What souvenirs do you buy at Disney?

EpcotLove

"To a new day, we go on"
When you go to the parks, what are some of your favorite things to purchase that are aside from the norm: shirts & hats? princess: :earboy2: :laundy:

I save extra money all year long to be able to fill my home with more Mickey :smickey: related items. :)

also.....what are you looking forward to getting this year? I want to get some kitchen stuff & disney pajamas. I know you can order them online, but it's not the same as getting them in the parks or DTD!!
Thanks!

(sorry if this is a repost, I tried to search for a similiar topic).

This year I'm looking forward to getting the pearl with gold wire ears Mickey earrings. Last year I got the Pooh watch. Little by little....:thumbsup2

We always buy a Christmas ornament that has the year on it. At least one, sometimes 2 if we cannot chose. I also like their picture frames. This year though, I am looking foreward to decorating the kids bathroom in Mickey, and I need everything for it, so I plan on getting a lot of bathroom stuff. Oh, and the kids always have to have their toys, they get one for each day of our stay.

we seem to always buy a disney refrigerator magnet with the year of our visit on it. Not an expensive item just a tradition

1) Mickey Mouse watch (Just cool to have one direct from the Mouse)
2) Christmas decorations (not just ornaments, still have a mickey mouse door knob decoration that I love)
3) Something with the year on it.. So we have a keepsake

Next time we visit, I have convinced the DW to get a Pal Mickey (for the kids of course :rolleyes1 )! :cool1:
We are also putting extra money aside just for the loot we plan on hauling back. This will be the first trip for the children, so we plan on spoiling them when we get there.

we seem to always buy a disney refrigerator magnet with the year of our visit on it. Not an expensive item just a tradition

My DH and I buy a disney magnet with the year on it as well. He also gets a shot glass for his collection from each place we stay, and we pick out a Christmas ornament for our disney tree. I'm trying to find things for our spare room, that we will be decorating as a disney theme for a baby room, but I am having a hard time finding things for it. Any suggestions?

My DH and I buy a disney magnet with the year on it as well. He also gets a shot glass for his collection from each place we stay, and we pick out a Christmas ornament for our disney tree. I'm trying to find things for our spare room, that we will be decorating as a disney theme for a baby room, but I am having a hard time finding things for it. Any suggestions?

This website has some really nice crib sets. http://www.babysupermall.com/main/browse/disney-crib-bedding.html

Every trip I buy a stuffed animal (a literal animal) at AK and a souvieneer mug.

For the animals so far I have a flamingo, elephant, and a hippo.

Of corse everyone gets a shirt, but we also buy scrapbooking stuff. Last year I went with the idea I was going to buy things for re doing my bathroom, but didn't find what I wanted...so didn't do that part. We started getting Christmas ornaments each time we go now too.

We like to get place settings and kitchen towels and mugs etc... . Sometimes my DW buys stuff for our Labrador, Raven, dishes bandanas etc...

She also likes to buy Christmas items and a stuffed animal.

Len

I'm surprised no one has mention the pins. We always get DD a few new ones for her collection. I like to get an ornament or two (or 3 or 4...;) ) for our Disney tree. I actually prefer to get the clothes and other things from the Disney website after it's sent to the outlet section. I can buy a ton of things for cheap.:thumbsup2

:)
We buy the kids also a new pin every year and they have there own money and buy one too, We buy disney towels, shirts, shorts, placemats, disney candy, picture frame with the year on it and I always get a different ride or dinner photo taken and put in it. :yay: :yay:

I like to buy postcards and make a scrapbook out of them. We also do the magnet's. Last time we went I bought stuff for are kitchen and dinning room table. Dh usually buys me some figuranes and gives them to me for b-day's and christmas. I want my tree to be disney themed this yr so we've bought ortaments each ime we've gone this yr. I'll use the ones from wal-mart also because we have tons of those. Disney themed games. You can find some at toysrus but not all of them.

My ds#2 has the monerial(sp) so he wants the stuff that goes with it so we plan on buying him one when we go at christmas. We plan on going in Feb before we move out of state so i plan on buying lots. Its a good thing we drive because we would have to pay extra becayse are luggue would go over the 50pd limit.

We always buy Christmas decorations for our Disney tree that keeps getting more and more elaborate. We bought the Christmas tree skirt one year, the monorail set that goes around the base of the tree, the Tinkerbell tree topper and every year we go we buy more and more ornaments. We particularly love the Storybook theme sets. I think we have 10-11 now and we plan on adding 2-3 sets when we go on our WDW vacation next month.

We also got hooked on pin trading before our trip last year! How addicting!! :rotfl: We buy pins throughout the year on Ebay and then have a "pin party" a couple of weeks before we go and then we use those for pin trading at the parks. We also allow each person a set amount of $ to buy new pins.

Only 34 more days to go...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ann Marie :hippie:

we don't buy t-shirts, I purchase them online- much cheaper!! Every year we go I purchase the picture of my family coming off of Splash Mountain. Usually it takes us a few rides to get it right- I am still not use to the huge drop and it really shows in my face, lol. This year I am going to start buying xmas ornaments as I plan on decorating my tree in all disney- yea!!! The Contemporary Resort gift shop has really cool items for your house. I would love to decorate my bathroom or kitchen in disney but my husband says that is going to far- boo hooo on him!!

Every time we go, I get a Disney t-shirt, a stuffed Eeyore (I love my Eeyore!:love:), and a new pin or two for my lanyard.
Of course, depending on the trip, other souveniers magically find their way into my suitcase, but I'm sure that's the work of the souvenir faerie and that I have absolutely nothing to do with it:rolleyes1

Last year I bought the CD, so I could have the magic with me all year long! I like to get small things to magic up our house.

usually something for everyone i promised i would get them. things i just cannot live without!! mostly ends up being pictures and picture frames, t shirts and all the other good stuff. basic generic souveneirs..you know!

Mt wife and I dont' go with anything really in mind just buy what catches our eye. But we usually buy the usual T-Shirts, pins, keychains etc with the year we go or characters we like etc.

This time DDs bought the Mr Potato head and all of the disney gear - now Mr Potato head is getting his own travel log - like the travel gnome :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter