What's your Disney "Thing?"

lighttech

DIS Veteran
This doesn't have to be a great "tip", or a "secret" or a "freebie." Just your own personal "thing." What is that one thing that you HAVE to do or else your Disney trip just isn't complete - a show you have to watch? a food you have to eat? a certain place you need to steal a kiss from your hubbie or wife?

I'd love to know what makes Disney, "pixiedust: Disney pixiedust:" for you!

(Mine are very simple - I MUST ride Dumbo w/ my DSs, and I MUST ride Tower of Terror - with DH if possible, but w/ 2 little ones, it'll probably be a kiddie exchange instead.)

As for rides...We can't wait to go back on Tower of Terror. Even waiting in the line was a great family experience for us. We missed some of the rides in AK, so I didn't feel our trip was complete bc of that. We are absolutely going to spend extra time there in May.

As for meals...We are looking forward to every meal as we look at our TS meals as part of the whole Disney experience. Couldn't imagine going and not going to the various restaurants. The kids can't wait to go back to 50's Prime Time, but are also looking forward to trying new restaurants this time. We are going to the castle! Yay!

I guess what makes Disney "Disney" for me is the overwhelming feeling of joy I have there. I always wanted to go to Disney. It was a dream for me for 33 years. I finally got there in October, and it was the place where magic happens. I truly feel like dreams come true there. We felt a little rushed, though we had 6 days there, as my parents like to run from place to place, but we still had the time of our lives. We are spending 10 days there in May, and taking it slow. We are spending 2 days in every park but AK, and we have 3 days to play with. My cup runneth over when I am at Disney...

I guess what makes Disney "Disney" for me is the overwhelming feeling of joy I have there. I always wanted to go to Disney. It was a dream for me for 33 years. I finally got there in October, and it was the place where magic happens. I truly feel like dreams come true there. We felt a little rushed, though we had 6 days there, as my parents like to run from place to place, but we still had the time of our lives. We are spending 10 days there in May, and taking it slow. We are spending 2 days in every park but AK, and we have 3 days to play with. My cup runneth over when I am at Disney...

Wow 10 days! How wonderful! :banana: We have 5 this time, and I'm excited. :laughing: The last time we went, we squeezed in a trip attached to a business trip of mine and it was only 4 days. This time we upped to 5, and gave ourselves at least a few hours of open time on our arrival and departure days to go visit a diff't resort or DTD.

And, I totally agree on the food! But, then again, I love to eat!

1) HAVE to eat at Tony's in MK

2) MUST see Fantasmic!

3) CANNOT miss Goofy Candy Co in DTD.

:goodvibes Aaah if I could just do those three things it would be a perfect day.

1. We must have Mickey head ice cream bars (even if it is freezing)
2. We must ride Peter Pan
3. DD(4) must ride the Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico....over, and over, and over...
4. Mommy must have a Grey Goose Slushie at the kiosk at France in Epcot.

1. We must have Mickey head ice cream bars (even if it is freezing)
2. We must ride Peter Pan
3. DD(4) must ride the Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico....over, and over, and over...4. Mommy must have a Grey Goose Slushie at the kiosk at France in Epcot.

:lmao::lmao:
Is number 3 the reason for number 4? :rotfl:

1.We have to eat desserts at Boulangerie Patisserie at Epcot

2.The little Mermaid show at DHS and at Philarmagic at MK I always have to sing the "Part of your world" song..... this is expected from my children even when they watch it at home I have to sing it!:lmao:

3.Mickey Premium Bar

4.Egg rolls from either china or ak

5.IASW

1. Must watch fireworks--somewhere at some point
2. Must go downtown the first and last day
3. Must get pictures taking at the castle

I like trying new things but those are certain things that just make the trip super special.
Heading down again in Sept...woo hooo :cool1:

Movie in DTD the first day we check in

DTD for last minute magic before we hit the highway

Stop at South of the Border for a picture with the big gorilla on the way home or down..depends on the time of day we pass it!!

Picture on the speeder bike outside of Star Tours

Great American Movie Ride is a MUST DO !!

:lmao::lmao:
Is number 3 the reason for number 4? :rotfl:

Absolutely!!!:laughing: After riding the boat in Mexico 5 times in a row (which is when we cut her off), Mommy needs a drink!!! (Who am I kidding, I would want that Grey Goose slushie anyway! ;))

1.We have to eat desserts at Boulangerie Patisserie at Epcot

2.The little Mermaid show at DHS and at Philarmagic at MK I always have to sing the "Part of your world" song..... this is expected from my children even when they watch it at home I have to sing it!:lmao:

3.Mickey Premium Bar

4.Egg rolls from either china or ak

5.IASW

Lol on the singing. :rotfl:

What is the "Mickey Premium Bar?"

2 words -DOLE WHIPS!
I've heard so much about these - but never had one. I'll have to try it on the next trip.

1. Must watch fireworks--somewhere at some point
2. Must go downtown the first and last day
3. Must get pictures taking at the castle

I like trying new things but those are certain things that just make the trip super special.
Heading down again in Sept...woo hooo :cool1:
Absolutely on the fireworks! And, that's exactly what I meant... the new stuff is great, but there's always those "must do's."

Movie in DTD the first day we check in

DTD for last minute magic before we hit the highway

Stop at South of the Border for a picture with the big gorilla on the way home or down..depends on the time of day we pass it!!

Picture on the speeder bike outside of Star Tours

Great American Movie Ride is a MUST DO !!

:laughing: DH and I went to South of the Border once. Something you have to see to believe.

Absolutely!!!:laughing: After riding the boat in Mexico 5 times in a row (which is when we cut her off), Mommy needs a drink!!! (Who am I kidding, I would want that Grey Goose slushie anyway! ;))

Hmmmm... Might have to give that slushie a go... Sounds right up my alley! :laughing: And, I'll be going w/ an almost 6yr old, and a 2 1/2 yr old this time. I'm sure we'll have quite a few "Lets do it Again!!!" moments. :goodvibes

Lol on the singing. :rotfl:

What is the "Mickey Premium Bar?"

They are the icecream Mickey heads that you get from the carts. Mickeys ears are chocolate and the rest is vanilla icecream! last year I had a dole whip for the first time and I may have to get one this year as well!

They are the icecream Mickey heads that you get from the carts. Mickeys ears are chocolate and the rest is vanilla icecream! last year I had a dole whip for the first time and I may have to get one this year as well!

Ahhh. I've had those before. But, I am getting "curioser and curioser" about those Dole Whips.

I have to have a Dole Whip Float.

I have to have breakfast, on our last day there, pre-opening ADR at Crystal Palace.

I must leave with a minimum of TWO new Christmas ornaments

Wow 10 days! How wonderful! :banana: We have 5 this time, and I'm excited. :laughing: The last time we went, we squeezed in a trip attached to a business trip of mine and it was only 4 days. This time we upped to 5, and gave ourselves at least a few hours of open time on our arrival and departure days to go visit a diff't resort or DTD.

And, I totally agree on the food! But, then again, I love to eat!

It doesn't matter how many days you have at Disney! Any day at Disney is a good day! However, 10 days it is for us! My husband and I are celebrating our 13 year anniversary, and in those 13 years, the first and only vacation we've had was that 6 days in Disney in October. With 5 kids I homeschool, 2 businesses to run, plus my husband's regular construction job, and my job as a sensei, we work WAY too hard! We've finally learned that taking a vacation is important. We didn't know what we were missing! Oh Disney...I love you sweet Disney... Have fun on your vacation too!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter