I can't buy near home even pre-pandemic.

My future shopping is going to change, not because of the pandemic, but because I have to travel to go to a regularly stocked store. I've been divorced 5 years and back in my home town for 5 years and for 5 years the 2 slots that are still there for my deodorant has not been stocked. I had to change from Speedstick to A&H. Both single and double pack slots are there, just haven't seen anything in those slots for just about 5 years now. I'll make a bi-monthly run to Sam's and bi-monthly run to Walmart every other month from now on instead of trying to buy groceries every payday. Just need a freezer which are non-existent in stores now.

I don't do much online shopping because you only get half of what you order because the neighborhood has an open community box for deliveries and people just take what they want.

We just got a two pack (gallon bottles) of white vinegar at Sam's Club this morning. And they had plenty.

What I'd really like to find is Clorox/Lysol/Purell wipes. No luck at all.
Don't know if this is relevant to you, but I found Clorox wipes ( the real thing) in those big plastic containers at Target last week. They had several on a shelf. I was really surprised to see them at all. It's like sighting a unicorn, LOL
Just keep checking your Target, I know I am:)

Store didn't have flour yesterday, not one brand, hopefully that was a fluke.

It has been a struggle to find flour for about a week now. I have a grocery order today and luckily was just notified they do have flour. I think that was the 3rd time I've requested it.

I have been struggling to get broccoli too, not sure why.

Don't know if this is relevant to you, but I found Clorox wipes ( the real thing) in those big plastic containers at Target last week. They had several on a shelf. I was really surprised to see them at all. It's like sighting a unicorn, LOL
Just keep checking your Target, I know I am:)
Sadly, Target is not one of the places we go out to. We're high risk, so a quick run to the store for fresh produce and milk every 2 weeks is all we're doing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter