What would you do with your life if money was no object?

I am not sure. With our son in secondary school, I wouldn't relocate as I don't want to mess with his education

There will be a lot more vacations, maybe holiday home, house remodeling too

I will give to charity who deals with kids who struggle to stay in school or have no access to education.

I would have said live pretty much the same but travel a lot more frequently, but since the pandemic I'm thinking a beach house in a somewhat remote location would be nice!

Ok mine is kind of silly, but I would offer the people who have my parents house and my grand parents house, a generous amount so I could have them both and keep in the family.
Not silly at all. I have a friend who bought his grandparents' house after it had been out of the family for many decades. He is currently restoring it will all the old fixtures, paint, etc. it had when his grandma was alive. Such a sweet homage.

I would quit my job so I could be there 100% for my kids while they are still at home. I was born in the wrong era...I truly feel like I could be happy just taking care of my kids and home.

Beyond that, I’m a water lover, so I’d buy a home on the water somewhere. We already live right along Lake Michigan, but about a mile inland, so it wouldn’t be too far of a move at all.

Finally, assuming we get back to a post COVID world someday I would travel and go to tons of concerts and live shows. I’m more about experiences vs. stuff, so I’d be living that VIP life when it comes to concerts.

Take care of my mom, first and foremost.

Foster kittens.

Take a lot of courses. All the things I've wanted to do or learn but couldn't afford to "waste" education money on non-essential courses. Ballet. Astronomy. Advanced genetics. Orbital mechanics. Painting. Food critic courses. Why not? I'd have the time and money and no need for my education to lead to a job. I could learn just for learning's sake.

Travel.

Buy a hobby farm, install a pool and hot tub, buy an rv, and give my kids the most awesome life! No working, no worrying about money, just let them have fun and enjoy life! I would quit working so I could be home with my kids as much as possible, but I would still volunteer and make sure my kids did as well. Alsmost forgot to say that my house would have the biggest craft room you ever saw!! Lol, finally I would have room to store my hoard of yarn :)

as little johnny so eloquently explains....I wanna be a billionaire, going to the most expensive clubs, take the best b girl with me, give her a Ferrari worth over a million bucks, an apartment in Hawaii, a mansion in Paris, a jet to travel through Europe, an Infinite Visa Card and to make love to her three times a day". I changed some of the language to be more dis friendly.... and as little suzy explains...I wanna be johnnys girl.

I would start a cancer charity in my Mom's name that helped people pay their bills, because that was what we lost the most sleep over when she was fighting the disease for six years. I vividly remember calling utility companies and begging them not to shut us off because I had a cancer patient in the house.

I would take care of everyone I love and give them houses and cars and money.

If we're talking purely about things I'd do for myself...and assuming at some point this pandemic will be in the past...I would move to Wildwood and fix up one of the old Victorian houses on Central Avenue to live in. I would spend my days going to flea markets all over the country, because my absolute favorite thing to do is go to flea markets. I would have two weeks in WDW every year and stay at any resort that pleased me without a care for budgeting. And I'd probably get a cat. I'd learn to drive so I can have a car to visit my sister. I'm not a luxury-minded person by nature. To me, luxury is the absolute peace of not worrying about paying bills or having to stick to a budget. To go into a store knowing I can have whatever I want even if I buy nothing. That's what I'd do with unlimited money-have peace of mind.

*deep breath*
I would remodel and repair my entire house, new kitchen, re-painted bathrooms, make a gaming room, fix the roof, add a fence, and heck maybe buy a second house for me and my siblings to live in.
I would take more trips, travel to every state in the US and do at least three Disney Trips a year. I'd also like to go to Eftling, that place seems cool.
Be happy that I don't even need to worry about medical insurance because I can just pay for ANYTHING completely out of pocket.
I would buy my sister a nice laptop and a wacom tablet so she can start on her dream to be an animator. Then I would fund any project she would want to pursue. Maybe we'd manage to make an animated film, who knows.
If my brother would let me I'd pay for his medical school.
And I'd get my parents whatever they want.
I would take a ton more classes since I don't have to worry about grad school fees anymore. And then I would take classes in random stuff just because I miss fun school and I like learning. Some wine classes, some computer science, maybe some history classes just because.
I would go on a very long train ride, don't even know where, just know that I would like to go on a train somewhere. In general I have a million different hobbies I've never attempted to get into because I'd be scared to waste money, but it's not wasting if you have unlimited money.
I would end up buying so many lego sets.
Hire a chauffeur because I hate driving but live somewhere public transportation is basically impossible.
I would pay to build a theme park where it's Halloween all year, and go all out on dark rides, themeing, and haunted houses. Because I feel like that really needs to exist in the world.

In short: I'd do a lot of things. I'm a creative college student who grew up with little money but a lot of dreams.

Oh, I'd like to add something very specific:

I'd like to volunteer at a science museum.

They often have people in exhibits to talk to patrons, lecture, etc. I would love to do this, inspire children and share my excitement and love of science with others.

I'd try to keep it quiet that I had large amounts of money. I'd like financial security, but I don't particularly want to live a life where I have to worry about being bothered for having money. I've heard about lottery winners being discovered and where they had to disconnect phone numbers and move because they were getting requests. I'd do my best to live within whatever my investments would bring in per year.

If I came across secure for life money suddenly, I'd buy a new car, fix up my house, and try to make whatever money I had last. Maybe go out and eat more. Maybe tip better. However, I wouldn't want to live an extravagant lifestyle. Definitely travel, but not fly first class or stay in the most expensive hotels.

I'd probably get Disneyland Annual Passports for my family.

I would buy and maintain a extravagant toy store that would absolutely hemorrhage money but it wouldn't matter. Every summer I'd give away sprinklers and squirt guns, every winter full sets of hot toys for any underprivileged family that applies. It would have a carousel inside, and a petting zoo.

I would love to be a secret angel for women struggling through cancer or other serious illnesses who don't have family or friends to help them out. Maybe send housecleaning or other services to them. I once read about a housecleaning service for cancer patients. I can't even imagine how draining it is - and what a little lift in spirits it must be if a smiling face comes in and makes everything clean and sparkling, maybe does some cooking or other chores, etc...it must be such a lift when you're on chemo, feeling sick, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter