What's your Disney "Thing?"

Where do I start????

1. Must eat at Rainforest Cafe in DTD
2. Must walk around DTD and stop in every store
3. Must ride the monorail and then recite "Please stand clear of the doors" in Spanish. :thumbsup2 My fave!!!
4. Have a Mickey bar
5. Eat a cinnamon bun as big as your head at the Bakery on Main St.
6. Go see Muppets 3D and laugh at the corny jokes while waiting in line. :rotfl2:
7. Drive under the Welcome To Disney World sign
8. Ride the boat at The Land in EPCOT

I love the state map in your siggy....where did you get it??????

we're going to disney for the first time in may ...I've been there multiple times but it was a long time ago and it was pre kids so this is going to be a whole new experience to us!!!! thanks for some of the pointers and favorites!!!:thumbsup2

Oh, no...It came out right! I understood you were taking the kids! I just was trying to let you know I understood the reward/carrot for working hard! This 10 day trip is our anniversary gift to ourselves and the kids too. We just want to go once without the kids, and my mom wouldn't agree to watch them until I came up with this solution. It was my way of making sure that I not only get to take a trip with my hubby solo, but also that I have an incentive to lose weight. My parents couldn't understand why I'd want a trip to Disney without the kids, and I love, love, love taking them, but it's a million dollars! Not really, but it's a lot to take them all every year. We have never done anything alone, so it's time for us.

Ok. That's so great that you are able to go w/ the kids so often! And, I totally get wanting to go just you and DH. (And I'm pretty sure it IS a million dollars. :rotfl:) When we started talking about having kids, that was one of my top priorities. lol. I told DH we HAD to go just the 2 of us, because it would be totally diff't w/ kids.

Where do I start????

3. Must ride the monorail and then recite "Please stand clear of the doors" in Spanish. :thumbsup2 My fave!!!

I'm sure the kids love that! :lmao:

we're going to disney for the first time in may ...I've been there multiple times but it was a long time ago and it was pre kids so this is going to be a whole new experience to us!!!! thanks for some of the pointers and favorites!!!:thumbsup2

Glad you are enjoying it! Give me a few minutes to hunt around and I'll pass on 2 other threads that are awesome for fun little Disney nuggets to do or look for when you are down there.

Check these out. If you think this thread has some ideas, you'll go nuts for these other ones! :surfweb:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1712235

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1437421

Have a GREAT trip! :cloud9:

1. Must have pictures taking at Cinderella's Castle.
2. Must get a Christmas ornament.

Ok. That's so great that you are able to go w/ the kids so often! And, I totally get wanting to go just you and DH. (And I'm pretty sure it IS a million dollars. :rotfl:) When we started talking about having kids, that was one of my top priorities. lol. I told DH we HAD to go just the 2 of us, because it would be totally diff't w/ kids.

I already had my son when I got married, and I was pregnant right away, so there was no honeymoon for us. I didn't understand how important it would be to the peace in our family. We didn't realize until we were there and had nowhere we absolutely had to be. Even days off from work and school around here still mean karate classes and such! I don't know that we'll be able to go every year, but we'll do our best. My parents paid for the kids the first time, which is why we can afford this trip. We just paid our way the first time. We had the option to go off on our own, but wanted to experience everything with the kids. Our tax return is already gone for this year. It is set to pay for Disney! Oh well. Totally worth it! I seem to have gone way off topic!

Everyone in the family has a "must ride or we are not leaving Disney" ride, so:

IASW for DS10 (he loves all things retro & kitschy, like his Mom;))
"the Mexican bird ride" at EPCOT for DS6
TOT for DH (he rides this one all alone...poor DH)
and Haunted Mansion & PoTC for me. Yes, I get two. It's my fee for all the planning & organizing. :angel:

Here are my must do's

1) Must stay at the Port Orleans
2) Have to ride Small World once, AND ONLY ONCE!!! (It's an unhealthy compulsion)
3) Have to ride the Maelstrom
4) Have to purchase every post-ride picture that is offered (this 1 I'm really ashamed of)
5) Must eat at Le Cellier
6) Must do the Great Movie Ride
7) Must torture myself by trying "Coke"s from around the world

I do have 1 more, but that can't be satiated until Star Tours is back up and running.

I have to get my picture taken with the snowman at DHS. I am a snowman collector. I also must take a picture of the Partners statue in front of the castle. I also must take as many pictures of the castle as possible.

It is hard to believe that there are people here who have never had a Dole Whip!

I am one of those weird people who have never had a dole whip. My last visit I was there with my sister and we really wanted to try one but couldn't find the booth (I'll admit we didn't spend too much time looking very hard). But I MUST try one next time because I really like pineapple, so I'm guessing I would love it.

Anyway my "disney thing"...it may seem strange but growing up, it was a tradition in my family to hop on the train to Frontierland to ride Splash and Thunder mountain the moment we entered MK. No walking towards the castle for us. To this day it just feels weird not to do that.

1. MUST get a caramel apple (with nuts!) from Main Street in MK (just figured out this last trip they will cut it and put in a box for you too! Pro: easier eating Con: easier to share with others! Ha! Hands off my caramel apple!):cool1:

2. Also...we get an ornament (dated) for each trip to Disney....

3. Try to get over to GF, even if we're not staying there...my DH proposed to me there (13 years ago!), so it's fun to walk past V&A's each trip and reminisce!

Ashley :goodvibes

- Must have at least 2 Dole Floats
- Go shopping at Downtown Disney
- If staying at the Wilderness Lodge we have to walk to Ft. Wilderness at least once for breakfast at Trails End and also stop in to see the horses
-Purchase extra bags of those Mickey pretzels to have when we get home

We must see "Wishes" after the parade. I'm not one prone to showing emotions but what is it about those fireworks, the story, and watching my kids that gets me choked up? There are tons of "musts" but I would never want to miss Wishes :surfweb:

We must see "Wishes" after the parade. I'm not one prone to showing emotions but what is it about those fireworks, the story, and watching my kids that gets me choked up? There are tons of "musts" but I would never want to miss Wishes :surfweb:

That's a regret of mine. The one day we spent at MK on my first trip, my daughter and I were sitting on a bench, and I was falling asleep. We decided to leave and we missed Wishes. One of my other daughters went with her dad, and the pictures were spectacular! Absolutely seeing it this time!

1) Take a picture of the Walt Disney World Resort sign as you enter property.
2) Dole Whips
3) Last day in the parks has to be Magic Kingdom.
4) It's a Small World
5) Earl of Sandwich at least once if not more(yummy tomato soup!)
6) oldest DS has to watch Indiana Jones and youngest has to ride Spaceship earth.
7) Sci Fi
8) DH to ride Test Track
9) Parmesan Crusted Chicken Alfredo at Everything POP.
10) Rockin Rollercoaster

1. Must have pictures taking at Cinderella's Castle.
2. Must get a Christmas ornament.
I would love to get ornaments... but our tree is SO full!

Yes, I get two. It's my fee for all the planning & organizing. :angel:
Seems fair to me! :laughing:

thanks....now my husband is gonna think I'm even more nuts about my research and obsession...lol
Don't worry about it... he'll think your nuts till the day you leave, then he'll be stunned, amazed and impressed by everything you know while you are there! :woohoo:

Here are my must do's

I do have 1 more, but that can't be satiated until Star Tours is back up and running.
I'm bummed about Star Tours. DS5 is just REALLY getting into Star Wars right now, and he would have loved it... Oh well. Just means we have to go back I guess. :rolleyes1

It is hard to believe that there are people here who have never had a Dole Whip!
I didn't know you collected snow men. I have so many snowman winter decorations. I really like them.
And, I'm one of those people! :scared1: Of course, I haven't been to Disney in a few years either...

Anyway my "disney thing"...it may seem strange but growing up, it was a tradition in my family to hop on the train to Frontierland to ride Splash and Thunder mountain the moment we entered MK. No walking towards the castle for us. To this day it just feels weird not to do that.
That's nice. Its funny how those family moments stick with you.

3. Try to get over to GF, even if we're not staying there...my DH proposed to me there (13 years ago!), so it's fun to walk past V&A's each trip and reminisce!

Ashley :goodvibes
:love: That's very sweet!
(And the apple thing cracked me up! :rotfl:)

- Must have at least 2 Dole Floats
- Go shopping at Downtown Disney
- If staying at the Wilderness Lodge we have to walk to Ft. Wilderness at least once for breakfast at Trails End and also stop in to see the horses
-Purchase extra bags of those Mickey pretzels to have when we get home
I would love to stay at Fort Wilderness sometime. It looks like so much fun!

I'm easy... one walk down main street in MK. Everything else is gravy. lol
Ahhh. Simple pleasures! :cloud9:

Watching my son's face at multiple times was my favorite part of our last trip. He was 2 1/2, and I have a shot of him on DHs shoulders watching the Christmas parade that I treasure. (His jaw is about on the ground!)

9) Parmesan Crusted Chicken Alfredo at Everything POP.
We're staying at POP this time for the first time. That sounds yummy!

First day has to be spent at Magic Kingdom. Last month we couldn't and it just wasn't right!

I stand in the middle of Main Street to watch Wishes and always get teary when the music starts.

We have to ride Carousel of Progress

DH's picture on the speeder at HStudios

Buy a Christmas ornament

Eat at Le Celier

DH has to get a turkey leg (at HS)

Last day is Magic Kingdom...last ride usually POTC or Philharmagic

It's funny, there are so many things we "have" to do. I never realized. I won't list them all, but from the moment I ride Magic Express I'm feeling that inner child coming out and the excitement build so that I can't wait to do...EVERYTHING!:dance3: We always take time out to just look around at the faces of the kids, the little princesses and pirates, the beautiful landscaping and attention to detail that is such a Disney hallmark. It's just magic!:wizard:pixiedust:

Thanks for the post!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter