What is the best park back pack?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
While I no longer have small children I still feel like I will need a back pack, what’s the latest and greatest?

If you are willing to consider a different kind of bag, check out Ameribag's Healthy Back Bag.

I bought this shoulder pack just before Xmas on amazon (also works as a crossbody). Tried it in Feb (instead of my usual backpack) and it worked great! Very lightweight, holds smartphone in the (front) strap, and water bottle in the side mesh pocket. Also didn't have to constantly slip both arms in/out of the straps, as I did with the old backpack.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PPY5SDU

I bought this shoulder pack just before Xmas on amazon (also works as a crossbody). Tried it in Feb (instead of my usual backpack) and it worked great! Very lightweight, holds smartphone in the (front) strap, and water bottle in the side mesh pocket. Also didn't have to constantly slip both arms in/out of the straps, as I did with the old backpack.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PPY5SDU
I've used something similar and liked it okay. Mine didn't have any padding in the back so I didn't like that it wouldn't hold it's shape. Does this one have back padding? From the description I'd think not since you can fold it up.

I've used something similar and liked it okay. Mine didn't have any padding in the back so I didn't like that it wouldn't hold it's shape. Does this one have back padding? From the description I'd think not since you can fold it up.
For what I carry (sunscreen, snacks), it doesn't need to hold its shape. Water bottle in a mesh pocket on the outside. I love its light weight.

I like my Nike back pack. Its bigger than a string pack, but not a large hiking pack, and not even as big as a school backpack. It is nylon, but a thicker nylon, I can wipe it clean and it repels rain (not waterproof but definitely repellent).

AND LIGHTWEIGHT!!! The most important aspect in my opinion.

We used this one for Disneyland:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015OFQKJA/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it has a padded back and keeps it shape. That being said, it wasn’t my favorite bag.

I love my Patagonia backpack. Key features for us are two side pockets for a water bottle or two, a smaller pocket for things I need quick access to so I don’t have to search through the main compartment and a low profile so that my backpack doesn’t stick out four feet behind me when it’s full.

Good luck! The search for the perfect bag is never ending!

We use a Jack Wolfskin Velocity 12 Rucksack. Lightweight, small but plenty of room for storage, comfortable, hidden rain cover (great for wet rides), decent padding.

I vote for waterproof...last summer I found a backpack cooler at home goods... worked amazing... yeah it was not a disney printed bag but it was nice to use for the park and none of my stuff got wet

While I no longer have small children I still feel like I will need a back pack, what’s the latest and greatest?

Anything that carries what you need and it durable. Anything over $30 you’ll be fine with, don’t overthink it, it’s a bag with straps, nothing else.

DH uses their messenger bags, and I've been really pleased with the quality, design, and look of the Timbku2 products. I'm sure they make backpacks, just not his "look." They do present as higher quality than their mid range price tag. Before I had DH and the kids in my life I was a bagless person, and still am. He carries what we need, so I can't speak to these personally, but he's a huge fan and they do look nice and are functional.

I thought that Jen Lefforge had a recommendation for a certain sling bag. Tried to find that video, but can’t remember when she showed it.

Not just for Disney but any day outing (local zoos, festivals, theme parks etc.) I have this backpack cooler. Shaped like a traditional backpack but it's made out of the same stuff that insulated lunchboxes are made of. It has the large main compartment which is insulated and plus a good sized non-insulated smaller compartment. It's not officially water proof but as long as you don't submerge it for long periods of time it should keep your things dry in the insulated compartment.

I like it because then I have the option of adding a few icepacks and keeping food/drinks cold or just using it as a traditional backpack. I just have to be cautious not to over pack it with drinks or it gets too heavy (for me anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter