What is the Origin of Your DIS Screen Name?

I am a huge fan of the TV show Lost. The Orchid is the DHARMA station that is involved in time travel research. Well, around the time The Orchid was introduced in the show, I found my first love on MySpace. We dated when she was stationed in my state while in the Navy...then she had to go home. We lost touch for 12 years and when we met again, we fell in love and continued where we left off. It felt like I had gone back in time...so I chose The Orchid for that reason. :lovestruc

Honey, I had no idea that is why you decided on your screen name. I wish I would have only been so thoughtful. I love you with all my heart.

Funny, how true it is that we picked up right where we left off. It was like time stood still all those years. Love you!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love::love::love: :)

I am a huge fan of the TV show Lost. The Orchid is the DHARMA station that is involved in time travel research. Well, around the time The Orchid was introduced in the show, I found my first love on MySpace. We dated when she was stationed in my state while in the Navy...then she had to go home. We lost touch for 12 years and when we met again, we fell in love and continued where we left off. It felt like I had gone back in time...so I chose The Orchid for that reason. :lovestruc

Now that the show is over and the horrible ending, are you still a fan?? i watched that show religiously, bought all the dvds, went to all the comic-con panels, and then that fateful day when the show ended and was such a horrible ending, i WARN people now that are trying to watch it, not to waste their time, and how they will only be let down, i sold all my dvds, gave away all my comic-con prizes and can only hope that show fades out of my memory ASAP!

My name is Michelle, but trying to find any available "michelle" names on any site is ridiculous...there must be a million Michelles in the world!!!:) So my email etc is always Shelly. F is for the first letter of my surname & 62 is the year of my birth...not very Disney, but easy for me to remember.

oh u two are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWW HOW SWEET!!!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love::love::love: :)

She is like that off the board too...always saying sweet things. :cloud9: The day I found her on MySpace was the luckiest day of my life! :lovestruc

Honey, I had no idea that is why you decided on your screen name. I wish I would have only been so thoughtful. I love you with all my heart.

Funny, how true it is that we picked up right where we left off. It was like time stood still all those years. Love you!

I love you! :flower3:

i hope that someday my prince will tell me " the day i found her on the dis was the luckiest day of my life"...

I grew up in a town called Newry in Northern Ireland, moved to Canada when I was 14 but still think of myself as a Newrygirl, hence my disname:goodvibes

My name is Michelle, but trying to find any available "michelle" names on any site is ridiculous...there must be a million Michelles in the world!!!:) So my email etc is always Shelly. F is for the first letter of my surname & 62 is the year of my birth...not very Disney, but easy for me to remember.

So is it OK if we call you Shelly? :)

She is like that off the board too...always saying sweet things. :cloud9: The day I found her on MySpace was the luckiest day of my life! :lovestruc

I love you! :flower3:

Oh man.....you guys prove that true love does exist. :) :) :lovestruc:love:

i hope that someday my prince will tell me " the day i found her on the dis was the luckiest day of my life"...

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Be gentle....

My moniker fzySIDEup, is kind of weird but I chose it because I never have trouble getting it as my screen name wherever I decide to post. It might sound weird or dirty or whatever, but in fact its the punchline to a joke about my work. I'm in the flooring business; carpet, tile that sort of thing. So, real quick, here is the (bad) joke.

Q: How do you know if a new guy has an aptitude for carpet installation?

A: If he knows how to put the fuzzy side up...

Hilarious, :goodvibes I know.... But it works and it keeps people scratching their head as to what it means.

mine is based off those old att commercials where they speak in text slang. a young girl says "idkmybffjenny" (i think that was the name) which stands for I don't know my best friend forever jenny. so I became idkmybffminnie because I love minnie!

Mine is pretty basic too...My name is Jen, we have a small farm....(my family refers to it as the zoo) Hydroguy, I thought it was interesting about your line of work- I live in Corvallis OR where CH2MHILL originally was started and my father in law plays in a "senior citizens" band with one of the original founders. Some of the stories that guy tells about places he has been and projects he was involved in over the years is pretty amazing! Anyway, it really does make the world small!

It's a small world Farmgirljen, we're neighbors! :wave2: I live over in Lebanon but my family lives in Corvallis. I love that they have a TJ's now, I go every couple weeks!

Mine is pretty basic too...My name is Jen, we have a small farm....(my family refers to it as the zoo) Hydroguy, I thought it was interesting about your line of work- I live in Corvallis OR where CH2MHILL originally was started and my father in law plays in a "senior citizens" band with one of the original founders. Some of the stories that guy tells about places he has been and projects he was involved in over the years is pretty amazing! Anyway, it really does make the world small!
Yep, they are one of our bigger customers. Very cool. Their corporate headquarters are in Denver these days, but Corvallis remains one of their main offices.

I do not remember who they are but CH2M stands for four guys whose names started with - what else? - C, H, M and M. Then I guess they merged with Hill. Your FIL must know one of them. :yay:

Now that the show is over and the horrible ending, are you still a fan?? i watched that show religiously, bought all the dvds, went to all the comic-con panels, and then that fateful day when the show ended and was such a horrible ending, i WARN people now that are trying to watch it, not to waste their time, and how they will only be let down, i sold all my dvds, gave away all my comic-con prizes and can only hope that show fades out of my memory ASAP!

I'm sorry, I just now saw your question! Well, the first time I saw it, I HATED it too. I mean I was so disappointed and felt like they took the easy way out. There were much better ways they could have accomplished their goal...that of keeping the Losties together forever. I did not want them to fall back on some big religious answer and they kinda promised they wouldn't early on in the series.

I don't know if you ever watched "The 4400" which was another really good science fiction where they totally ruined it with the ending. Now THAT is one show I just can't bring myself to watch after the disastrous final season. :sad2: But the first few seasons were really, really good.

However, after I watched it a few more times, it grew on me. I do like that they will stay together since their time on the island really was the most important that each of them had in their lives and their relationships with one another created the most personal growth in all their lives. I still feel it was a weak ending and I do wish they would have found a different or better way. But I've gone from hating it to being able to deal with it. I do love the series and I don't want to let a bad ending ruin the whole thing for me. And there were positives in this whole thing too. I LOVED watching the characters reunite with one another. Especially Juliet and Sawyer. I did NOT like them as a couple at first, but they grew on me big time.

So I guess all in all, I'm in the middle somewhere. I do think they could have done better. I cringe when I see the part where Jack's dad starts explaining it all It just seems so...I don't know...stupid. Sort of like the final chapter of Harry Potter when Rowling explains what happens to everybody. It just didn't feel like it belonged with the story. That's how Lost feels. But just like I still adore Harry Potter, I do still like the series.

I'm another one for the "I-wish-I-had-been-more-creative" camp. But, my screen name is descriptive! There are four of us in our family. DH, myself, and our two DDs. DH is the epitome of an Eeyore! Always worried the worst scenario is going to happen. That part was easy. Coming up with a descriptor for the three female members of our family was a bit trickier. I ended up with "Tink" mostly because it seemed to flow the best. The nice thing is that it was an easy name to remember. When I first signed up for the DIS, I was researching a trip and then didn't do much more with it until HydroGuy talked up the site for me. When I looked up the boards again, I remembered my screen name from a year or two prior and logged right back on!

My name is Joy and "Joybelles" is a pretty common nickname for me!! And "Joyful" I am not... so I avoid that one!

However, it's also a pretty common screen name--so sometimes I'm Joybellesr. Which always looks so weird... Glad I could be Joybelles here!

Origin Story: Years ago, i was stuck in POTC right at the part where they dunk "carlos" and after about 30 min. or so, all i could hear was "carlos, dont be chicken" then whole rest of the trip thats all we would say to each other, it became the saying of the vacation,then the next visit, we went on POTC and were all laughing and i said i cant wait to see chickencalros again, then BAM, history was made. LOL, when i finally stumbled across the DIS the only name that came to mind when thinking of disneyland was ChickenCarlos:thumbsup2

Mine was a random decision, everything else seemed to be taken so I just chose Tink with my birth year...I don't even like Tinkerbell :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter