What will it take for you to visit Disney again?

Umm until this is gone, and most think of this like SARS...until then, nope. The way the states are handling this and all their stuff, no go for us. I can bank and rent out my points. Save my money, and with that our first trip might then be to Aulani, with the savings. Just to relax and unwind from all this

My answer changes with the changing landscape of this year . Florida is a hot mess right now. COVID is out of control and become politicized. The politics in general turn my stomach and I just can’t. My sister is in Florida and having a baby . So when safe to see them I will want to, but I don’t know when that will be.

I think next summer we will do another Canadian National Parks camping trip ....the first one in 2018 was magnificent. In 2022 I would love to go to England, Irleand and Scotland with my then 18 year old before he leaves for University but we will have to see about that one.
For now I will bide my time and save my pennies and see what unfolds. I’m just so turned off in so many ways I don’t see Disney anytime soon.

Like most who are posting in this thread, I’m waiting and watching. When I made my first post I was optimistic that there would be a great improvement in the virus by fall. Here at home there has been. But not south of the border.
I had hoped to be at WL to celebrate a milestone birthday in December with family.. now I’m holding & hoping for the best.. prepared to push it out to the late spring.

The US is a mess right now with Covid19 in all but a few areas. Sadly Florida is on track to perhaps surpass NYC in numbers and may be the next epicenter in the US. All the justification that increased number of tests are the reason for the increase doesn’t negate the fact that the virus can not show positive in a test unless it is present & positive.🤷🏻‍♀️. Who knows what the pending influx of people from all over the country will bring to Florida. NBA, MLS, a huge political convention.... yikes!

To get me back now? I’m betting that will change as we go forward and as time goes on. But for now, if the numbers continue to rise and community spread becomes a larger factor... I can wait.

Last edited:
I won’t feel good about travelling to Disney again until things are under control, masks aren’t needed, no self quarantine and I can reasonably expect to visit and come home without a hospital visit.

Florida is in a precarious place right now. The Actors Equity is asking for Disney World to delay opening. California numbers are lower than Florida and they have delayed opening Disneyland. There are a lot of people converging on Florida right now coupled with exploding numbers. Doesn’t feel like a good time to go now or anytime soon.

we were planning a trip for Nov 2021, but we might wait another year to go.

I want things to some what back to normal before we go, but the way things are down south I am not sure when that will happen any time soon.

The politics around the pandemic is making me sick to my stomach. I just watched part of a news conference with their covid panel or whatever it’s called. It’s all this justification about why numbers are going up, going on about what an amazing the job the government is doing and how amazing everything is. I’m like OMG are you people for real? I can’t believe how they don’t seem to care that people are getting really sick and losing their life. All for politics.

I want to go next spring but unless things change I don’t think that will happe.

The politics around the pandemic is making me sick to my stomach. I just watched part of a news conference with their covid panel or whatever it’s called. It’s all this justification about why numbers are going up, going on about what an amazing the job the government is doing and how amazing everything is. I’m like OMG are you people for real? I can’t believe how they don’t seem to care that people are getting really sick and losing their life. All for politics.

I want to go next spring but unless things change I don’t think that will happe.
I watched part of that today too. All that back-patting they were doing. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Your country is a joke, you have NOT done a good job of this AT ALL. Yes, I know there are some states that have done a good job but that is not good enough. They ALL need to do a better job.

I watched part of that today too. All that back-patting they were doing. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Your country is a joke, you have NOT done a good job of this AT ALL. Yes, I know there are some states that have done a good job but that is not good enough. They ALL need to do a better job.
Agreed. I look at how well we have done with keeping the numbers low overall here. To see so many people downplay this is concerning. What really concerns me is how many people are trying to find ways to get around quarantine rules. I usually go to a few U.S. parks in the summer. I have no idea when I will be heading back stateside.

Last edited:
This is some of the comments you see on some of the other Disboard pages:
"We're not at all concerned about this virus and will be going for our August 13-20 trip if Disney doesn't chicken out and close again. "

Attitudes like those are the reason why the US is POOPING the bed when it comes to this. How friggin' entitled ARE YOU?!

This is some of the comments you see on some of the other Disboard pages:
"We're not at all concerned about this virus and will be going for our August 13-20 trip if Disney doesn't chicken out and close again. "

Attitudes like those are the reason why the US is POOPING the bed when it comes to this. How friggin' entitled ARE YOU?!

im with you. I get so upset reading some of those posts. These are not numbers but actual people getting sick and some losing their life. It’s like some people don’t care if people die. Just as long as they get to do what they want. It breaks my heart.

I cancelled my Free Dining Sept trip over 3 weeks ago. This morning received an email from Disney letting me know I can make my park selections starting today. So I checked my disney experience to make sure my reservation was truly cancelled. It is. Disney IT and Guest Services are a hot mess. I didn't get any communication all spring and early summer about taking away my free dining and ADRs. They just disappeared from my booking. Now they reach out to let me know I can choose a park. When I no longer have a reservation. Very glad to be done with this 2020 trip. Really messed up. :sad2:

You may have received the email because you have tickets in your account. I cancelled my room reservation last week and I got the same email this morning because I still have tickets linked in my account, which is where they will stay until normal returns and we can return to WDW.

I too received the email. A bit disconcerting when you consider that Florida is/ought to be considering backtracking on its opening up. Wonder how the two efforts on the part of the state and Disney diverged so much? Not even vaguely interesting as an offer.

Today was supposed to be our FastPass day. :sad:

When they first mentioned the opening day...and we already have our booking for end of Aug....and our resort is one of the first ones opening...we thought, hmm...can we still go? But with the huge increase in Florida (not to mention borders not opened), it's no way. I still have to make the call to cancel our package (it hurts to do so), but definitely will.

To return....need Florida and other areas more under control (as WDW is mostly visitors), need borders open with no quarantine rules in place, and we need to feel safe.

I also got the email about the new Disney Theme Park entry system. It says “since you’re an existing Walt Disney World ticketholder”. Obviously refers to the four tickets we have linked in MDE for our cancelled trip.

I honestly thought they would be delaying their re-opening of WDW but looks like they are going ahead with theme park bookings starting today.

I also received the email about booking.....a day or two after I cancelled our reservation. We had no tickets purchased yet, and it was requesting I confirm our reservation after outlining the changes happening at the park. Crazy!

Will be staying in Canada for the next little while. This summer and next have already committed to vacationing in Canada. I am aiming for January 2022 at the earliest, all depends on if the virus has slowed down by that point. Biggest issue is the political situation in the USA, all depends who is running the country after this November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter