• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Resort was One and Done for You?

Ours is the Grand Floridian outer building. I felt so far from everything and we really didn't like the buildings. It's funny, we don't feel that wy at Poly or POR. Maybe I had main building FOMO!

Oh, same for Contemporary GV rooms. Don't like those either. FOMO!

Pop Century was our worst on-site stay. It was actually all because of the other people staying there. Kids running around crazy while the parents congregated in one room to drink out of a keg. Trash piled up in the stair wells. People noise all night. We saw two people bump cars in the parking lot and just keep driving. It was the only time I didn't feel Disney bubble at the resort. We actually walked over to the Art of Animation and used their food court to avoid the craziness.

All Stars- stayed there 2 nights before moving to OKW. None of us cared for it- thin walls, awful beds, food court gross. Never again.

POR definitely for me and 2 of my sisters. It is the only place in 10+ visits I got bitten by bugs, the air felt heavier there for some reason and all 3 of us with asthma had minor breathing issues that we haven’t had at any of the other resorts. We had a room that had the trundle bed and the 4 year old refused to sleep in it after the first night because the mattress was very thin. Our stay there was 10 years ago so things may have changed but we would much rather stay at CBR or my favorite Wilderness Lodge.

For us, it was the Poly. I had been dreaming of staying there for years and made a reservation for an anniversary trip. Our room was on the 2nd floor without a balcony & our view was of the service shed. (Hotel was booked solid for Thanksgiving & there wasn't another room available to move us to.) I'm glad that I checked it off of our Disney bucket-list, but it just wasn't worth it for us.

I think the only place we've only stayed once was the Grand Floridian. Maybe it was us, but it seemed to formal. I really like Narcoses but it is not a relaxing type of eatery for us. I've always wanted to stay in the DVC portion but DH would rather not. I thought we'd have the same feeling about the Yacht Club but we loved it there. I prefer the Yacht over the Beach but we stay more at the Beach being DVC members. We've never been to the values. Of the moderates we've stayed in Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter and Alligator Bayou - we enjoyed all of them. Each of us have our preferences but we both enjoy the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom the most.

Art of Animation for me, but only because we had been lucky enough to stay in deluxe. It was a little chaotic, with such long queues for the MDE I worried I'd miss airport check in. But I've booked into All Star Music for the first time next year as deluxe off the menu for a while sadly.

I have not stayed there but have no desire to All Stars
I have done Pop several times even for Spring Break and still enjoy it
AKL , BLT, Beach Club favorites
Caribbean Beach stayed several times would prefer to never stay again - love the theme just to noisy for me
Port Orleans - it’s ok can take it or leave it
I would like to stat at Copper Creek as I think I would like the cabins
I do enjoy reading everyone’s opinions on the different hotels !!

We haven’t had a “one and done” per say - as we’ve loved all our resort stays. However, there is a category of Disney resort that I won’t book anymore: The huge sprawling resorts with dozens of buildings and multiple (3 or more) bus stops. They are beautiful, but at this point in our lives it’s just too much time and hassle. We did love them stay in them often in our 20s and 30s, though!

Can't say I've got any "one and done". There are some that are way down the list. And some that aren't even on the list. Being DVC and resort snobs, none of the value resorts are on our list. SSR is a last resort for when we can't find a different DVC resort, but we have stayed there 2-3 times.
I feel like you. DVC member & BW owners. Prefer to stay there with ease to DHS and atmosphere. SSR last on our list. Would prefer Coronado for food choices above SSR.

For us, it was the Poly. If the Poly was the same price as WL or AKL we'd say no thanks.

Also, CSR. Stay was fine until check out day when a convention was leaving the same day. Sent the family to go eat while I stood in the bag check line. AND, the convention organizers were trying to encourage the conventioneers to get out of line to attend a final meeting. Everyone in line was thinking "yeah, right"

OKW... nothing special about the theming, room decor needed updating, and the internal bus system was an absolute nightmare... I hope to never hear Margaritaville again!!!

Ft. Wilderness Cabins. To me, it felt like a mobile home, not a very kept up one either with mold in bathroom and a leaky dishwasher. I don’t want to have the extra expense of renting a golf cart to get around. The patio was covered in bird poop. I like to visit Ft. Wilderness but have no desire to stay there again.

I also don’t like POR much but would return if the price was right.

Boardwalk Inn was a one and done for us. We hated the layout. Our room was ground level, inner courtyard and we had to go up a flight of stays, walk down the hallway, then go down a flight to get out. I also didn't like that there wasn't a real quick service restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter