Where are the villas for Aulani?

Mackysmycat

DisneyDreamer
I'm looking at a picture of the layout of Aulani and wondering where the villas are at? I see blocks 1-13, 20-29, 30-47, 50-59, 60-69, 70-89. I'm wondering what building we will be in and where we are facing. Going for first time in November and so overwhelmed. It's all new to me!! Also, where's a good place to start at learning more about this resort. I know I'll probably have to read 25 pages of stuff, if not more, but if someone could steer me in the right direction that would be wonderful. Thanks :)

I took a look at the list of room numbers and 1 bedroom pool side view rooms, and only see 7. Does that sound right?

I took a look at the list of room numbers and 1 bedroom pool side view rooms, and only see 7. Does that sound right?

There are 31 Pool View one-bedroom villas at Aulani. The seven villas that are listed in Post #1 of the Aulani Villas and Views thread are merely the villas for which people have contributed photos of their villas' views to the thread.

Yeah oops - I just realized that as I printed off the charts just above lol. I know have 4 pages printed off with Phases 1 through 3. But how do I know which rooms are the best - that's what I'm trying to figure out. I was able to do that easily with the VGC. This seems way more complicated!

Yeah oops - I just realized that as I printed off the charts just above lol. I know have 4 pages printed off with Phases 1 through 3. But how do I know which rooms are the best - that's what I'm trying to figure out. I was able to do that easily with the VGC. This seems way more complicated!

VGC has only 48 vacation homes but Aulani has 459 vacation homes. So its not surprising that its a wee bit harder to get a feel for Aulani if you have yet to see it in person.

Its difficult to say which villas are the best because that is so very subjective. Am I right in assuming you are booking a Pool View one-bedroom? If so, please know that all Pool View villas face Aulani's Waikolohe Valley, which is the name for Aulani's main pool and lazy river.

Pool view villas are on floors 1 to 5. Some people request a high floor in hopes that they'll be able to catch a glimpse of the ocean. Some people prefer the first floor because the villas have patios rather than balconies which allows them to step directly out to the Waikolohe Valley from their villas. Conversely, some people don't want the 1st floor because they want to have balcony.

The pool view villas are in the Waianae Building, the Ewa Building Phase 1 (closest to lobby), and the Ewa Building Long Wing. In my opinion, Aulani is very well laid out and its easy to get about the resort; thus, it doesn't really matter where your villa is located.

So far the Aulani Villas and Views thread has photos for only seven pool view one-bedroom villas. However, each one-bedroom villa has a studio attached to it, so you should look at the pool view studio photos as well to get a feel for what the view is like from that general area.

We were in villa #304, a pool view studio located in the Waianae Building. We were near the Menehume wayer play area and we could see the main pool and the Rainbow Reef from our balcony. Here are a couple of photos of the view from our villa.

Looking across the Waikolohe Valley toward the Ewa Building. The Ewa Building Phase 1 is to the far left and the Ewa Building Long Wing is directly in center:

file-34.jpg

Looking to the right from our balcony. The main pool is in the background and the Rainbow Reef snorkle area is nearer the camera:

file-35.jpg

Hope this info helps.

Thanks very much for this info. Yes we are in a one bedroom pool view. I have been reading and reading and am on page 13 of the Aulani Villas & Views page and I'm still so overwhelmed and have no idea what would be a good area/building/floor to request. :( (Knowing full well it's just a request.)

Since you have a pool view, I'd recommend that you request a high floor to get more view of the pool area versus landscaping.

I got this reply via email, but not sure where the post went:
Since we don't know what you want in a room, I don't see how anyone could recommend something. So what type of room do you have? And what do you want that view to provide you?
How do I know what I want in the room? Not sure what you mean. I want a 1 bedroom pool side room. That's what I asked for, and that's all I know. What do I want it to provide? The best pool (dare I say a piece of ocean view too if I'm lucky?) that I can get. And if someone has stayed in that type of room before, I would love to know the room number. That's what I am asking.

I originally posted what you quoted, but changed in with seconds after rereading your posts.

Part of the problem is that we don't know what is important to you. Keep in mind what someone loves others might think it's unimportant. That is why it was recommended you read the Aulani Villas and Views thread.

Pool views are actually called Pool and Garden Views, because some of the rooms see more landscaping/foliage than pool. If if they are still less than 10 fee from water. All of the pool and garden views will face the center section of resort--the Waikohole Valley. The reason I recommend asking for a higher floor is to get a better view of the water areas of the pool or the lazy river.

I think the real advantage of this view is being connected to what is going on at the resort. Being a short walk from everything. Hearing the sounds and music of the valley. And a great way to relax and people watch. When we stayed there we slept with our door open at night (love those screen doors) and we could hear the morning welcoming chant of the sun when it crested the top of the building around 7:00 AM and the evening one for sunset. And in the evenings we would listen to the live music from the Oleo room. It really made us feel like we were in Hawaii.

I originally posted what you quoted, but changed in with seconds after rereading your posts.

Part of the problem is that we don't know what is important to you. Keep in mind what someone loves others might think it's unimportant. That is why it was recommended you read the Aulani Villas and Views thread.

Pool views are actually called Pool and Garden Views, because some of the rooms see more landscaping/foliage than pool. If if they are still less than 10 fee from water. All of the pool and garden views will face the center section of resort--the Waikohole Valley. The reason I recommend asking for a higher floor is to get a better view of the water areas of the pool or the lazy river.

I think the real advantage of this view is being connected to what is going on at the resort. Being a short walk from everything. Hearing the sounds and music of the valley. And a great way to relax and people watch. When we stayed there we slept with our door open at night (love those screen doors) and we could hear the morning welcoming chant of the sun when it crested the top of the building around 7:00 AM and the evening one for sunset. And in the evenings we would listen to the live music from the Oleo room. It really made us feel like we were in Hawaii.
Thanks for your description. We're looking forward to our one bedroom pool view this Friday! I looked at the villas and views thread to see what we might enjoy before deciding, and asked for 3rd or 4th floor. Your post helps me feel more confident about the request. Hope we get it!

As far as what I want - basically I want a good view of the pools (which is why I booked that type of room). More than that, it's hard to say, as I've never been there. I am just looking for the best pool view that I can get in a one bedroom, and if it has a bonus corner of the ocean peeking through? EVEN better. Those are the room numbers I'm wondering if people know about. So far all I can think of saying if I'd call for a request, is a higher room. And yes, I am on page 17 of the 46 pages of that thread. I might finish it before we leave for Hawaii in November. :)

That all sounds WONERFUL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter