What souvenirs do you buy at Disney?

There are a few things, I have to look and see what tickles my fancy.

A Snowglobe! I am a freak and have to have snowglobes!

Then the kids pick their pins. We allow one from us and then their money for the others.

We always have to stop in at the Fire Department Store at Magic Kingdom. There is always something for my baby Ranger pup and something for the kids and husband.

We buy each of us a Christmas ornament. It is unique to each of us and our tastes. Our tree this year SHOULD be a complete Disney Tree!

Then whatever catches our fancy. In January it was the HUGE hot chocolate mugs at the Yankee Trader beside Haunted Mansion! I got each of the kids hot chocolate mugs and an ice cube tray.

I always buy a piece of jewelry...it last longer. My kids always love to get an exclusive Disney game and of course the pins. The best thing is pictures, we get as many photopass pics as possible and then buy the disc.
My sister loves p.j., so she always buys one there. My B.I.L collects shot glasses, so he gets a new one everytime there.

We used to get a snowglobe here and there, but with the new airline rules regarding liquids we just don't bother anymore.:sad:

I usually get a magnet. The kids get a couple of pins or stuffed animals. My favorite souvenir of all was from Japan at Epcot. It was a folding fan that I keep in my purse and cannot live without. If I get hot, just whip it out and fan away. They have many to choose from for around $10 each.

Fridge magnets :banana: :banana:

and a goofy hat this year

:thumbsup2
Congrats on your Disneymoon in a month! You will absolutely love the CBR! Thats where my DH and I stayed for our Disneymoon last September. Now for our 1 year anniversary, we are going down and staying at the All Star Sports. We'll be there Aug 29 thru Sept. 8th. Enjoy your time! There are some really cute wedding christmas tree ornaments in the Christmas store in Downtown Disney! We bought a couple last year. :tink:

My new tradition is to buy pins,a flag from each country in WS(those little ones that go in holders:goodvibes ), and stuffed animals that are dressed in different outfits :p

Oh and I also get a few pressed pennies sometimes aswell. lol

Wow there are some really great ideas, great ones for me since this is our first WDW trip!

Although I have taken advantage and already purchased a Mickey and Minnie for DS and DD, along with some T-shirts to wear there!

Gosh looking for LIME GREEN stuff is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I always like to get a notepad or pen, then of course a stuffed animal and a charactcher for the house. and if someone has a birthday or sometihng coming up we get them something or for someone's anniversary we always get a picutre frame or something like that we like to stock up because we usally go to WDW every other year.

1) Mickey Mouse watch (Just cool to have one direct from the Mouse)
2) Christmas decorations (not just ornaments, still have a mickey mouse door knob decoration that I love)
3) Something with the year on it.. So we have a keepsake

Next time we visit, I have convinced the DW to get a Pal Mickey (for the kids of course :rolleyes1 )! :cool1:
We are also putting extra money aside just for the loot we plan on hauling back. This will be the first trip for the children, so we plan on spoiling them when we get there.

can you tell me how much the personalized mickey ornaments cost? I know the prices vary because there are different kinds of ornament sizes and shapes of mickey. Give me a price range. thank you.;)

Past trips I've always gotten the usual t-shirts, a mug and a magnet, but this year I have three 'must-haves' on my list -
1) a new Mickey watch (the one I have is from my first trip 17 yrs ago!! The poor guy's getting a little tired!) :faint:
2) sterling silver MM earrings (I bought gold ones the last time) ::MickeyMo
3) a Goofy or Pluto collar for my doggie. :goofy: pluto:

I suspect the Souvenir Fairy might sneak a few other things into the bag as well. Without me knowing, of course! :cool2:

30 more days!!! :dance3:

I too am interested in the ornaments. Every year for Christmas, each family memer picks out an ornament to buy and add to the tree. (THe kids love to put out "their" ornaments and talk about why they chose that one.. usually it is what they are into at the time) Because this is our first WDW vacation we will definately want to add Disney ornaments this year.

Thanks for sharing!

Me::hippie: DH: :cool2: DS16; :cool2: DD8;:cheer2: DD5: princess:

In the past( pre parenthood )I have usually bought, t-shirts, sweatshirts, plush, magnets etc. This trip first on my list is a Mickey Mouse watch for ds4. Will be his first trip to wdw and his first watch:banana:

I love to go shopping at Disney. It is one of the perks---you can buy as much disney as you want. LOL I buy myself some kind of crystal etched disney scene every year. I also buy items for the home. I am looking for some cool disney bathroom items.
This year I am thinking about a pearl necklace with mickeys head for the pearl. I saw it last year and can't stop thinking about it. LOL

You guys have some really cool souvie ideas. But I have a question - my daughter has a collection of dolls from around the world - are there any Disney Dolls other than the plushies? She "needs" one for her collection!!! Thanks for your help.

19 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance3: :dance3:

Charms, always.

I buy a few pins every trip. Usually just from attractions I like or one's that say Thanksgiving 2006 or something like that.

We've also started to buy Mr. Potato Head parts every trip, they're so cute! :p

We also get a magnet and Christmas tree ornament every year. :goodvibes

You guys have some really cool souvie ideas. But I have a question - my daughter has a collection of dolls from around the world - are there any Disney Dolls other than the plushies? She "needs" one for her collection!!! Thanks for your help.

19 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance3: :dance3:

Hmmm.. there is a store on mainstreet that has barbie-like disney dolls I believe. In one of the countries... (I think it's Norway) there are dolls there too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter