What would you budget for a small bathroom remodel?

Repairing a bathroom starts at $150 and goes up to $900 per square meter. This amount includes payment for work and materials without the cost of plumbing (sink, drawer, bathtub, toilet bowl, faucets, electric towel rail, and the like). The total amount, including the plumbing cost, ranges from $ 1150 to $ 3000, and if the area is large, from 8 square meters, up to $ 10000. I took my bathtub design from https://planner5d.com/blog/cSZG/55-...esign-ideas:-best-remodeling-tips-and-layouts. It came in handy, nothing interesting came to my mind.

Last edited:
OP are you guys handy at all? If you guys can pull out the vanity and toilet and demo the floor you will save a fortune. If you leave the tub and just replace the floor, toilet, vanity and lights you can save a ton by being flexible. Go to Home Depot or Lowes, etc. and look at tile and vanities that might be on clearance or on sale. Same for lighting. As long as you don’t have to have a certain tile, etc you can save a ton doing it this way. Also check Facebook marketplace and Craigslist because a lot of times you can find brand new items because someone ordered the wrong thing or too many boxes of tile etc..

May not be ideal, but a bathroom of that size can definitely be done for far less than 15k…especially leaving the tub as is.

Good luck!!

Repairing a bathroom starts at $150 and goes up to $900 per square meter.
So for a typical 9' x 5' bathroom $675 to $4,050? The building permit was $1,000 by itself. The shower surround in my bathroom was was $7,500 just for the Corian. Those numbers seem way way way low.

My parents just replaced their tub with a shower, and that was all they did, and it was $15,000.
in our home, we replaced the vanity and fixture, toilet, flooring, redid the walls, for $2500. But we did it ourselves.
would like to replace the tub, but afraid to look at prices, because that is Something we cannot do ourselves.

My parents just replaced their tub with a shower, and that was all they did, and it was $15,000.
in our home, we replaced the vanity and fixture, toilet, flooring, redid the walls, for $2500. But we did it ourselves.
would like to replace the tub, but afraid to look at prices, because that is Something we cannot do ourselves.
That is a great price. My vanity was $2,000 and the LVP flooring another $1,500. Shower surround was $7,500 and those all are materials only prices, no labor.

We will be remodeling a small bathroom and bedroom on the main floor. When it was first quoted, we were going to remove the tub and make it a walk in shower so that when our Mom's would visit, it would be easier for them. It would be taken to the studs and the estimate was $12,000. Not including materials: vanity, light, toilet, shower doors, tile, etc. But my husbands mother can't travel anymore and my mother passed last summer so I'm hoping to get another estimate and keep the tub.

Our bathroom is a little smaller- we paid maybe 13K for the remodel. up here in expensive CT.

When picking a contractor, see if they are willing to let you purchase things and then they put them in such as lights, mirrors, shelving, shower heads, and such.... We just built our house, and wanted a really nice shower/rain head... in the design room they wanted 500.00 for the style we wanted...so we went with the builders one, and I went and bought the one we wanted at Home Depot for around, 100.00.

Many contractors will bump up the labor in the quote to cover the money they won’t make by the client buying their own items when they have them do a job. If it’s a few small items that’s okay. If the client is going out and buying their own fixtures, water heater, etc the contractor will make no money. Generally speaking the hourly rate covers the overhead of the company. The way they make money is on the markup for the items. No one is going to work for free.

Many contractors will bump up the labor in the quote to cover the money they won’t make by the client buying their own items when they have them do a job. If it’s a few small items that’s okay. If the client is going out and buying their own fixtures, water heater, etc the contractor will make no money. Generally speaking the hourly rate covers the overhead of the company. The way they make money is on the markup for the items. No one is going to work for free.
Our contractor had us buy everything we could. He was very straight forward, he marked up everything he bought 40%. If we used the suppliers he recommended, they all delivered everything to my contractors warehouse. Tub, toilets, faucets we purchased ourselves. Cabinets, flooring, counter tops, he purchased.

We just got a quote on remodeling our daughter's small bathroom. We are adding a wide dormer to give her some headspace in the shower. We aren't changing the footprint, but "raising the roof" - current roof is slanted so she has no room to raise her arms in the shower. Quote is $23,000.

Having done several bathrooms it a as let’s depends I the quality of materials. For a walk I shower,good tile,nice vanity,replacing lights upgrading electrical etc I would not budget less than $15000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter