Who is counting down to Aulani?

So many things, as soon as we got in we had "Express check in" we could not understand the girl checking us in, she made us stand off to the side when she saw if our rooms was ready. So we waited for HER to wait in line instead of us just doing it? I signed up to be texted when the room was ready, we went off to go eat. When the food was up we didn't know it, the cast members were talking as we waited for the kids food, to the point that it was almost 30 min! When they gave us the food is was cold. The cashier noted we had been standing there a long time and SHE was the one that went to go check the food. After the time to check in at 4pm came and went we went to the front desk and were like "Our room?" it had been ready and they never texted us. It was our five year wedding anv and I put it on our reservation, we got married at Vero and not one freaking castmember wished us a happy anv or even said anything. I could not get my DVC discount because that new stupid policy about needing your member ID card, so we lost money in the merch shop, I had to run to the preview center to have them print it, they were closing and said I would not print it because I didn't have picture ID and would not wait 5 min for me to run and get it. I made it back in time anyway and learned I needed to carry around my ID at all times even on the beach. I ended up LOSING my ID because of the new policy and none of the cast knew were lost and found was. I was in a different state and had no way to get on the plane! We wanted to go on a art tour and no one knew the difference between the DVC one and th e normal one. Preview center said ask front desk, front desk said ask Conciarge, conciarge said ask clubhouse clubhouse said the person who gives the tours is not hear today so we don't know the difference. If not lack of helpfulness or lack of knowledge there was downright rudeness from some cast. When we finally took the art tour not only did the tour guide know little (Uh I think this tree is native to Japan, maybe China) he also kept apologizing for the HI culture! So ashamed FOR Disney and HI on that part. "You know they were not as advanced as us so they really believed these things" are you freaking kidding me? It actually goes on and one, the whole week. When we first went to the front desk and was like "This is insane" the front desk manager said "Well you get a surey when you leave go tell us your feedback there" REALL!!!!? Plus we were like WE KNOW DISNEY this is crazy how is this happening, we tried to reach out to two other managers. They were "Busy" and never bothered to contact us back before we left. There really were a million things, the day we left we could not get into the changing rooms, card did not work and no castmember would let us in. GO BACK TO THE FRONT DESK I"M BUSY?!?!?! Sick. So many more. Its was not DIsney, Disney does not do that, but they did, and the managers just made it worse. The only apology I got was "I'm sorry you FELT we treated you badly" *******s all around. I so hate using that word but they earned it. Can you tell I'm still upset from October?

I am really sorry that you had such a bad experience. We went in November and our experience was the opposite extreme. Everybody was knowledgeable and helpful. Cast Members were really warm and friendly and this included two managers (one DVC and one hotel) who for some reason kind of adopted us and were forever checking if we had a good time and if everything was alright. One of them we met on the first morning while we were just looking around the lobby and the other we met while we were waiting to tour one of the Grand Villas. For us Aulani was the most magical place we ever visited and we are regular visitors to WDW, DL and DCL.

While you experience was awful and it was unforgivable that something like this should ever happen, for every person who had a negative experience, there seem to be hundreds of people who had an absolutely amazing time looking at reviews from all different kinds of sources. Considering that people are much more likely to write a review when something has gone wrong then when something has gone right, this is probably even more heavily leaning towards people having an amazing experience over all. I therefore hope that nobody gets scared off.

Coriinna

I am really sorry that you had such a bad experience. We went in November and our experience was the opposite extreme. Everybody was knowledgeable and helpful. Cast Members were really warm and friendly and this included two managers (one DVC and one hotel) who for some reason kind of adopted us and were forever checking if we had a good time and if everything was alright. One of them we met on the first morning while we were just looking around the lobby and the other we met while we were waiting to tour one of the Grand Villas. For us Aulani was the most magical place we ever visited and we are regular visitors to WDW, DL and DCL.
This EXACTLY! We were also there in November and had a couple issues come up that required talking to higher-ups and managers. They were wonderful and handled things just as one would hope, if not better. We remarked that the CMs were better at Aulani than at WDW. It was a really wonderful experience and I'm guessing the prior poster had some bad luck (or else they really turned their service around right after her visit). We actually were looking at the possibility of EXTENDING our visit vs. leaving early. That said, I do understand that things are not always perfect - on our Dec. 2013 WDW visit, we encountered some exceptionally rude CMs and it does dampen the mood, but we still had a great visit overall. I wouldn't let this scare you off from visiting Aulani - we'd go back in a heartbeat. And, if you do feel that something has gone wrong, go to the managers and make sure they know what your issue is. There might be some aspect of the Hawaiian laid-back attitude that was delaying the response time for the prior poster, but they did always get back to us and make things right. And nobody at all was rude to us during our 9 nights there - most were smiling the whole time.

While you experience was awful and it was unforgivable that something like this should ever happen, for every person who had a negative experience, there seem to be hundreds of people who had an absolutely amazing time looking at reviews from all different kinds of sources. Considering that people are much more likely to write a review when something has gone wrong then when something has gone right, this is probably even more heavily leaning towards people having an amazing experience over all. I therefore hope that nobody gets scared off.

Coriinna

Thank you for the sorry. I know lots of people have a ball there, but just not us. It was so bad. I know I need to just "Let it go" because there really is no way we can get that time back or they can go back in time and make it not miserable for us. A apology or giving any kind of crap would have helped, just one smack in the face after another.

On the flip side after a lifetime of Disney that really the first, much less a compound of the first time anything like that every happend to us. We are not going to let it stop us from going back to other loctions and enjoying the magic. We have a trip to the boardwalk for my neices 21st birthday coming up this April and we are so excited. I know its going to be magical. I will always love Disney, I believe in the magic. To be dramatic though, Aulani is dead to me, I consider them none existent, after that they will never get a second change from me.

I am glad that it has not spoiled Disney on the whole for you. I hope that you have an amazing time at the Boardwalk.

Corinna

Me too!! We're also going in August and have an Ocean View 1 BR booked...we wanted Island View but it was impossible to get so I just booked Ocean View and then DH wouldn't let me wait list - I think he was tired of listening to me stress about it :rotfl: When are you going in August? We're going Aug 3rd to the 13th - just booked airfare yesterday! :cheer2:

We are also going to be there August 3-10!! We are going with two other families so we have an Ocean View Grand Villa booked. That booking process was very stressfull! I feel lucky we got what we did, had to spend way more pts than we wanted. Our group is 6 adults and 6 kids 13yo girl, 12yo girl, 2-11 yo boys, 9 yo boy and an 8 yo boy. Just look for the huge, loud group of people, it will probably be us. The countdown is on!

We are also going to be there August 3-10!! We are going with two other families so we have an Ocean View Grand Villa booked. That booking process was very stressfull! I feel lucky we got what we did, had to spend way more pts than we wanted. Our group is 6 adults and 6 kids 13yo girl, 12yo girl, 2-11 yo boys, 9 yo boy and an 8 yo boy. Just look for the huge, loud group of people, it will probably be us. The countdown is on!

Woo hoo! :flower1: Sounds like me, stress and more points :) Going with hubby, a 16 year old boy, and a 12 year old girl. We'll be listening for you :listen: August can't get here fast enough!!

Count me in!! I am not a DVC member (only in my dreams!!), but I've rented points several times before. We are renting again for Aulani. We just received confirmation for our reservation for a 1 BR ocean view villa 9/30-10/7. WooHoo!!

Can't wait...Leaving in 14 days from the Southeast. Headed to San Francisco for the first night and then on to Aulani. While we are missing a day of school today due to snow and ice, I am making the best of it. Packing early..I just hope it all works out. We were scheduled for last May, but 2 days before our trip my husband got really sick and we couldn't make the trip. My DD19 and DS15 were so disappointed. Hoping it all is a go this year...

I am so excited to be back on this countdown! :cool1: We stayed at Aulani in November 2014 and it was amazing (rented DVC points). The reason for that trip was that I happened to accidentally stumble across the airfare during Delta's price glitch and we flew First Class for $70/each. :eek: ::yes:: Well, after that experience, others kept asking if I got airfare alerts, so I decided I should sign up, just in case there was another glitch. Well, there wasn't a glitch, but there was a very strange fare war between Delta and United's hubs, so we got flights for under $400/each from Minnesota (in coach this time). AND, this time, a whole bunch of extended family members did too! :thumbsup2

We have 292 days until we're back at Aulani. This time will only be 4 nights (vs. 9 last time), as we are spending our first 5 nights at a Turtle Bay condo on the North Shore, along with family. Then we move to Aulani and I have three studios confirmed - one for us, one for DH's parents, and one for DH's sister and her husband. Good thing our point lady bought Aulani! She hasn't been there yet, but we're taking two trips in two years on her points. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter