Where to buy womens clothing, preferably online?

Another vote for Thredup. Their prices can be a bit odd, lately they have been running high so definitely do your research first. What I like is they make it easy to return and I can find loads of brands there and aren't limited to that seasons collection. For ex. there have been times where I wanted a specific color or style item but the stores I went to it just wasn't in their color palette that season. I also tend to buy tops from one brand and bottoms from another brand so they really help with that. For ex. I need comfy "mom" skirts I can chase a baby in so I like Old Navy pencil skirts but like more formal tops from Talbots. It saves me from having to schlep around a mall hunting for items in different stores.Their return policy does state you pay return shipping or take an online credit, so just keep that in mind when ordering.

I just took a step out of the workplace to be a SAHM. When I was working I liked Banana Republic, Ann Taylor/Loft, occasionally would find things at H&M, some lord & taylor or Nordstrom items, and Uniqlo was good for some staples like tees and blazers. Believe it or not Target has some nice business type clothes from certain lines that are nice becuase they are at least machine washable. I have a really hard time with TJMaxx and Marshalls. Other than a few dresses or shoes I never really found work clothes I liked there.

I am a person that has to try on... When I was working outside the home, I would dedicate a day to shopping but I would go it alone... I found that I have better luck finding what fits and looks good on me, than when shopping with my girl friends, these trip are for fun and social time... My DH does go with me, and he is a good for being honest on if something look good or not...I make a list of like basic's that I might need... then just build from that...also knowing your brands and how things fit... Like for instance I am a Levi jeans girl, while pretty old school, they fit me, plus I can get the length that I need.... I can not wear Lee not enough room in the seat, and sits to high on the waist... Once you know the cut of a maker, it makes it easier to shop on line successfully...

Hit up the outlet malls, I have gotten some great deals at Marshalls, Ross, and TJ Maxx...

I like Kohls because of the large variety plus their coupons and ease of returns to my local store.

I buy my work attire at Banana Republic Factory Store and The Limited. I will also throw out Stitch Fix. It's not cheap, but super convenient. Thred Up is another great online option and budget friendly, but I recommend sticking with Very Good condition or New.

I have had the best success buying professional work attire at Christopher and Banks as well as Dress Barn. I used to shop at Kohls, but their clothing is too casual.

Talbots, Christopher & Banks, Kohl's, Belks. I work in a fairly casual office, I just wear slacks and a polo shirt most days.

For me, Dress Barn is the go to for dresses and professional outfits. I hit Torrid for sweaters/jackets/flat boots, Old Navy for basics, and Macys if something catches my eye. I'm just above the misses/plus line and find that Kohls and JCP scream old lady clothes once into plus sizes.

I am the same age, and also like a lot of the store you and others have mentioned. I used to be a J.Crew, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Victorias Secret, Macys Brands, Anthropologie etc. Now I primarily shop at Loft, Boden and sometimes at Nordstroms. I fill in with Kohls- though I find their cloths are lower quality so they don't last. If you haven't tried Boden, they are online, I love them.

I second the vote for Boden. Half my wardrobe is from there and they frequently run free shipping/free returns.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I don’t have much free time anymore! Thanks so much for all the suggestions. There are a few sites I’ve never heard of, and a few I had not thought of, so I’ll be checking them out. I used to buy all of my pants from the limited, but I thought the entire company shut down?

For those who shop at Amazon, do you just search “women’s clothing” or for specific items? I know someone who has had really cute outfits from there, but I had no idea how to even go about sifting through all of their items!

Thanks again!

For those who shop at Amazon, do you just search “women’s clothing” or for specific items? I know someone who has had really cute outfits from there, but I had no idea how to even go about sifting through all of their items!

Thanks again!

I've done it a couple of different ways. If I do not have a specific style in mind, I'll just go to the Women's Clothing Department on Amazon and look through the specific category of what type of clothing I'm looking for. If I do have something specific in mind, for example I currently need a solid white blouse for a choral event coming up, I'll search for that specifically. The options are always good and the filters on the left hand side of the screen are always helpful.

I have found some nice items in the Prime Wardrobe, which is the Amazon version of stitchfix, you pick the items you want, get to try them on and only pay for what you keep. They include a prepaid return label and bag for ease of returns.

Probably 75% of my wardrobe is from White House Black Market. I don't love everything they have, but I love enough of it for it to be my go to place. I also shop some at the LOFT and Banana Republic.

Like a previous poster, I am a guru at coupons and deals at WHBM so I find their close to be top quality for a reasonable price. LOFT quality has really gone downhill over the past several years.

I shop both the store and online depending on the deal, availability of sizes etc. I am a frequent enough customer that I have been offered a part time job at two of my local stores. But, my full time job is really equivalent to 1.5 jobs, so it just does not make sense.

I normally go to Dress Barn. They pretty much always have coupons plus you can normally find pretty highly discounted gift cards online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter