What to avoid

Carousel of Progress and The Hall of Presidents are two I will never do again, unless it's to torture my BFF when she eventually goes to WDW with us. I have told her I'm making her go on CoP. That said, I'm glad we didn't skip those two. They've become part of a running joke with me and my DH, and I even have the song from CoP on my iPod to randomly play in the car to catch my DH off guard.

Other things I definitely won't do again are the Swiss Family Treehouse, the Figment ride (the original one looks so fun on YouTube videos too) and the Lion King show that's in The Land pavilion that's about saving the Earth or something like that.

Up until I started reading this forum I would have said eating at Cosmic Ray's but I've been convinced to give that a second try. I think the DH and I just had a bad experience the first time.

omg! I'd love to get CoP on my ipod. how did you get it?:confused3

The new version of Figment at Epcot... the original version was forever etched my heart:lovestruc Riding the new version was a total letdown. Out of all the things WDW has changed this was one they should have left alone.Really miss the upstairs interaction room too :confused3

We have been to Disney many times and I know I have done the Carousel of Progress. I think I get it mixed up with Disneyland where in that location, there is the Innoventions building and we never end up heading in that direction.

I may have to do that one on my trip this year, just so I can refresh my memory on what it is about.

Anyone else out there do both the Land and the World and get mixed up on ride/park locations. They are set up with the lands in roughly the same area, but have some of it's own attractions in various areas.

My family loves comparing the 2 places and deciding on which version of the ride they like better.

We did the luau and we were not impressed. Ick.

I'm surprised by how many people dislike this..we did it last year with an infant and a 4 year old and we ALL loved it! Great food, helpful staff, and fun entertainment. We are going to do it again the next time we go!!!

Carousel of Progress and The Hall of Presidents are two I will never do again, unless it's to torture my BFF when she eventually goes to WDW with us. I have told her I'm making her go on CoP. That said, I'm glad we didn't skip those two. They've become part of a running joke with me and my DH, and I even have the song from CoP on my iPod to randomly play in the car to catch my DH off guard.

Other things I definitely won't do again are the Swiss Family Treehouse, the Figment ride (the original one looks so fun on YouTube videos too) and the Lion King show that's in The Land pavilion that's about saving the Earth or something like that.

Up until I started reading this forum I would have said eating at Cosmic Ray's but I've been convinced to give that a second try. I think the DH and I just had a bad experience the first time.

OMG we have eaten at Cosmic Rays twice...the first time we ate there was bad but we decided to give it another try on our next trip, but it was horrible again. We will NEVER be eating there again...yuck!

our avoid list:
Snow White's Scary Adventures
the movies in China and Canada
the car stunt show in DHS (if it is summer, this attraction is brutally hot!)

that's all I can think of for now, we like pretty much everything else!

Stitches Great Escape
Narnia - OMG! What was that?!?! When does the ride start?!?! Really, that's it?!?! I want my 20 minutes back.

My kids HATED Stitche's Great Escape!!! I hope they take it out. I always thought a cool ride would be based on Monsters Inc. like a ride through were all the doors are hanging in the movie.:banana:

DCA has a Monster's Inc. ride exactly like that!! I liked the Laugh Floor at WDW...but I'd much rather have seen them bring the ride through to one of the the FL parks!

Anyone else out there do both the Land and the World and get mixed up on ride/park locations. They are set up with the lands in roughly the same area, but have some of it's own attractions in various areas.

My family loves comparing the 2 places and deciding on which version of the ride they like better.

Guilty!! :upsidedow I'm always going to right in Tomorrowland to look for Space Mtn (I even still get mixed up at DL now that the outdoor escalator is gone) and searching for the Nemo subs! lol

Country bears is a show animatronic dressed up bears . They all have different personalities. They sing and talk and are hilariously corny. For me, always a Great place to rest, laugh, and relieve tension.

We have been to Disney many times and I know I have done the Carousel of Progress. I think I get it mixed up with Disneyland where in that location, there is the Innoventions building and we never end up heading in that direction.

I may have to do that one on my trip this year, just so I can refresh my memory on what it is about.

Just got back from my trip and had to try the COP....my 5 yr old loved it. He wanted to go back and do it again a day later. This is not a ride I would have considered for him, but I guess you never know :thumbsup2

We also tried Stich, he hated it. Cried part way through it and didn't like being held in by that harness thing over his shoulders.

Now I can take him on TOT and he thinks it's the best ride yet adn not scary at all....but don't put him on Stitch, he thinks it's to scary...too funny:laughing:

avoid the tiki room and its a small world...it will drive you nuts!

It's a Small World used to do my head in but took DS on it last year when he was one and he adored it!!! Going back on SUNDAY :banana::banana: and we will be back doing it again. LOL. He enjoyed the Tiki Room too.

Country Bears totally bored me to death - don't think we'll be redoing that one. Was going to take him on Bug's Life - we didn't last year because the lines were too long but now people are worrying me that it's too scary for him - hmm - he's not a "scared" wee boy as such - is it easy enough to get out of if you kid freaks out?

mo x

I think Stitch's Great Escape is absolutely horrid. My dd(6) will never step foot in there again...I hope Disney puts in something else in its place soon!!

We also tried Stich, he hated it. Cried part way through it and didn't like being held in by that harness thing over his shoulders.

I think Stitch's Great Escape is absolutely horrid. My dd(6) will never step foot in there again...I hope Disney puts in something else in its place soon!!

DS7 feels the same way. He liked stich before the ride, now he hates stitch! He spit on him and that thing hurts your shoulders. That was such a waste of time and space that could be used for a better ride!

Lines. Use Fastpass, go early, know which rides have lines and which don't and how to avoid them.

Other than that, there isn't a one sized fits all. I like Stitch. I'll never go on Rock n Rollercoaster again. What one person loves another dislikes, and what one dislikes you might skip and have skipped something you later discover you really enjoy. Give anything that sounds interesting and is appropriate for your party a try.

(There might be SOMEONE who likes the lines).

So, I have to say...when we got back last time and I asked my son what his favorite thing was, he said 'standing in line for the railroad (BTMRR) and talkin' to that guy'. :rotfl2:

Now, we waited in line for like 45 minutes (the longest line that trip), and Alex (7 at the time) was best friends with this guy after like 5. I was never so thankful for this guy (he was probably 18ish) because it gave me a moment of silence :rolleyes1

Best line from the boy though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter