Which car rental?

That's interesting shazy03 and the next time I book with Virgin I'll be sure to check them out for a comparison :thumbsup2 .

I'm collecting Virgin miles because I want to fly with them to Las Vegas next year, but haven't actually booked a flight with them for years (despite having flown with them twice in the last couple of years due to circumstances beyond my control).

Last month I had a fly-drive package with BA (to get the World Traveller Plus seats at a good price) and only paid for the cheapest economy car for the 2 of us, whilst what I really wanted was a minivan.

Long story cut short, I got the upgrade price down from the $49 per day they wanted, to the $10 a day I was prepared to pay - result! This was with Alamo. Got the holiday off to a good start ;)

We drove from LA to Vegas which was great fun, stayed in the luxor, amazing place. Recommend the helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon, our pilot played Elvis Presley Viva Las Vegas as we flew back down the strip.

:rolleyes1

So do they do better rates by phone than on their site? because I check every time and even with my discounts never get it cheaper than Airline Network, I agree cheaper than direct with Dollar but thats the most expensive way of doing it. When I compared our 25 night trip for August full size car with platinum insurance it was £850ish less 10% bringing it down to £765 same car with airnet was £504.

We always ring Virgin Flying Club direct, we have just come back from our winter hols leaving at the end of Jan for 17 days, we also do the platinum package on a LX (luxury car) and paid £428.00. Could be we always fly low season, that was a good price for airnet £504.00. Its the car insurance that seems to knock the price up not the upgrading of car. Friends have mentioned that they also booked through airnet, perhaps like always worth shopping around, depending if a luxury car is important to you. My husband likes the big cars and as we drove down to Miami this time was worth the luxury.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter