Where did you put the...... garneska can't find anything for the next 3 months

Last night we took our pre cruise proctored covid test. We were both negative. That means we will be heading out at lunch time to head to orlando first. Then finish the drive to miami on Saturday. We may go to disney springs tonight. It really depends on when we get out of here. We are officially working half a day today. We also have some pretty crappy rainy weather at the moment. Hoping it clears a little before we actually head out.

FYI my armpit is still swollen but i have been boosted so i am good for the cruise.

We did not make it to Disney Springs but we did drive through Disney. We stayed at a run down Hampton Inn off Osceola parkway. Stopped at Publix first to pick up sandwiches. Got to the hotel about 8:15.

First damn I am too old to sit in the car for 7 hours, not sure how I will survive the drive back from Miami. Plan is to do that in one day.

Get to our room on third floor. Key does not work. I stay with luggage and Bert goes down. If thing we do is check for bed bugs. We had an infestation in our house. It was horrible. Bert is like come take a look. Not sure if they were dead or alive but bug and bug debris. I went down and said we need a new room. Thankfully they did not give me any problems and moved us to first floor. Glad we could stop using the one slow elevator. Checked that room was free of bugs. Mattress was horrible but it’s one night.

Omg we both slept awful. My back is killing me so I am super thrilled to be back in the car. We were both up at 4:45.

Had breakfast.

B0B73D37-622A-4FAF-AD7F-A7A3155628D8.jpeg

Left at 7:15. In the car now heading to Miami. Looking forward to lunch and then a nap. I am so tired.

Yes we have been having fun. We were some of the first people on the ship. We had a big on board credit so the first day we booked a spa package. On Saturday after lunch, we both had a long massage. It was great. Then dinner and bed. We slept terrible in the hotel so we were exhausted saturday night. the bed on board was amazing we both slept good.

sunday was a port day at Nassau. we did not intend to get off the boat. I did but stayed on the pier to run instead of the treadmill. I had to dodge people but it was better than treadmill. I might try the same in Cozumel. Depends on how many other ships in port. After my run we had lunch and then I had a manicure and pedicure. Left Bert to his own devices, which meant a nap. When I was done Bert had a shave At the spa. While he did that I sat up on deck with a pool drink. I managed a 10 minute nap. Dinner on Sunday was at the Italian specialty restaurant. Then off to bed again.

that brings you all up to speed, it’s Monday morning and I was up at 6 am. at 6:30 the coffee shop opened. I was kind enough to get two coffees to go and Bert and I are enjoying coffee on our huge and fabulous balcony. It’s a sea day so I will hit the gym before lunch and probably spend most of my time on the balcony.

going to post a few pics.

65855516-94EA-4055-B1D3-1199C8482015.jpeg

2B0DCBDC-05E2-448C-BFE8-2A52503CCCC4.jpeg

E2101288-5E0B-4188-8B94-3BCE54A96983.jpeg

73C6F8FC-47C1-4C18-8E54-F963038E5320.jpeg

CA23BC14-2C4A-45D7-85D3-76586488241A.jpeg

Convince Bert to get matching toenails and have some memorable kickin it pictures??

That room looks amazing, I have not been on a cruise since 2004. Not sure about Melissa, that would be going in style.

Last night of the cruise. Lots to update on Tuesday night the chef made us a special Indian meal not on the menu. Was awesome. Have had a terrific cruise. Currently drinking wine and listening to a music duo, violin and guitar. Tomorrow is the long *** drive home. Will post from the car.

So sea day number 1 was Monday. I covered that. We did not do much hit the gym. At dinner we were talking with the restaurant staff, they were from India. Said we loved Indian food. They promised us a special meal for Tuesday. All around the food was very good. Plus I picked up coffee every morning to drink on the balcony.

Tuesday was a port day. I ran 8 miles on the pier. It was a shorter loop than in Nassau, only .5 miles per loop but the pier was wider so it was easier to dodge people. We also had another massage today. Before dinner was a drink at the martini bar. Then off to special dinner.

We had samosas and a chicken thing for apps and dinner was chicken korma and a vegetarian thing. All of it was delicious.

F2757746-9A4F-40E5-A7DA-ABB14E259B1D.jpeg

3E762DF1-AC1B-43BB-96B9-C712FD401B28.jpeg

Dessert was keer. It was excellent. My pic sucks though.

5A2AFEDC-1B80-4342-97D1-ACD2A914665C.jpeg

We did enjoy a music group each night after dinner at the wine bar.

Wednesday was sea day number 2. We did nothing. We did walk the track and that was challenging. We had some wind. Probably 30 mph gusts. Weather was not great but I was on a cruise.

It’s Thursday and almost 2 hours into the drive. Ugh will survive but Miami traffic was yuck. Fun part is we should hit Atlanta for rush hour as well. Plus I will have to drive today.

It was a great relaxing trip. We loved our room. Glad we could make this happen. Yay my last long run will be Sunday to get ready for the marathon. And yes the knee is a disaster

We made it home. The last two hours were a struggle. We hit the south end at 5:15. We knew this could happen and it could be bad. It was. I mean there is a good reason we live in the city. I could not do that on a daily basis. Took just under 11 hours. We are unpacked and one load of laundry done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter