When Will the US Reach 100,000 COVID deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some clips the other night of bikers being enraged over helmet laws. I don't know why people think safety measures infringe on their rights.
Because mild inconvenience feels like persecution to some people that have always been privileged.

It's what is happening now. Of all the screaming about the economy and 'open up now!', I've rarely heard that from people that are actually suffering economically. It's just people that are inconvenienced and would like their lives to go back to normal.

Yeah, we're still not 100% sure. Alot can happen over the next 3 months. We're going thru the motions to prepare and will decide closer to Sept. depending on where everything stands and what options are available.

I found my freshman to be the toughest to adapt to university life. I wouldn’t want to do that during a pandemic. It was stressful enough.

Wow, that's interesting. I read that the California Public College System (500,000 students) cancelled face to face classes for the fall semester, was wondering what the CA University (300,000 students) might do. I don't believe that USC is part of the CA University system, but that might be a model we see around the country. Makes a lot of sense to cancel fall break and then end the in person classes after Thanksgiving. I'm sure they're concerned of the kids going home, picking up the virus and bring it back to campus. But we'll have college kids returning back to their hometowns and they might be seeding the virus throughout the country.

This is also going to be a huge problem for Disney and the Orlando Metro area. As people do return to Disney World in limited numberers, cast members will inevitably be infected, and lead to a spike in community spread there.

I'm still trying to find where in the Constitution it says the government can't tell me to wear a mask. Is not wearing a mask considered speech? Is that the argument? Because, guess what: courts have repeated ruled that seatbelt laws are constitutional. Although at this point, the Supreme Court never ruled on seatbelt laws.

https://www.williamlongwhitesell.com/blog/2018/03/are-seat-belt-laws-constitutional.shtml
Government might not be able to but private businesses sure can. Even if seat belts weren’t the law, pretty sure insurance would make it their “law” and not pay out if you were found not wearing one in an accident.

Wow, that's interesting. I read that the California Public College System (500,000 students) cancelled face to face classes for the fall semester, was wondering what the CA University (300,000 students) might do. I don't believe that USC is part of the CA University system, but that might be a model we see around the country. Makes a lot of sense to cancel fall break and then end the in person classes after Thanksgiving. I'm sure they're concerned of the kids going home, picking up the virus and bring it back to campus. But we'll have college kids returning back to their hometowns and they might be seeding the virus throughout the country.

This is also going to be a huge problem for Disney and the Orlando Metro area. As people do return to Disney World in limited numberers, cast members will inevitably be infected, and lead to a spike in community spread there.
Europa Park the 2nd largest theme park im Europe opens ina few days minus theatres and water park.

Maybe instead of thinking whether they can, people should be thinking about whether they should.
A comment posted elsewhere that stands out in my mind (paraphrased):
"I'm a vet. Suggest I wear a mask once or twice, fine. Tell me to wear a mask and now I will not. I didn't fight for this constitution to see it abused like that..."

Followed with some stumbling around about separation of state, which really made no sense with how it was laid out.

I'm not even sure it was actually written from within the US border but plenty of thumbs up, likely some from within the US.

A comment posted elsewhere that stands out in my mind (paraphrased):
"I'm a vet. Suggest I wear a mask once or twice, fine. Tell me to wear a mask and now I will not. I didn't fight for this constitution to see it abused like that..."

Followed with some stumbling around about separation of state, which really made no sense with how it was laid out.

I'm not even sure it was actually written from within the US border but plenty of thumbs up, likely some from within the US.

This attitude is why we’re doomed. We’ll soon start pacing at 100k deaths a month.

Europa Park the 2nd largest theme park im Europe opens ina few days minus theatres and water park.
Oh Gott and with most classsrs still in “homeschooling”. If we were closer I’d be tempted to go next Tuesday hoping it’s half empty.

This attitude is why we’re doomed. We’ll soon start pacing at 100k deaths a month.

Ugh, I hope not.

Logical, rational or not, somewhere inside I still harbor the wish that this monster is going to go away and disappear from wherever it came from, never to be heard from again.

Ugh, I hope not.

Logical, rational or not, somewhere inside I still harbor the wish that this monster is going to go away and disappear from wherever it came from, never to be heard from again.

I don’t think viruses just disappear.

Ugh, I hope not.

I texted my mom this same thought this morning!

Although I don't believe it was a true prediction, I keep Sylvia Browne in the back of my head and her "prediction" that it would disappear as quickly as it came. Wishful thinking of course, but I can hope.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sylvia-browne-coronavirus/

Funny you posted this today - I said the EXACT same thing to my husband last night. Not logical or rational at all, but a place a go when I think about the entire situation. Sigh...

I think it's normal to feel this way in the face of so much awful, so much uncertainty, so much unknown. Just want to pull the covers over my head and wake up to the world without this. I don't believe it works that way, I just can't quite kill the spark of hope or it makes it too hard to cope.

I don't believe it works that way, I just can't quite kill the spark of hope or it makes it too hard to cope.

I'm starting to have a better outlook with each new encouraging thing we learn. Maybe just maybe things turn out better than the worst we feared. Of course that likeliness increases with more participation. Hope feels more alive than it did on April 1st.

DS17 starts college next year. At this point there's still much uncertainty and we're all playing it by ear for now. They're planning for classes to be held but still not confirming if they'll do so. Something like that worked in could help.

DS22 is headed to grad school in the fall...he's still waiting to see if it will be in person or online, but in the meantime needs to proceed with finding an apartment, etc. It's kinda stressful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter