What not to do at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I never again see a parent yelling at a child over some small, minor matter that boils down to the parent being tired and cranky and taking it out on the kid it will be too soon, but at Disney? I think it should be a felony offense; heck, I think for that one thing we should bring back horsewhipping.

To add on to this, were in DHS, DW doesn't do "big rides" and was waiting for DS and I to ride TOT and RNR. She observed a father smack his son with that little upside the head thing and say I have had enough of you today and can't stand anymore. She looked at her watch and it was 10:50 a.m. Bet that was a long day for that kid.

Don't let your kids cause the pool to be shut down like in Caddyshack. At AKL last year and happened twice. :mad::eek:

Agreed! I personally don't have a problem with it. It is natural, when the baby is hungry it should eat whenever and where ever. My only concern is when my 9 yr old DS sees your business hanging out. We don't allow our kids to watch/look at a lot of crap that is on tv and in the media. Now granted he knows what they are and what they are used for but I would preffer to keep him inocent to what they actually look like for as long as possible. As a mother of a tween boy I just ask that you remember that there are young eyes watching and please becareful as to what others actually do "see".

They are BREASTS. They aren't "business" or "crap." What could be more innocent than a baby eating? As the mother of a tween boy, maybe you should educate him that breasts are for more than titillation (pun intended).

Can I ask the question..What is it exactly that is so offensive or improper or bothersome to see a woman breastfeeding?

Almost all of us have been on one end of the breastfeeding or another.

Worried about your 10 year old seeing it? Why? Afraid of the question they may ask?

Worried that it might motivate some pervert to action? What? I just don't get it.

BTW my don't do has been said: Don't try to pass me in line and think I'm not going to notice. I take up too much space in a narrow rope line...and I will call you out and mock you like the cranky old guys on The Muppet Show! HAA!

Don't roll into a long character greeting line (say, the Judge's Tent) in your wheelchair, then get up and walk back to the shop while your boyfriend holds your place in line for 30+ minutes. He's not going to be happy with you, nor will the rest of the people who see you abusing the system later in the day to get reserved parade seating and to bypass the lines on rides.

Don't smoke. Period.

I agree with the not smoking part, but please don't assume that a person is abusing the system just because they can get in and out of the wheelchair. Some people have stamina issues which means that they can not sand for long periods or walk around all day, but sitting in a chair all day is very hard too and they get leg cramps and need to walk around a bit. It dose drive me crazy tho when members in a group go back and forth and have to squeeze by you in the lines just because they don't want to be patent like everyone else. As for the reserved parade seating, it is very small and often the view is not that great and there is no bypassing lines. Many times people in a wheelcahir have to wait longer for a ride that the regular line because they have to use a special car. Also they only allow so many special needs guest on a ride or in a show so many times wheelchair users will have to wait untill the next show or for all the other wheelchair users to exit the ride before they can get on. There are a few people that do try and cheat the system, but the jokes on them because it is much harder to get around Disney in a wheel chair.

I agree with the not smoking part, but please don't assume that a person is abusing the system just because they can get in and out of the wheelchair. Some people have stamina issues which means that they can not sand for long periods or walk around all day, but sitting in a chair all day is very hard too and they get leg cramps and need to walk around a bit. It dose drive me crazy tho when members in a group go back and forth and have to squeeze by you in the lines just because they don't want to be patent like everyone else. As for the reserved parade seating, it is very small and often the view is not that great and there is no bypassing lines. Many times people in a wheelcahir have to wait longer for a ride that the regular line because they have to use a special car. Also they only allow so many special needs guest on a ride or in a show so many times wheelchair users will have to wait untill the next show or for all the other wheelchair users to exit the ride before they can get on. There are a few people that do try and cheat the system, but the jokes on them because it is much harder to get around Disney in a wheel chair.

I have no doubt that this particular lady was abusing the system. Her travel partner was visibly annoyed with her behavior. She got up and left the line to cruise around the store for 30+ minutes. She did the same thing after she parked her wheelchair in the parade-viewing spot. She was out of the chair more than she was in it. Flame on. :rolleyes1

OP here, When I started the thread, I wanted it to be fun but informative.
Please stop with Breast feeding chatter, We all have an opinion on this matter. Like religion and politics its just better left alone and to each his own.

I thought of another " What not to do"

Some folks do the disney commando approach, basically running from attraction to attraction trying to see everything. We have been pushed and almost run down by those people trying this approach. This type of touring will usually leads to someone having a major meltdown children and adults alike. We were at Typhoon Lagoon and this mother was yelling at her son of about 12, I don't care that your tired, your grandparents spent xx amount of dollars for this family trip and your going to see everything so that we get our moneys worth. Now shut the ( insert a bad word here) up., and we are going to have a good time even, if it kills us. Unbelievable!!!!:confused3

As a suggestion do a little bit of planning, pick out the attractions that you want to see the most and let everyone pick their fav, see those, and then if time allows pick another one out of the selection.Take a break go ack to your resorts swim, rest or nap, if your not staying on property and don't want to return to your hotel, go to one of the resorts have a meal, check it out, DTD would be another option. There are so many things at Disney if you slow down that you will see that is just a memorable as the rides themselves. But please remember that their are those of us who enjoy stopping to smell the rose's so to speak. Some our best memories are the ones that just happen.:cloud9:

I have a few, and mostly these are from personal experiences so forgive me if I rant a bit.

#1 - Everyone using the disney busses would like to sit in a seat. Do not expect me to give up my seat for you because you are tired or cranky or "just can't believe that there aren't enough seats on these blankity blank busses". If you would like to have a seat, then kindly step off the bus and wait for the next one. You will be first in line and, therefore, guaranteed a seat to sit in. I have no problem giving up my seat for people with small children (no ma'am, I will not give up my seat for your 16 year old son), pregnant women (I even gave up my seat when I was pregnant for someone with a much bigger belly than my own and since my husband was there to help me keep my balance) or for someone with a medical reason. Other than that, back off, it's my seat, and don't you dare try to cuss me out for not wanting to give it up. Wait 10 minutes for another bus or shut up.

#2 - Just because I have a stroller does not mean it's ok to cut in front of me so you won't have to be "held back". Especially when the 20+ people in front of you have already cut in front of me. You could at least make eye contact with me. Don't be surprised if I'm not to happy about being stuck in the same spot for 5 minutes and will use the stroller forcefully to get out of wherever I happen to be.

#3 - At park closing, everyone is headed for the exit. It is not ok to push, pull, yank on or prod the person in front of you. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm trying to get to the same place you are. And there are at least 300 people in front of me. I am not the reason we are walking slowly simply because I'm the person in front of you. Chill out and BACK OFF.

::sigh::

Ok, done for now. I'm sure I'll think of something else later!

Please men, do not wear European bathing suits at the water parks. Especially if you are over 40. I still have nightmares.

i so agree with teh pushing and prodding.. when there is 300+ ppl in front of you there is only so much moving you can do..

Seriously guys, can we move on? We're not all going to agree on it so let's just get over it. If not I'll just request the mods close this thread:confused3

OP here, When I started the thread, I wanted it to be fun but informative.
Please stop with Breast feeding chatter, We all have an opinion on this matter. Like religion and politics its just better left alone and to each his own.

:

Agree...seems like every thread gets around to this subject lately all the time...just agree to disagree

-do not stop walking right in the middle of "traffic" to talk, look at map, or take pictures...pull over.
-do not run into the back of my heels with those strollers. took both of my kids to disney every year since they were 3 and 5 (now 19 and 21) and they walked. what is with these older kids in strollers?...it is called exercise and heaven knows some of these kids could use it.
-parents who literally drag their children along...getting angry with them because they wont' get their picture taken or go on a ride.
-lastly, unsupervised children running around misbehaving and having no manners..never will i ever go to disney quest again.

Using the idle threat. If you don't stop it we are going home right this minute.

DON'T yell at your kids at the end of the day because you are tired. They are children and tired but you are supposed to be the grown up. :(

If someone in a wheelchair is in your way (such as at a shop in front of an item you're interested in, or trying to get to a hostess stand in a restaurant), don't think it's okay to just push them out of the way, or make a huge production out of squeezing past them. Just say "excuse me" and we'll be happy to move. (I'm getting ready for my first WDW trip in the chair, but these have actually happened to me here at home.)

The same goes for my kid's stroller; let ME be responsible for moving her out of your way.

Don't yell at a CM because you "didn't know" about FPs. I watched a girl get verbally beatdown by some crazy in the standby line at TSM because "I waited 2 hours and you keep letting those people in the other line go in first because you like playing god!!!!!":confused3

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Too funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter