Who Drank All the Rum? A 9/20 Southern Caribbean Cruise Adventure!

jedijill

Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
Ahoy there Mateys! Gather 'round for a tale of pirates invading the Southern Caribbean on the Disney Magic on 9/20!

Hi, my name is Jill and I'll be the pirate captain on this adventure. I live in Denver, Colorado with my lovely dachshund, Bailey. Although I'm cruising solo again (this is solo cruise # 7 on Disney!) I will be meeting up with my friend and travel agent and her daughter. There is a rumor of finally meeting a special Dis friend as well!

A little background: I booked this cruise on day 1 way back in February of 2013 and locked in the best price. I got a Category 11B inside cabin on Deck 6. I looked into upgrading to a veranda but I just couldn't justify an extra $1000 when this cruise was about all the new ports.

After booking, I pretty much put the trip on the back burner for quite awhile. In the meantime, I sold the house I had been renting out back in Kansas City after 5 years and planned my 27th (ok, really 40th!) birthday WDW/Dream cruise. I sneaked in a "bonus" trip to DL in March of this year. After getting back from DL, I decided I better get busy planning for this trip.

My biggest debate came after Disney announced the earlier start to the F&W Festival. This year was supposed to be a non-park year so I could allow my DVC points to catch back up. (See how successful I was with that plan since I went to DL! :rotfl2:) Since I didn't have points and my AP has expired, I decided that I would skip WDW this time and instead spend a couple of days exploring San Juan instead.

I originally booked a Courtyard by Marriott on the beach in OSJ but cancelled it and booked the Sheraton in OSJ since it is right by the pier. (More on that later!) I booked R/T tickets on SW from Denver to San Juan using my Rapid Rewards points...yay free ticket! I change planes in Orlando on the way down and Tampa on the way home.

I booked excursions at 105 days and have slowly added some activities on for my San Juan days.

I'm at 3 weeks from sailing and I'm super excited!

Jill in CO

Itinerary and Current Plans

9/17--Fly from Denver to San Juan, PR.

9/18--Old San Juan 2 hour Segway tour in the AM and the Old San Juan Walking Food Tour in the PM

9/19--Rent a car and do a BioBay tour.

9/20--Board the Magic!

9/21--Sea Day. Palo Brunch and a private Mixology class

9/22--Antigua. Amazing Antigua excursion

9/23--St Lucia. Soufriere Island Delight

9/24--Grenada. Around the Isle of Spice and Palo Dinner

9/25--Barbados. Agapey Chocolate Factory tour and Monkey Island tour.

9/26--St Kitts. Caribbean Cooks

9/27--I get kicked off the Magic kicking and screaming and forced to fly back home to Denver.

Here!
Really looking forward to this since we're thinking of a possible cruise in a year or so.

Yay! I made page one! I was badgered to sign up for this cruise, but for my taste there are just too many port days. I would take days at sea over port days, but I am totally looking forward to how you like it. Plus the fact that Cynthia is on the same cruise, it will be a double whammy TR (although I think hers will be much behind yours as she has two more to complete before this one!)

Mostly I can't wait to hear about cruise ship antics as my next vacation is on the Wonder in less than two months! Yay for cruising. I hope you have a great time and tell us all about it!

Here!
Really looking forward to this since we're thinking of a possible cruise in a year or so.

Welcome!

Cruising is great and DCL does it right. Book sooner than later as the DCL prices just go up.

Jill in CO

Your trip is going to be awesome! Aren't you on the same cruise as Cynthia???

Yay! I made page one! I was badgered to sign up for this cruise, but for my taste there are just too many port days. I would take days at sea over port days, but I am totally looking forward to how you like it. Plus the fact that Cynthia is on the same cruise, it will be a double whammy TR (although I think hers will be much behind yours as she has two more to complete before this one!)

Mostly I can't wait to hear about cruise ship antics as my next vacation is on the Wonder in less than two months! Yay for cruising. I hope you have a great time and tell us all about it!

Yay! Welcome to page 1!

I wish you guys could have joined us on this cruise but it is definitely port heavy. I do enjoy cruising....It's even better with special friends. I would love to do a Panama Canal or TA some of these days...extra sea days!

I don't mind if Cynthia's report is behind mine...gives me something to read to stave off the post-trip blues. :)

Jill in CO

Your trip is going to be awesome! Aren't you on the same cruise as Cynthia???

Yep! I'm so excited to meet her! I was worried she might have to cancelled with all her family issues so I'm so glad she figured it out.

This trip will be awesome! I can't wait to see all these new places!

Jill in CO

Okay, caught up. I think the cruise sounds exciting and so happy you have some great excursions planned. And a DIS meet!

The only disappointment is you are NOT going to DW and we wn't get to meet.

Ahoy there Mateys! Gather 'round for a tale of pirates invading the Southern Caribbean on the Disney Magic on 9/20!

Hi, my name is Jill and I'll be the pirate captain on this adventure. I live in Denver, Colorado with my lovely dachshund, Bailey. Although I'm cruising solo again (this is solo cruise # 7 on Disney!) I will be meeting up with my friend and travel agent and her daughter. There is a rumor of finally meeting a special Dis friend as well!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

A little background: I booked this cruise on day 1 way back in February of 2013 and locked in the best price. I got a Category 11B inside cabin on Deck 6. I looked into upgrading to a veranda but I just couldn't justify an extra $1000 when this cruise was about all the new ports.

After booking, I pretty much put the trip on the back burner for quite awhile. In the meantime, I sold the house I had been renting out back in Kansas City after 5 years and planned my 27th (ok, really 40th!) birthday WDW/Dream cruise. I sneaked in a "bonus" trip to DL in March of this year. After getting back from DL, I decided I better get busy planning for this trip.

My biggest debate came after Disney announced the earlier start to the F&W Festival. This year was supposed to be a non-park year so I could allow my DVC points to catch back up. (See how successful I was with that plan since I went to DL! :rotfl2:) Since I didn't have points and my AP has expired, I decided that I would skip WDW this time and instead spend a couple of days exploring San Juan instead.

I originally booked a Courtyard by Marriott on the beach in OSJ but cancelled it and booked the Sheraton in OSJ since it is right by the pier. (More on that later!) I booked R/T tickets on SW from Denver to San Juan using my Rapid Rewards points...yay free ticket! I change planes in Orlando on the way down and Tampa on the way home.

Yay for a free ticket!

Ah, the port/pier drama...

9/17--Fly from Denver to San Juan, PR.

9/18--Old San Juan 2 hour Segway tour in the AM and the Old San Juan Walking Food Tour in the PM

9/19--Rent a car and do a BioBay tour.

9/20--Board the Magic!

9/21--Sea Day. Palo Brunch and a private Mixology class

9/22--Antigua. Amazing Antigua excursion

9/23--St Lucia. Soufriere Island Delight

9/24--Grenada. Around the Isle of Spice and Palo Dinner

9/25--Barbados. Agapey Chocolate Factory tour and Monkey Island tour.

9/26--St Kitts. Caribbean Cooks

9/27--I get kicked off the Magic kicking and screaming and forced to fly back home to Denver.

Jill in CO

Bummed we don't have anything that really overlaps but hopefully the 2 mixology sessions will be around the same time. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter