What's it cost to have the park for yourself?

Isn't the exclusive use only after hours? I doubt they would rent out MK during the day. They make too much money at their flagship park.

Originally posted by floridafam
$15,000 must only be for the park to be open. It must be additional for rides.

The prices I was quoted for just a section of MK by the group events people were pretty close to this.

Even if we had to pay several thousand extra for some rides to be open, it STILL wouldn't be that much per person (considering the experience)! We could set up a vote for what rides everyone who is attending wants to be open...etc. etc....

I attended a convention several years ago (October 1998) and they had a special party for about 300 of us after MK closed. We were limited to the courtyard area between the castle and Cindy's carousel. They had tables set up and we had dinner. Then there was an open bar (yes- alcohol at the MK!!) and a DJ. They also had the carousel running. After desert was served, the characters came out in full force- Mickey, Minnie, Cindy and the prince, Perla, Suzy, Anastasia, Drizella, stepmom, and the horses on stilts. The characters participated in the party. I've got pictures of co-workers dancing with the stepsisters. It was REALLY cool. I have no idea how much it cost, but I'm sure it was a bundle.

Leslie

I'm pretty sure it is 15,000 just for the park and then an additional fee for each attraction.

That figure stuck with me from a Disney mailer I received a few years ago. It also included the price to rent the Duck Pond in Anaheim and DL. Don't remember those, but the $250K I remember.

Originally posted by WDW4us2003
Does anyone know what the estimated cost is to:

1) Rent out Typhoon Lagoon for the afternoon/evening

2)Rent out the Magic Kingdom (or any of the parks) for a few hours after closing??

I know this is all done through corportations, senior night, etc., but does anyone have experience with this?

How could I find out the answer??::MickeyMo :Pinkbounc

Thanks!

According to Comcast, around $66 billion. ;)

Yeah I think that 15K figure is way off. For example to rent out one of the big Six Flags park for a few hours is around $150,000 for the park and most rides/attractions. Plus there are always extra's to be added in. Keep in mind that to have a wedding at the MK after park closing is a minimum of $40K and that only includes the castle area and carousel (along with food and drink). Let me know what you find out though and I'm in!

--Elissa

I went to an after hours party at Typhoon Lagoon back in 1991. They had the wave pool, the storm slides and Humonga Cowabunga open. That's it. No lazy river, family raft rides or kiddie area. Also, the food was catered - no restaurants or gift shops were open.

Luckily the party was in September so it was WARM enough to swim that late at nite. No clue on the cost but it was fun not to have to wait in line for the slides!

MCMom

OK, so that is 5000 of us at $50.00 a head. 5000 in the MK is no lines no waiting. I wonder what corners you could cut- say-no tom sawyer island, no treehouse, close all the restaurants and have one humongous buffet somewehere, no toontown fair, and hey, we could even let them close every shop except main street. They manage to throw very merry x-mas party for less per head. Can't we get them to throw the very merry DISers party?

Great Idea!!! If this is doable,I am certainly interested..Count us in !!!!:cool1:

I agree sounds like a great bargain, sign me up too. Can you imagine how many times you could go on the rides? Wow.....I'm gonna have pixie dust dreams tonight!

I got married in Disney 6 years ago...Back then if you wanted the area around Cinderella's castle it was about $25,000. I know this is a wedding-related price though. Your best bet would be to call the even planning people there! Hope this helps! ::MinnieMo

I'll pay my share!! This is awesome!! DIS night at MK!! I love it!! Where can we sign up?! ::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter