Where are you stationed?

Hey I met my husband there. I lived in New Bern when my dad was stationed at Cherry point 6 years ago. We lived on Birdie RD on the bace

We are stationed at Marine Corps Air Base
Cherry Point in Havelock, NC.

aw, goodfellow! i really enjoyed san angelo during our two stints there. we were only there for a year total, 6 months back in '04 & another 6 months just ending this past march but i really did enjoy it. i love the small town atmosphere & all the friendly people. sure it is in the "middle of nowhere" but you pretty much have all you need there.

----

we are currently stationed at patrick afb located just south of cocoa beach, fl. it's great living 45 minutes away from disney world!

Now I am jealous. I would love to be so close to WDW. We had orders for GA, but they were cancelled. Gotta ask, do you miss our Tex-Mex? I was away 7 years and now that I am back I eat enchiladas all the time, because once I leave, who knows when I will get to eat them again.

I don't remember really. All I know is u drive through nice brick housing and then u hit where I lived my hubby called it the ghetto of the base lol

Ha Ha that's where I live know!!! We would have taken the single family brick homes, but we wanted a garage. So know we are in the "ghetto" townhouses :)

I'm stationed at NATO HQ. So DD and I are enjoying Brussels, Belgium. We were able to go on the Disney Magic Med cruise last June, and are hoping they come back to Europe in 2009!

Ha Ha that's where I live know!!! We would have taken the single family brick homes, but we wanted a garage. So know we are in the "ghetto" townhouses :)

thats 2 funny. LOL Don't they love to take care of the military families LOL

Howdy neighbor. How do you like Abilene?

We love Abilene! It has a small town feel, but still has just about one of every kind of store/restaurant you would want. Not tons of selection, but enough. We moved here 2 years ago from Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, TX, and it was a HUGE move up! We're happy to be in Texas (we're big no income tax fans)! Do you enjoy San Angelo? My sister-in-law was stationed there last year for language school and liked it okay. We visited once and it seemed pretty nice. Have a great weekend!

We love Abilene! It has a small town feel, but still has just about one of every kind of store/restaurant you would want. Not tons of selection, but enough. We moved here 2 years ago from Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, TX, and it was a HUGE move up! We're happy to be in Texas (we're big no income tax fans)! Do you enjoy San Angelo? My sister-in-law was stationed there last year for language school and liked it okay. We visited once and it seemed pretty nice. Have a great weekend!

San Angelo is my home town. It's nice. It was hard getting use to after the DC area. So much to do there, but like Abilene, almost has everything you need just on a smaller scale. Funny, I lived in Del Rio for two years when I was young. Didn't care for it much and haven't been back since I was 13.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Now I am jealous. I would love to be so close to WDW. We had orders for GA, but they were cancelled. Gotta ask, do you miss our Tex-Mex? I was away 7 years and now that I am back I eat enchiladas all the time, because once I leave, who knows when I will get to eat them again.

very much so! i haven't had ANY good mexican since i left. there is a fab burrito joint down the road, but it sure isn't real mexican food. i'll be dreaming of enchiladas & quesadillas tonight! ;)

We're at Homestead Air Reserve Base, FL. Still a drive to Mickey, but closer than we'll ever be! The weather ROCKS! :) MadameLeota, K-town is AWESOME! We were stationed 20 minutes from there, but did our commissary/PX/holiday shopping there. Enjoy all the touring you can do!

We're at Camp Pendleton in CA and we LOVE it. Spent time at Quantico and Lejeune as well, and much prefer CA.

We are at USCG Hitron in Jacksonville Fl. Love being so close to WDW. Only bad thing is we transfer next summer. We love and hate it here.

We are in Belgium as well.:yay:
Haven't been here long enough to have much of an opinion yet, but we like it so far.

San Diego, CA - An Army family in a Navy & Marine city.

Have enjoyed CA and being close to our vacation home, Disneyland. We have been Annual Pass Holders since we arrived here in 2005.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter