Who is counting down to Aulani?

Mduff-

We are a family of four going during your timeframe- we're going 8/4-8/11. So excited but it was very difficult for me to actually piece 7 "acceptable" nights together on points. I wound up after much stress with a one bedroom ocean view for 3 nights, then a one bedroom island view for 3 nights, and a hotel room for the last night (I'm waitlisted with the hopes of getting some or all of the non-1BR island view nights changed to the 1BR island view (especially the hotel room night!)) I was most excited that, by playing with the dates, I was able to get direct flights out of Atlanta for only 50,000 miles each (total of 200,000 miles for 4 of us to fly direct!)

I totally get your stress! I thought it would be easier than that :) We're a family of 4 too - me and hubby and son (16) and daughter (12). We weren't lucky enough to fly on miles from NY but airfare wasn't as bad as I thought...$852 rt for each. Hopefully that credit card is paid off by August :rolleyes:

My family will be in Aulani this year! We are very excited :yay: I have extended family joining us and we will be staying in an Ocean View GV for two weeks! Hope to meet up with fellow DIS members if our paths cross!

My family will be in Aulani this year! We are very excited :yay: I have extended family joining us and we will be staying in an Ocean View GV for two weeks! Hope to meet up with fellow DIS members if our paths cross!

How awesome - 2 weeks in a GV!!!

Our countdown to Aulani is at 12 days. :jumping1:

We arrive on March 9 and I was curious to see how many types of rooms are available on the website while we are there and it shows none! I've tried searching in all sorts of ways--2 nights, 2 adults only, adults + kids, etc. I wonder if this is a website glitch, or it the resort is truly sold out??? This is not the week of Hawaii Spring Break.

DW and I are going in October 2015. I figured it out yesterday and it was 255 days to go!!! We are checking out the many places to go eat around the island.

We aren't going again until June 2016. Too far away to count and we cant even book it yet.

I'm curious, when people do a split stay to the big island, where do you stay? We are thinking of island hopping the next trip. Thanks!

I just changed car reservations for next week and got it down from $253 to $170!

We aren't going again until June 2016. Too far away to count and we cant even book it yet.

I'm curious, when people do a split stay to the big island, where do you stay? We are thinking of island hopping the next trip. Thanks!

I've only been to the big island - actually just remembered it's three stays - but have liked staying on the drier side of the island and do not think I'd like to stay on the Hilo side. The Kohala coast is a beautiful area and has many of the larger tourist hotels. Kona is also nice - and an area that has been developed longer (ie, probably older resorts although I'm sure there's a mix of new in the area too) but it's a very good central location on an island that does take some driving time. It will be closer to visit Volcano Nat'l Park and for any drive to Hilo.

In the Kohala area I've stayed at both the Hilton Waikoloa and Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. I give a preference to the Hilton's layout. The stay in Kona was so long ago that the hotel doesn't exist any more. :)

Last edited:
Can't wait, 85 day to Aulani. 6 of us arrive May 16th, for 5 nights, and then 4 nights at our new timeshare,
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach resort on Maui.

We leave in 109 days. Staying 10 nights in just a studio. My 12 year old daughter and my husband and I. Getting very excited. Bought the very expensive tickets from Florida and have rental car booked (but keep checking to see if it gets lower). Still deciding on what we want to do while there. June 10-20

My dh, 2dd's (21 and 25) will be there in 187 days:cool1:

What's your number??::yes::
Reading this actually made me cry. I went to Aluani this past October and had the worst time of my life, it was so bad we looked into leaving early. WHICH IS STILL JUST CRAZY TO ME. For almost a year we counted down for it. I am such a Disney fan, my husband and I were married at Disney's Vero beach, I was a cast member for 11 years, I love Disney. My trip to Aulani was the worst vacation of my life. Whats worse is we reached out to three managers, got ignored by two and got told "Well go take a survey when you leave" by the third. I believe all these people had amazing times, but based on what happened to us, all I can say is be careful, and if they treat you like they did us scream to high heaven until someone cares. If the cost had not been over $4,000 we would have flew out early, it was that bad. Of course after I talked to member services they offered me a free dinner, really? I blow $10,000 for the worst week vacation of my life and you offer me $200? Like a slap in the face. Just so miserable. Cast members were rude on many occasions. Cluless on others. Managers were usless and ignored us outright. Just not a Disney resort feel at all. I have had better service at a motel six. Again I hope this does not happen to any of you but they could pay me $50,000 to go back and I'd tell them to go to hell. Never again will my family or I be treated like that, especially since we had to take a 14 hours plane ride from Orlando to be treated like crap. I will stick to WDW and Vero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter