what kind of resorts would you like to see?

And now they’re taking over some moderates. Putting a high rise in Coronado. I’D be crushed if they did that to POR.
Guess DVC is their cash cow.
Is the high-rise at CSR a DVC building? I thought it was just a change in the accommodations for convention guests. The high-rise at CBR is definitely going to be DVC (The Riviera).

But I totally agree that I would like to see fewer DVC resorts being created - especially at the expense of resort hotel rooms. Personally, I have no interest in owning at a resort that has been retro-fitted from hotel rooms to DVC villas.

Is the high-rise at CSR a DVC building? I thought it was just a change in the accommodations for convention guests. The high-rise at CBR is definitely going to be DVC (The Riviera).

But I totally agree that I would like to see fewer DVC resorts being created - especially at the expense of resort hotel rooms. Personally, I have no interest in owning at a resort that has been retro-fitted from hotel rooms to DVC villas.

The tower at CSR is NOT going to be DVC. The tower ate CBR, technically is no longer going to be CBR. It's a 'new' DVC resort.

The tower at CSR is NOT going to be DVC. The tower ate CBR, technically is no longer going to be CBR. It's a 'new' DVC resort.
Yes, I know that. They just leveled a section of CBR to accomplish it. More hotel rooms lost to DVC. The mouse has learned that it's more cost-effective to have DVC owners pay for the maintenance of resort property than it is to have hotel rooms. Hence, the conversion of Poly and WL rooms to DVC and the loss of all of those CBR rooms.

I'm for building a suite in each of the World Showcase pavilions themed to that particular country it's in.

I'm also for a resort in WWoS specifically for Pop Warner and school groups so that regular guests don't have to deal with them.

Other ideas:

• Retheme the All Star and Pop Century resorts to the more popular Disney films.
  • A luxury resort themed to Paris, with DVC villas themed to the French countryside. A similar resort can be themed to Venice with DVC villas themed to Tuscany.
  • Elaborately-themed safari tents that would allow you to camp out with the animals in Kilomanjaro safaris.

I would love to see a moderate with heavy Disney theming. My kids are young and they loved the extra large Buzz and Woody at ASMo. We are going to try out the Pirate Rooms at CBR because as beautiful as I think New Orleands theme is, it means nothing to my boys. I can go to a pretty hotel anytime. We go to WDW for Disney theming.

Oh this is a neat thread.
I think a moderate or deluxe that is sort of like AOA but not like AOA.

Like model it after the live action films. You could have standard rooms themed like Belle's cottage or Aurora's cottage. Then have preferred rooms/deluxe rooms modeled after the castle rooms, etc. maybe even have a few Villian themed rooms too. Like a Gaston's room or Malificent themed room. Could even do this for Snow White, etc. They could even extend that type of theming to the dining options.

I like all the ideas everyone has come up with! Disney could do so much and still keep it tasteful and not too over the top.

CSR for adults only, including 6 anytime, anywhere Fastpasses each day!

Oh wait, isn't that what the new Star Wars Galaxy Edge Resort features?

I thought CSR tower would be DVC, or partly DVC. I could be mistaken. I don’t think convention guests would take up an entire tower. I just hope they don’t do this to the POR resorts. Totally ruins theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter