Where did you put the...... garneska can't find anything for the next 3 months

Who is the black dog on the right side of the wall, Kris? I don't know that face. :confused3

Of course I know Yeti and Mallory.

Ed

PS - I might have missed a memo .... or a team meeting .....

The black dog is Bear. He was my first dog. He got me to be a dog person. Previous to him I had cats. Those cats got Bert kicked out of the Air Force. Bear we got in Feb 2001. I loved him he made me a dog person. We got Mallory at the end of January 2008. Bear died in March 2008. He was my first true love. Mallory was my soul mate.

Ok, so a bit of story time.

So, I've always had allergies, especially to cats. Nothing was ever diagnosed as asthma, but I tried to limit my exposure to them because of the effects. Those effects weren't a runny nose or watery eyes, they were difficulty breathing. Well, Kris and I start dating and she has two cats. Well, after prolonged exposure my breathing isn't going as well as it should. This has me fail a flight physical and sends me to Keesler AFB in Mississippi to undergo 2-3 days of breathing tests. Needless to say, I failed. Was finally diagnosed with a form of allergic asthma, which disqualifies you from military service, especially flying. So now I'm technically a "Disabled American Serviceman" per the VA, since this was diagnosed while in the military. Now, the VA also lists me as 0% disabled, so that's entertaining. Completely eliminated from all future military service, they couldn't have drafted me if they wanted to after that. Luckily, with some of the good allergy medication (allegra) and getting older, this is less and less of a factor for me.

Fun story, while getting drummed out of the service, I had to go to Lackland AFB, TX to meet with a medical review board. Lackland is the basic training base for the Air Force. Well, dumb 2LT me, decided it was a nice day (November in TX) and I would walk across base (at 5am) from the Visiting Officers Quarters to the medical office buildings. Almost immediately a couple of recruits see me, hop to attention, salute, and nearly scream "Good Morning Sir!" Scares the crap out of me. Now rinse and repeat 10x for the next 3/4 mile walk. Needless to say, I took the base bus back to my quarters.

Wow, way better story then i was thinking. And ill agree the new allergy stuff is really good. Never knew that was a reason for discharge. I learn something new every day. Im sure it was a kick in the pants at the time.

There was always a joke if I would cancel the wedding and keep the cats. I was very grateful for a friend who said they would take the cats. If I had to drop them at a shelter, I probably would have cancelled the wedding 😂

It’s Sunday, three weeks before the marathon. It is crunch day. My last long run. Obviously training is nit going as planned but got 2.5 hours of running in. I should complete the marathon but will definitely be a lot slower than normal. I am anticipating finish in 5 hours. i Did find another disser that I will run with. She is injured too and generally we run about the same.

And 3 weeks before we arrive and get to see some of our favorite DISers.

j
Are you guys still planning MK on Sunday? When does Ian get in? i got our tickets for Monday and my Epcot park ressie. we are not planning a park day on Sunday at this point. If we do join you I will decide after I finish the marathon. Am thinking I won’t even be ready to do anything till noon.

It’s Sunday, three weeks before the marathon. It is crunch day. My last long run.

Ah, the last long training run. Then the taper down to race day while you rest and re-charge. I remember those days. 🏃‍♂️

And I admire your dedication, Kris. I hope your remaining short runs and recovery periods are beneficial. 🏃‍♀️

DD23 came to me about a month ago (she's the ex-college program CM and a bigger WDW nerd than I am) and asked if I could line up to run the Disney Marathon 5k and/or 10k with her some year because she wanted to but hasn't done even a 5k ever. As I told @tiggerdad one time, when your daughter asks to do something with you/daddy, you try to make it happen. The 2023 January Marathon dates are possibly beneficial to her work schedule so I booked a FW reservation for a quick trip down that time of year. Next would be the on-line fist fight to register for those events the minute they open up next year. We shall see.

Bama Ed

@bama_ed i saw about your post and mentioned to Bert. For DD those dates are great. For me I dislike when the weekend bumps up so close to the new year. I get kind of busy at work then. I am sure we will do marathon weekend but are figuring it will be a resort stay instead of the fort. We like to come out that week before to the fort and that is Jan 1 and it is difficult for us. Plus i am expecting next year may just be the half for me. Need to get through 2022 before i make that call.

Are you guys still planning MK on Sunday? When does Ian get in?
We do have an MK park reservation for Sunday. Figured we would go over and check out the new night time show. Ian's flight gets in around 1130 I think, so he should be at the Fort by 1pm. Sunday is kind of open. Donna is going to work about half the days we are down. We'll see what weather is like on Sunday and decide what time we head over to MK. It may not be until later in the afternoon.

j

We got the new shade and valance for the balcony. It was a bit of an issue getting the one piece valance up to the condo. Let’s just say thank god it was light as we fished between the stairwell and took it up 18 flights of stairs. Getting it out of the condo we will use a saw to cut it in half. It will be installed on Jan 3.

and the tv is back on the fritz. Looks like we will be getting a new tv 🤦🏻‍♀️

we are being affected by the Delta cancellations. Booked a flight on Dec 25 at 12:15pm to Cleveland. That got canceled and we were put on the next flight at 5:45 pm. Annoyed but not a huge deal. Still get to Herb’s about 9:30 pm. Well just got another email and 5:45 flight was canceled. We are on the 9:30 pm flight. if that flight does not get canceled then won’t get to Herb’s till 1 am. Right now I am not convinced that flight will go. Hopefully we can get out on Dec 26.

All i can say is wow. On Christmas Day we made the best time ever going up to Ohio. Today on Dec 30 it was some of the worst time. It was either the worst or at least second worst. It took 11 hours and 33 minutes. OMG my back is saying very bad words to me. We did top at Bucees again. this is the one north of atlanta. I have to admit the bathrooms are wonderful, especially compared to the terrible one we stopped at south of Lexington. I did purchase some Beaver nuggets and some fudge. That drive sucked. The one good thing is i had all the clothes washed on Wed before we left so i was not coming home trying to wash clothes. We walked to get dinner to go. Then i had a bit of work to do. Now wine.

Tomorrow i have an easy 5 miles to recover from 11.5 hours in the car. I also have a therapy appointment. The plan was not to drive, so she has no clue i spent all day in the car today. Tomorrow will be a fun appointment. And TV still on the fritz so i definitely think we need a new one. I keep hoping it miraculously will fix itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter