What's your Disney "Thing?"

1, must have Dole Whip
2, must eat multiple mm rice krispies (love these, don't know why :laughing:)
3, must do the cinderella dinner at 1900 park fare
4, must ride the monorail somewhere, even though we are not staying in any of those hotels
5, must take the dtd boat to pofq or por

Oddly, most of mine have to do with food. What's that saying?

1. First meal must be Puck Express in Marketplace

2. Must have at least one "create your own" at Goofy's

3. Must watch Dorma Nesmond flirt with my DH

4. Illuminations on our first night

1) Must go to Magic Kingdom. We sometimes do 1 or 2 day trips, but MK is always on the itinerary.

2) Ride Dumbo with DD.

3) Ride Splash Mtn with DS2.

4) See Mickey's Philharmagic.

5) Stop into the Confectionery on the way out of the park to get a midnight snack. ;)

6) Ride the monorail.

7) Ride Haunted Mansion.

Up early on first day coz we are always wide awake with the jet lag lol and head to Magic Kingdom for it opening, always has to be Magic Kingdom first. The other thing we always have to do is chill out with a few cold beers outside House of Blues in the blistering sun! :-)

Might try to do something different on the first morning this time, yeah right!

mo x

Everyone talks about these dole whips.. I can't wait to try it but I am most looking forward to the grey goose slushy.. I have a 3yr old boy and I am sure I will NEED a few of them lol.. :banana:

I have to have a Dole Whip Float.

Alright, that settles it. Where to I get one of these magical beverages? :laughing:

My husband and I are celebrating our 13 year anniversary, and in those 13 years, the first and only vacation we've had was that 6 days in Disney in October. With 5 kids I homeschool, 2 businesses to run, plus my husband's regular construction job, and my job as a sensei, we work WAY too hard! We've finally learned that taking a vacation is important. :

Happy Anniversary! :cheer2: DH and I celebrated 10yrs in Sept., and this trip is our gift to each other. You are right about the time off. We only have 2 kids, but both work full time, and I'm back in grad school for a career change to teaching. My husband just finished his associates degree as well. Disney is sort of a carrot - or a light at the end of the tunnel after a few years of very hard work!

1, must have Dole Whip
2, must eat multiple mm rice krispies (love these, don't know why :laughing:)
3, must do the cinderella dinner at 1900 park fare
4, must ride the monorail somewhere, even though we are not staying in any of those hotels
5, must take the dtd boat to pofq or por

Oddly, most of mine have to do with food. What's that saying?

We love to ride the monorail. Its part of the reason we always schedule a breakfast at Chef Mickey's so we can have an excuse to ride the monorail to the parks afterwards. Do you know that you can request to ride upfront w/ the driver? I recommend it! Its a new perspective on the ride.

As for the food... popcorn:: Right there with ya!

2. Must have at least one "create your own" at Goofy's

I'm going to have to check out Goofy's this time... I've heard a lot about it.

4) See Mickey's Philharmagic.

DS [(2 1/2) on our last trip] LOVED that show. I really like it too. :3dglasses

Up early on first day coz we are always wide awake with the jet lag lol and head to Magic Kingdom for it opening, always has to be Magic Kingdom first. The other thing we always have to do is chill out with a few cold beers outside House of Blues in the blistering sun! :-)

Might try to do something different on the first morning this time, yeah right!

mo x

I love starting w/ rope drop at MK. We did that for the first time our last trip, and it really made the first day special.

Everyone talks about these dole whips.. I can't wait to try it but I am most looking forward to the grey goose slushy.. I have a 3yr old boy and I am sure I will NEED a few of them lol.. :banana:

You are the 2nd person to mention those slushies... Hmmm... Drinking my way through WS this time? :rolleyes1

1. Stand on Main Street, look at the Castle and take it all in.
  2. Hug my wife and kids (kinda like Clark Griswold in "Christmas Vacation"), because I cannot imagine going there with anyone else.
  3. Toontown (yes, this makes me sad, but I'm going to be able to get closure at the end of the month).
  4. It's A Small World (DS sings this song all year).
  5. The trilogy of Dumbo-Peter Pan-The Carousel.
  6. Buzz Star Command.
  7. Pirates-Jungle Cruise-Dole Whip Float.
  8. Spectromagic Parade (sigh)

ooh, this is difficult to narrow down....

1) I must, must, must ride the ferry to MK. I love coming around the bend and seeing the castle for the first time. No monorails for me.
2) I must test my BF's patience and make him sit through every single show, especially singing at Beauty and the Best and the Little Mermaid at DHS, oohing and ahhing at the movies at WS, and my crying at Finding Nemo.
3) BF must have those Mickey head ice cream bars, every day (sometimes twice) we're in a park.
4) We must ride Its a Small World and I must point out to everyone one in my pontoon the Lone Filipina doll (she doesn't even merit a boyfriend). Solidarity my Asian sister!
5) We must gorge ourselves on food from every country in WS.
6) Get scared at Dinosaur. I have never ridden it without completely covering my eyes and screaming like a madwoman.
7) Do my favorite Xanadu dance in front of the gates at DHS.

We have been to disney several times.. but I had never had the famous Dole Whip! Well this past xmas trip we went to MK and my nephew wanted to do Pirates of the Carribean first. As were passing the bridge I saw the "Dole Whip sign". I promised myself that as soon as it got warmer:laughing:, that morning it was in the low 30's, I would come back. During the parade, I found us all a good spot and ran to get my Dole Whip! Yummy! :)

Our absolute must do is a a pre-park opening Crystal Palace breakfast on our first "full" day.
We usually fly in late in the evening - go to the room and relax.
Next morning, early wake up for breakfast with Pooh and Friends :goodvibes

CP was closed for renovation this past Feb so we weren't able to do it - we did 1900 Park Fare instead and it just wasn't the same - my whole trip felt "off" if that makes any sense? :confused3

Mine is really simple, I have to ride Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Muppet Vision 3-D, and Great Movie Ride at MGM, and have to ride Test Track at EPCOT. Nothing to terribly dramatic, but still fun.

For us it's about the experience more than rides for the most part. So our must dos are:
1. Festival of the Lion King (this show makes me cry the first time I see it every trip and I must watch it at least twice)
2. Wishes (yes, I sing along ;))
3. I must visit each of the Christmas stores in MK and DTD. Love them!
4. Plenty of time to explore the World Showcase
5. Lots of shopping!

Ahh gee, what isn't our thing at Disney? :laughing:

1. We always end our trip at Magic Kingdom so our very last ride can be POTC. My youngest DD and I are big Captain Jack fans so it's the perfect ending to our vacation.

2. Ride IASW and make my oldest DD sit next to DH. He loves the ride, she hates it. He sings the song and she rolls her eyes. :rotfl:

3. Must see Fantasmic no matter what.

4. And the kids must go swimming at least one afternoon. Even when we were there 2 years ago during a cold spell in November, they had to go swimming. After getting out of the pool that year, it was the quickest they ever ran back to the room.

Happy Anniversary! :cheer2: DH and I celebrated 10yrs in Sept., and this trip is our gift to each other. You are right about the time off. We only have 2 kids, but both work full time, and I'm back in grad school for a career change to teaching. My husband just finished his associates degree as well. Disney is sort of a carrot - or a light at the end of the tunnel after a few years of very hard work!

Happy Anniversary back atcha! I get that carrot thing! I just got my mom to agree to the best deal. She's always trying to get me to lose weight by bribing me, so I asked her if I lost 75 pounds, if she would watch the kids while my hubby and I go to Disney alone. She agreed! I think it's gonna be a great carrot for me as I've been sick for several years, and have never been on a honeymoon! So, now begins the hard work! I figure...I needed to lose the weight now that I'm well anyway, so why not get something out of it besides feeling awesome! The next trip we plan after this one will be our honeymoon! :woohoo::love: Good for you! Taking time out is important! I told my mom I still want to be able to talk to my hubby after the kids grow up and move out, so it's important to take the time now!

Oh-and I have to ride Pirates. I loves me some Captain Jack....

2. Ride IASW and make my oldest DD sit next to DH. He loves the ride, she hates it. He sings the song and she rolls her eyes. :rotfl:

that is too funny I still remember sitting in the middle of my parents on the ride and them singing this song to me and i hated it... I will now do this to my kids when we go next month :rotfl2:

that is too funny I still remember sitting in the middle of my parents on the ride and them singing this song to me and i hated it... I will now do this to my kids when we go next month :rotfl2:

:lmao: Oh the rites of passage we inherit from our parents! :lmao: I wonder if my dad enjoyed embarassing me this much - and here I just thought he was clueless and had no idea how embarassing he was! :rotfl2:

Mine is really simple, I have to ride Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Muppet Vision 3-D, and Great Movie Ride at MGM, and have to ride Test Track at EPCOT. Nothing to terribly dramatic, but still fun.
Love those muppets! :3dglasses
For us it's about the experience more than rides for the most part. So our must dos are:
3. I must visit each of the Christmas stores in MK and DTD. Love them!
!
I do like the Christmas stores... I love the holidays!

:thumbsup2:lmao:

I figure...I needed to lose the weight now that I'm well anyway, so why not get something out of it besides feeling awesome! The next trip we plan after this one will be our honeymoon! :woohoo::love: Good for you! Taking time out is important! I told my mom I still want to be able to talk to my hubby after the kids grow up and move out, so it's important to take the time now!
Good luck to you... What a great goal! And a great reward!
And, I don't know if it came out wrong - the trip is our Anniversary present, but we are taking the kids too. DH and I did a trip to Disney pre-kids that was amazing!!! But, I wouldn't miss doing it with them for the world. :love: It will be my little guys first time, and I just can't wait to see the look on his face. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go w/ just DH again, but not quite yet.

Good luck to you... What a great goal! And a great reward!
And, I don't know if it came out wrong - the trip is our Anniversary present, but we are taking the kids too. DH and I did a trip to Disney pre-kids that was amazing!!! But, I wouldn't miss doing it with them for the world. :love: It will be my little guys first time, and I just can't wait to see the look on his face. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go w/ just DH again, but not quite yet.

Oh, no...It came out right! I understood you were taking the kids! I just was trying to let you know I understood the reward/carrot for working hard! This 10 day trip is our anniversary gift to ourselves and the kids too. We just want to go once without the kids, and my mom wouldn't agree to watch them until I came up with this solution. It was my way of making sure that I not only get to take a trip with my hubby solo, but also that I have an incentive to lose weight. My parents couldn't understand why I'd want a trip to Disney without the kids, and I love, love, love taking them, but it's a million dollars! Not really, but it's a lot to take them all every year. We have never done anything alone, so it's time for us.

Where do I start????

1. Must eat at Rainforest Cafe in DTD
2. Must walk around DTD and stop in every store
3. Must ride the monorail and then recite "Please stand clear of the doors" in Spanish. :thumbsup2 My fave!!!
4. Have a Mickey bar
5. Eat a cinnamon bun as big as your head at the Bakery on Main St.
6. Go see Muppets 3D and laugh at the corny jokes while waiting in line. :rotfl2:
7. Drive under the Welcome To Disney World sign
8. Ride the boat at The Land in EPCOT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter