What was your first resort?

Caribbean Beach, May 1994. I was 9. Strangely I didn't like the parks all that much. I liked the resort better. LOL.

First resort as an adult, Pop Century in 2012 when I took my own son. I'm now much more into the parks, than the resorts!

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
Dixie Landings 1993 for our honeymoon ❤️ had so much fun

I may have posted on this thread before, can't remember.

January 1972 - Fort Wilderness
July 1972 - Contemporary Resort

Wish I could turn back the clock to 1972. I'd would not have any grey hair nor need to lose about 35 pounds!:rotfl2:

First resort was Poly Moorea building 1992. Wanted to splurge in case it was our only trip. Next trip was 12 years later, but we've had several since then.

First on-site was the Grand Floridian, must've been just a few years after it opened. We stayed there a few times when I was a kid and finally had opportunity to return last year. Loved it so much we're going back this spring!

Our first WDW trip DW and I did it in the cheap through a deal with Delta Airlines. We stayed in Kissimmee in a cheap hotel and drove a Ford Festiva - what a POC that was! It was between Thanksgiving and Christmas and that used to be a really dead time - we had a blast.
First stay on-property we stayed at POFQ and loved it. POR is my favorite outside of DVC. We stayed there a couple of times.

I think I may have posted on this thread before, but in case I haven't, Contemporary Resort (when I was like 2, maybe 3) not long after it opened, and then a huge break until around 1999 then it was the Port Orleans French Quarter.

Poly in 1977. We liked it and returned in 1980. Taking our DSs to WDW was something we did every three years though their childhood. After Poly, we went to Contemporary, the we rented a trailer home in Ft Wilderness. By that time, we all really liked those trailers.

Caribbean Beach in 1990. I was 12. We saw an alligator in the water there on that trip.
I’ve been there twice more since the skyliner and still love it there.

Pop Century not long after it opened. Remember the big Mr Potato display in the middle?

Off season amazing 5d/5n package. Included hotel, park hoppers, flight, rental car and even a choice of 1 character meal or dinner show. Pretty sure it was $1,300 lol for a couple with 2 babies. Would cost over $3k today.

Years ago, I brought my mom for a long weekend to Florida. She was caretaking my dad end of life, and needed a getaway. It was my first/only mom/daughter trip as an adult, and it was so very special. We only stayed one night - Carribean Beach resort and Epcot for one day. I remember walking around the island and how much she loved the flowers and foliage at both the resort and Epcot. Wonderful memories!

My first trip on site with my kiddos as All Star Music. We're a musical family, and definitely on a strict budget. I just remember how very excited they were to be at Disney, and the incredible Disney theming. Love our Disney memories!

Contemporary I think 1992 or 3 you had to show you were staying at one of the monorail resorts to ride the resort monorail. Yes I have stayed there a few times after. My wife stayed at the Poly as a child but it was that or the Contemporary as far as resorts. We have stayed there far more times than the Contemporary.

POR and I hated it! Next time we stayed at AoA Lion King section and it was great. We are staying at Poly in May and I can't wait.

My first trip to Disney World was in October 2012. I stayed in Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room. I have not been back to the resort. I tend to stay in the deluxe resorts now. I loved the theming of the room I stayed in as well as the rest of the resort, but did not like the distance of the Little Mermaid rooms from everything else the resort offered and I don't need a suite.

All Star Music on a college dance team trip in 2003. It was fine (well at the time I LOVED it as it was my first experience with Disney and I was young lol), but I wouldn't seek it out to stay again unless I just wanted to be on a budget. We're actually trying out 1 night at Movies before a cruise this year though.

Aside from one bad night at Ft Wilderness (our fault, not theirs), the first complete stay for me was at the Contemporary, circa 1981. I stayed again in 1990, but since then haven't been back. I bought into DVC in 1993 so nearly all stays have been at a DVC resort and so I haven't been back to the Contemporary except to sightsee or for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter