What will it take for you to visit Disney again?

Our plan since last summer was to go to DLR summer 2021 and back to WDW in March or July 2022 before our youngest turns 10yo since we have a kid ticket ‘bought’ in 2017 with AM (Canadian discount). We had already decided to stay in Canada for our summer 2021 vacations to encourage our economy and yesterday we decided that we will go back to WDW ONLY if there’s a new president in November. If not, I will sell our ticket and go Paris Disneyland and Europe instead, even if that means I will miss the 50th anniversary celebrations.

I’ve written off international travel until 2021. It’s doubtful we will even travel outside our home Province this year. Ideally, I’m waiting for a vaccine before I travel on an airplane again. If by end of 2021 there’s still no vaccine and/or reliability of treatment has not vastly improved, would re-assess.

The proven, effective vaccine. Have seen too much these past 3 months.

As far as a future WDW vacation is concerned, I'd still like an email or phone call letting me know my ADRs will be cancelled, Free Dining will be cancelled, etc before just remotely disappearing them from my account. Made me realize that, despite my compliance and work with their pre-trip reservations and policies, nothing was guaranteed until I enjoyed it and got back home. Eye opening. Guest services disappeared in COVID19. Guest recovery never was.

1. Insurance coverage for non-COVID illnesses
2. No 14 day quarantine

We are ok with the measures in place... none of them are deal breakers for us. We have an August 2020 reservation that we are waiting until the last minute to cancel. It is so hard to give up.... we probably will... but still very difficult. Everything changes so quickly! I should say that I have had a mild form of COVID. While my DH, DD7 and DD9 did not get tested like I did, they had the same symptoms. At the time (April) they were limiting tests... Really would love the antibody test to confirm!

As much as it affects me as I usually spend my summers in the U.S. going the amusement parks, I am very happy with this news. Til they get there act together down there we should keep the border closed.

I feel the same... I will miss my long weekends in NYC or Boston, and maybe cross border shopping trips even more! lol! But their numbers are climbing and with things finally reopening here... better safe then sorry. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel the same... I will miss my long weekends in NYC or Boston, and maybe cross border shopping trips even more! lol! But their numbers are climbing and with things finally reopening here... better safe then sorry. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Not sure what part of Canada you are in but here in Ontario we have been steady around 190 new cases a day. We have been doing very well. I don't want that to go back up.

My family will probably be avoiding the US until they are at a point where there are no cases of local transmission or there is a vaccine. I'm fine with just staying home and saving money right now for however long. My family just went to Disney World this past Dec so we lucked out timing wise there.

We were supposed to cruise early Feb this year with all of my extended family so I'm a bit sad to miss that!

Maybe spring 2021? I've been lucky to be able to attend conferences in Orlando the last few years that I could leverage into Disney World trips. I had a trip planned around a conference at the Swan and Dolphin at the beginning of April that was canceled. They bumped all our registrations to their December conference in Las Vegas... would need to get that bumped forward to hopefully, a spring 2021 conference at the Swan and Dolphin (provided that happens) and then hopefully, work is still willing to send us to conferences (because that's still going to be something they are willing to do after this year of economic uncertainty). So... yeah, spring 2021... almost certainly, positively, maybe... winter 2023.

I own DVC points and have spent from 12 to 17 nights on property per year since 2009, but right now I can’t see myself returning until 2022.
I won’t go back until cases of Covid are similar to the number of where I live, until the park reservation system ends, and until there are far more restaurants available.
I will do some international travel to countries who have been able to flatten their curve, and that have populations that understand why mask wearing is important to stop the spread, But Florida is not that place.

The 50th anniversary!!! As a health care professional, I understand the risks and know how to keep myself and others safe. Wearing a mask (if it is still mandatory) is not an issue for me. And experiencing Disney in a whole new light will be refreshing! Seeing characters interact differently will be exciting! Hopefully queue timing won't be an issue however I was planning on super duper crowds for the 50th soooo yeah... COVID19 will not cause fear for me!

Just one major thing keeping me from Disney and thats the closed borders right now :)

When I first replied to this question, I had some hope that Covid-19 rates would flatten out in the US much the same way as in Canada, enabling the border to be opened in the not-so-distant future. I no longer believe that to be realistic. Several states appear to have real issues getting a grip on the pandemic. As such, I don’t believe any travel to the US will be possible for the rest of this year, and I’m now wondering about 2021. The upside is, my travel costs for the year are way down, and I’m saving money.

1. Control of virus in the US overall (and Florida in particular)
2. Fireworks and entertainment return
3. Travel Medical Insurance valid for Covid related care

We had a December trip booked but bumped it to March (and moved it to Universal -- although we plan to go to a couple of Disney parks) but we could reschedule again if things aren't in hand by then. We love our Disney trips but we love our good health more.

No 14 day quarantine
No masks

The quarantine is actually our biggest barrier. While I could likely work from home, DH could never take an extra 2 weeks off to quarantine. I haven't completely cancelled our trip to San Diego and DL this August, but we're pretty positive we'll postpone till next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter