Who else is waiting until WDW is “back to normal”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were hoping to go there in April with a few DVC points...but without the option to purchase an AP it looks like we will wait.

For us it is completely about the masks and the decreased experience offerings. We're holding onto a comped room/tix package right now, so it's not about the cost. We're not willing to wear a mandated mask all day and still have no M&G, no character meals, no shows, no fireworks. We love Disney, but we'll wait this one out as long as it takes.

I was waiting, but decided on (hopefully) going in February/March 2022 - masks are fine, but if fireworks, parades, and shows aren’t mostly back to normal we may reconsider. It’s a lot of money without that stuff.

yes we are waiting on things to get back to normal before we travel to WDW again. mainly because our boarders are still closed lol

but for us to go back and make it worth the money i want Fast passes to come back and the dining plan along with all the entertainment they took away like lion king and fireworks

The first time we went during this “pandemic“ we said we wouldn’t return until everything is back to normal....

We are going again for our 3rd time (during COVID) soon 🤣

The only thing we hate is the mask mandate.... everything else is just fine by us.... but would love to have all the
cast-members have their jobs back

When all of the fireworks, shows, character meet & greets, etc. are back, we will consider going back. We're not going to pay the same high ticket prices for a lesser experience. Masks don't bother us. In fact, we discussed continuing to wear masks into the future in crowded places even when they're not mandated.
I just wanted to say thank you for considering wearing your masks at crowded places once they are not longer mandatory. I too intend on wearing them on any transportation that isn't my car and when I need to go to my doctors office even if it for an annual visit. Not only have they been proven to work, but I feel safer!

Also might be in the minority here, but for different reasons.
Our last trip to WDW/UOR was in Oct 2019, and unfortunately due to people on the trip with us, it was not as fun for my family and I. I actually cried so many times due to chaos they caused that many things outweighed the great and awesome parts of the trip. However, we were not intending to go back until 2023 once the 50th and everything else was done. Plus we were doing a dream trip in 2020 (trying to be vague but its the land of the Banks family if you catch my drift). When the virus started taking hold in Italy, we immediately postponed the land of the Banks' until 2022 (we were smart on that front) but we decided to book a land and sea trip for late summer thinking it will all be over by then (how naive we were). We obviously pushed that back and have pushed it out another month but unfortunately cant postpone anymore (we have since changed to a split UOR/WDW stay). However, due to the chaos of the last trip and having little to no issues with masks (humidity my family does not fare well in but we discovered last summer what masks work for us during the hotter and more humid times), we are deciding to go with the flow. Obviously we want to do stuff we may have missed and cant wait to eat at places like Homecomin' and La Hacienda again, but we are very go with the flow this time around. If we don't get to do something it is not a huge loss. Going into this with that mentality is helping a lot so far. Are we not going to get to do everything we wanted to do: no. Will we at least be able to do somethings that were not so fun the last time around: yes.

Anyone else feel this way?
We have actually felt the opposite. We had a July 2020 trip planned, but pushed it off until November 2020. Leading up to it my DH was hesitant to go due to the virus. We went and frankly had THE BEST time of any trips we have taken. The simple fact of no FP really enhanced our trip - not having to plan every minute of the day was glorious. We work in healthcare and have been accustom to wearing masks all day, everyday, so the need to wear them at the parks was just another day for us. Our kids did well but thankfully it wasn't crazy hot out in November.

Any trip, no matter where you go is what you make of it. Masks will be around for quite a bit longer until most people are vaccinated. So if no masks is what you are waiting for in order to travel, it might be awhile. TX or MS might be your only mask free zones at this point, but if you are not vaccinated I would be very hesitant to venture out without a mask. Despite TX lifting their mask mandate I think you find that many business will still enforce a mask rule as they want to protect their staff and the simple fact that they don't want to be held responsible for an outbreak on their property.

I just wanted to say thank you for considering wearing your masks at crowded places once they are not longer mandatory. I too intend on wearing them on any transportation that isn't my car and when I need to go to my doctors office even if it for an annual visit. Not only have they been proven to work, but I feel safer!

I know what you mean. My daughters and I were talking the other day and said we wouldn't feel comfortable riding public transit in the future without a mask, and would definitely wear them when visiting doctor's offices in the future.

My middle DD had a horrible habit of putting her backpack on the floor of the subway car pre-Covid and it totally grossed me out. She's been reformed after working as a Covid-19 tracer for our County Department of Public Health and says she won't do that ever again!

I really don't want Disney to "go back to normal". I am actually stressing about the fact that someday in the not too distant future, the crowds will be back in full force. I really am enjoying the reduced capacity. Sure, the shows and parades are not there, but I personally don't need them to enjoy WDW.

Masks turned out to be the least of the aggravations when we went in November. The waits for rides were just tooooooo long for frequent visitors. Because there are no character meets, fireworks, shows, many restaurants closed or have limited menus and waits for shops our trips to the parks weren't worth the money. Pick a wonderful resort if you go. We were at the most absolutely beautiful and fabulous Swan so we have memories of that and Disney Springs.

As much as I miss WDW, I can’t bring myself to go to Disney World with the mask policy still in place. Just went it Six Flags for one day and could not stand keeping it on in the heat all day.

All the rules, mask policy, missing magic (Hoop De Doo, character meet & greets, photos without a mask, character dining, fireworks, fastpass, etc...) keep us from going back. We planned initially to go in summer 2021, but will find other vacations to go on until WDW is a lot closer to what it was like.

I know crowds will get worse as the pandemic winds down and I would love to take the family back, but for us dropping $7000-10,000 for an experience that is less than what we expect is not in the cards.

We decided to go March of 2022 whether it's back to normal or not. But, we are staying offsite (saves money big time). We are going March (not a super hot time - better for wearing masks). We are just doing three theme parks (the other three days -- resort days, visiting relatives in the area - no masks will be required). We are doing two days at Epcot for Flower and Garden, so will slow down and can do shorter days if we get tired of too long a day with a mask. We are doing one day at SeaWorld (we have been a zillion times so can shorten the day if we get tired of the masks). Also, we will sit down for eating snacks vs. go go go at parks (opportunity to take masks off to eat). We really and truly don't know what things will look like for March of 2022, but are thinking not to expect it to be that much different than now so as not to be disappointed.

I totally understand your sentiments though. We, for example, had a rare for us trip to Europe planned in 2020 that when we redo will set us back about 12K to go to Paris and Belfast. As this is more a once in a lifetime vs. annual (we usually stick closer to home for vacations -- time, distance, dollars). For that one, we are holding off re-booking till all seems more normal. Given that we will probably only do this once, we'd like our experience to be what we are looking for vs. a modified experience. A difference for us for Orlando is that we do a more budget type trip there and almost go annually (relatives we like to visit in the area is a big reason for getting down there so often). We almost always use FF points to go down and can get good flight deals. With Orlando for us being a lessor outlay and not a once and a lifetime thing a modified experience for park days is not that big a deal for us. And we are really ready to get back no matter what it looks like.

I can't even imagine not wearing a mask in public. I know that's a result of living in a pandemic (it really gets to your head!) but the concept of going near people without a mask ever again seems so weird haha. hopefully I'll get over that

Our family is waiting! It's sad because we live right down the road, and have been passholders for years. But, we will not wear masks. We went once back in the summer, and it gives me anxiety just thinking about doing that again. I remember standing in line, thirsty, and worried that if I took a drink, someone would yell at me about the mask. I realized, "what am I doing?", "why would I do this?". So, never again. This was the first time that we have not renewed our passes. :sad2:

We live 20 minutes from WDW and won't be back until no masks are required. It's one thing to wear them inside, but if I'm outside and able to keep my distance from other guests, it makes no sense to be hounded by cast members to put on a mask. What I honestly don't understand is how it's ok to sit around the pool with no mask but as soon as you step outside the pool gate the rules change. Covid can't access the pool area?

As much as I miss WDW, I can’t bring myself to go to Disney World with the mask policy still in place. Just went it Six Flags for one day and could not stand keeping it on in the heat all day.

All the rules, mask policy, missing magic (Hoop De Doo, character meet & greets, photos without a mask, character dining, fireworks, fastpass, etc...) keep us from going back. We planned initially to go in summer 2021, but will find other vacations to go on until WDW is a lot closer to what it was like.

I know crowds will get worse as the pandemic winds down and I would love to take the family back, but for us dropping $7000-10,000 for an experience that is less than what we expect is not in the cards.

I wish they had played it safe and just kept all the parks closed during the highly contagious covid-19 that has killed millions worldwide and the US is number one with no end in site. Did you know that for the WWE to start back up, they have to test every wrestler for Covid-19 the minute the get to events and before each training match and they have to have a negative test result before they even allowed to work out in the common areas. Disney will take your temp before a shift and when you enter the parks. That's not quite the same level of safety.

I can't even imagine not wearing a mask in public. I know that's a result of living in a pandemic (it really gets to your head!) but the concept of going near people without a mask ever again seems so weird haha. hopefully I'll get over that
Even if everyone's been vaccinated and/or we've developed herd immunity? I mean, I'm scheduled for the second shot this week, and two weeks after that I will not wear a mask anywhere that I'm not required to. I can't wait for normal to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter