Where did you put the...... garneska can't find anything for the next 3 months

Glad you made it back home. One week to go...

Is the Buc-ee's north of ATL as crowded as the one near Gulf Shores? (basically no place to park, wall to wall people) I'll need to stop for fuel somewhere in GA. I was mapping out around Macon or a little south, but I can probably stop short if Buc-ee's has better fuel prices and I can get in and out.

j

@Teamubr since we have stopped now at both the Buccees north of atlanta and the one near Macon, Bert said the gas pump layout is better near Macon if you have an RV. Now I did stop today at 5 pm so Bucee‘s was crowded but again Bert the driver thought Macon for RV fill up.

The Buc-ee's near Warner Robins is perfect. Diesel is $2.99 according to GasBuddy. The TA and AmBest near there are $3.21 and $3.27 WITH the TCS discount. TSD isn't any better at Loves.

j

the balcony shade and valance were to be installed today, the time we first scheduled was 12 to 2. They do two hour increments. They had an 8 to 10 but my condo building will not allow contractors before 9 am. over the holidays when we were driving back from ohio the place changed the time to 8 to 10. They said to call if it was an issue but I got the message late. So I have no idea if they did show up at 8 and the building did not let him up or whatever but I had no installation today. This shade has been the biggest PITA. Now I have to call tomorrow and reschedule. I figure it will be after we get back before they can install it.

it was cold so I ran on the treadmill today. i have laid out stuff but not packed yet. So far temps are still ok for the marathon. The knee not so much but hanging on now.

So for us lazy readers of this thread, Kris, are both you and The-Bert-Man running the Whole Marathon on Sunday? Nobody doing the Half on Saturday?

I just want to know when I should be pulling for you both in a few days. :cheer2:

Ed

PS - hate the more recent 5am start times for those races. And you have to walk to the start corrals on Epcot Parkway from the Epcot parking lot so you need to be at the lot by what, 330am? I never got any good sleep the night before a race no matter how early I turned in. Good luck to you both!

Last edited:
@bama_ed I am running the 10k on Friday, Bert is running (or someway moving forward) the Haof on Saturday, and finally I am running the full on Sunday. Yes all start times at 5 am and yes in the parking lot by 3:30 am. Plus with the course this year you have to get there early because we are running on the road to get you into Epcot. yeah am not expecting much sleep any of the nights. the weather looks good in general, will be a tad warm at the end of the marathon. I am figuring to be done between 10 and 10:30, so Sun will just be getting miserable then.

The balcony shade was installed yesterday. While the valence was difficult to bring up the one valence looks awesome. We do have an issue with the shade but they will send a replacement. It is rolled wrong. However in the sunny day today it was wonderful. Will post pics next.

In the daytime

454DF90B-D24D-466D-9C0B-C926E00B11AE.jpeg

At night

A539B5DE-520A-4F1E-9A17-57E36D8B0FEE.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter