What souvenirs do you buy at Disney?

Hmmm.. there is a store on mainstreet that has barbie-like disney dolls I believe. In one of the countries... (I think it's Norway) there are dolls there too...

Thank you!!:flower3: I will have much fun scouting out these stores. Last year we absolutely BLEW through the Emporium, without really investigating. Will be rectifying THAT situation in 19 more days!!!:banana:

I am lion king nut so anythnig lion king:simba: related, we have not been to Disney in ten years, so I made up for it with any and all pins I could find that were Lion King related and a giant stuffed simba, although next time I want the stuffed scar! I did not realise they made the bad guys too! I (am going to start) buying anythnig lion king next time I go!

for everyone who buys the pins, how much should I be expecting to pay for them? I love anything tinkerbell and I'm thinking maybe I should start watching for some on ebay to trade with CMs...but I would like to get an idea of what to expect to spend on them when I go shopping at Disney!

Also is downtown Disney like the main shopping area? or is there shops all over the place?

for everyone who buys the pins, how much should I be expecting to pay for them? I love anything tinkerbell and I'm thinking maybe I should start watching for some on ebay to trade with CMs...but I would like to get an idea of what to expect to spend on them when I go shopping at Disney!

Also is downtown Disney like the main shopping area? or is there shops all over the place?

They can be around $6-$18. I think the last time I was down there they even had a Tinkerbell starting kit, with a few Tink pins and a Tink related lanyard. You could look for that.

Yeah larger pins are ridiculously expensive.....but oh so fun. I haven't gotten into the pin craze because- well, I have the pineapple dole whip fund to save money for! haha

I always buy a amall, blue and white china plate from the World Showcase. I hang the plates on the soffit in my kitchen. Love it! My husband loves toys and always gets the newest playset. (Castle, POTC ship, HM, etc). Then we have to buy something for all the grandkids... :)

The World of Disney Store in DTD is HUGE - and there are a lot of other shops in DTD, but there are shops all over the place - at many of the resorts and in every one of the parks. You could spend a whole trip just going to all the shops in the World!!! :lmao:

1) Mickey Mouse watch (Just cool to have one direct from the Mouse)
2) Christmas decorations (not just ornaments, still have a mickey mouse door knob decoration that I love)
3) Something with the year on it.. So we have a keepsake

Next time we visit, I have convinced the DW to get a Pal Mickey (for the kids of course :rolleyes1 )! :cool1:
We are also putting extra money aside just for the loot we plan on hauling back. This will be the first trip for the children, so we plan on spoiling them when we get there.

Is Pal Mickey worth it you think?

Is Pal Mickey worth it you think?

well, I think they are ammusing.......lol :goodvibes

Some say they aren't worth it, but if it keeps your child quiet and all focused on their new pal mickey...then why not?

I generally buy shirts and hats but the next thing I want to buy is in my avatar. ;)

I usually buy a hat/cap while I'm there as a souvenir but mainly because I do actually need one for walking around the parks all day. When I was younger it was all about the plush toys, and probably still will be 13 years after my first trip! But I like the ornaments, jewellery and pins! I could spend a fair few hundred $$$$ there if I could! DTD is just like heaven to me! lmao.

When you go to the parks, what are some of your favorite things to purchase that are aside from the norm: shirts & hats? princess: :earboy2: :laundy:

I save extra money all year long to be able to fill my home with more Mickey :smickey: related items. :)

also.....what are you looking forward to getting this year? I want to get some kitchen stuff & disney pajamas. I know you can order them online, but it's not the same as getting them in the parks or DTD!!
Thanks!

(sorry if this is a repost, I tried to search for a similiar topic).

I actually want a good old fashioned Mickey Mouse watch!! Also, things for home are my favorited too. :goodvibes

My weakness is Christmas Ornaments. I have so many Disney Christmas ornaments that I have to rotate the ornaments that I use each year.

Mary

I've decided to buy the 18" statues of Mickey. The sell them at DTD for $150. I want to buy one every time I go and have them scattered around my home.

DGS has always in the past bought a sword at POC. Maybe he will buy something different this year but I kinda doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter