What time do you start your day?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
I am finding that as I get older ‘sleeping in” is a thing of the past. Most mornings I have been waking up around 4:00 - 4:30 to start the day. This is actually an improvement over not sleeping through the night which was a problem for several years.

It’s funny, because when we had to quarantine back in March, one of my first thoughts was that it would nice not to “have” to get up so early. Unfortunately, my brain had other plans for that and I am waking earlier than ever.

I am finding that as I get older ‘sleeping in” is a thing of the past. Most mornings I have been waking up around 4:00 - 4:30 to start the day. This is actually an improvement over not sleeping through the night which was a problem for several years.

It’s funny, because when we had to quarantine back in March, one of my first thoughts was that it would nice not to “have” to get up so early. Unfortunately, my brain had other plans for that and I am waking earlier than ever.

I have to agree with you totally on this one. I am 'older' too, and haven't been able to 'sleep in' in a few years. I wake up at almost 4:22 am exactly every morning. I get a lot of things done before hubby ever gets up for work. Even if I stay up later the night before, body alarm clock wakes me at the same time, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. By noon, I'm usually ready for a nap, lol!

I have to agree with you totally on this one. I am 'older' too, and haven't been able to 'sleep in' in a few years. I wake up at almost 4:22 am exactly every morning. I get a lot of things done before hubby ever gets up for work. Even if I stay up later the night before, body alarm clock wakes me at the same time, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. By noon, I'm usually ready for a nap, lol!
I am exactly the same! Anything important better get done in the morning because after 2pm I am not very motivated.

I "hear you" loud and clear..I also had problems for many years sleeping, it improved for awhile and I was sleeping till about 5:30am..now for the last two months, 4am, I wake up, dont even need an alarm clock! By early evening, 8:30, I am ready to go to bed, lol, know its early evening for most, but by that time, its time for me! ::yes::

When I go to bed at a normal time I'm up by 5:00-5:30, but I've been having a hard time falling asleep before midnight/1:00 so I've had to set my alarm or I will sleep past my 7:00 start time for work. I'm working from home right now though so my commute is really short :)

Afraid y'all don't know "early bird":duck:and let's not forget that "waking up early" can also be dependent on the time one goes to bed.

e.g. -- in bed last night during Hogan's Heros 10:30/11:00PM segment and awake this AM a very late 2:30AM. Usually it's more like 1.5 to 2.5 hours of "shut eye" then up and often I leave house for an "overnight 50 to 70 mile bicycle ride" -- seriously -- or before pandemic bicycled to 24hr Walmart food shopping. Being a 70yo retired old phart has advantages. :) If I want to ride 100 miles I'll hit the couch at 8:30PM and wake at 10/10:30PM then out by 11:30PM to 12:30AM. I dig up the worms so birds don't have to work too hard.

BTW, Dream and Wonder are in Port Canaveral at this moment.

https://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

I turn in at midnight and am up between 5:30 and 6:00 am, seven days a week no matter where I am. It’s so habituated now I couldn’t change it if I wanted to but I actually like my routine just fine. :faint: I do have a sleep deficit that builds up over the course of a work-week but I handle that with long, luxurious afternoon naps on the weekend.

I like the early morning hours best. My natural inclination is to stay up until they arrive, but my world aligns better with my rising early to see them. I get up at 4am.

Past 12 years before the pandemic, alarm goes off at 2 am, sitting down at my desk at work at 3 am.
Since March 20 I have been working from home, alarm goes off at 2:45 am, logging in to work remotely at 3 am.

My wife has lost her ability to sleep in. On weekends she is ready to get up after 8 1/2 to 9 hours of sleep, so bed time dictates when she gets up. I can sleep 11 to 12 hours no problem

Most mornings I’m awake before my alarm at 6:30. Actually get out of bed about 7:15.

Weekends I’m still awake before 6:30 but try to stay in bed past 8. Unless it is a shopping weekend. Then I’m up as soon as I wake up and back home before 8am.

With my chronic insomnia, it depends. Some days I am by by 3 am and stay awake and work my regular shift of 1-9 and then collapse into bed where I toss and turn til about midnight then rinse and repeat.

Other times, like now, I am able to sleep until about 10-11. I really, really like the hours that I work because I am not a morning person at all.

The start of my day is generally determined by when our son wakes up. He is usually up sometime between 5:00 and 7:00 but usually towards the early end and when he is up he is up. He isn't a play quietly in his room kind of kid. Now that I'm working from home almost every day my actual work day starts around 8 most days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter