who is doing a Pro Internship in 09?

i'm here this weekend in orlando...got my new apartment all set up with furniture so everything will be ready when i get down here for good! i'll head back to SC tomorrow and then come back down on the 18th! it finally feels real though!!

I still can't get my brain wrapped around it. It's like getting the present you'd hoped and hoped for for Christmas, but KNEW there was no way Santa would ever bring it. Like, like...a PONY! :lmao:

I got my Christmas ornaments packed and ready to go today. It's so weird knowing that I'll be at WDW for ALL of the holidays this year. It's also weird trying to imagine a Christmas tree in our sunny, tropical townhouse. :rolleyes1

My to-do list is longer than my arm, most of it is nitty gritty kid or husband stuff. I leave a week from today to give us some time to settle back in before the 19th.

Still no location or call from relocation for me, yet...little nerve-wracking!

Did everyone get the email about the change of check-in location today? I was hoping it would be my location, but...I don't care, any Disney email is good Disney email! :woohoo:

I got that same email this afternoon. You are right, anything from Disney makes me happy too! I cannot believe that we are less than 2 weeks away from check-in. :goodvibes Hope you find out your location soon!

I got the email today, good thing to because I leave in a couple of days and don't know when I will be checking my email.
I found the funny part of the email to be the "make sure to bring your folders that you recieved in the mail". There was nothing in my folder that was personalized for me it was the look book, and the sheets that talked about working, housing and such. Needless to say I threw the folder out a long time ago. I am sure they won't notice that I don't have it.

Does anyone know if we have to fill out that on-boarding paperwork (from that recent email) if we are already employed with the company? I'll try calling casting tomorrow but I know I've filled out all that paperwork before.

You should be good to go - I went into my PI from being a seasonal cast member and all check in did is give me a single piece of paper to tell me where to go for my first day (which I already knew from my leader). It lasted me no more than 2 minutes.

hey did any animal programs people out there get an email this weekend from recruiting? my leader sent all of the presenters and email saying we would be receiving an email by the 5th and I didnt get anything so I was just curious if anybody else did? especially if they are changing check-in locations!

You should be good to go - I went into my PI from being a seasonal cast member and all check in did is give me a single piece of paper to tell me where to go for my first day (which I already knew from my leader). It lasted me no more than 2 minutes.

Do we do anything else the first day? Or will I drive out to casting get my schedule (which my manager has already been talking to me about) then thats it for the day or do we generally go and meet our managers later that day?

so I haven't gotten the email about check in day being changed, can anyone elaborate for me?? my last PI, I slipped through the cracks as well and ended up having to go to casting to get the right info...

and has anyone checked their workbench on disneycareers.com? I logged in today after about 2 weeks of not using it, and I had two new assessments to take. I've already taken both of them, and they were for GR (which I accepted) and MI Ops... so I don't know what that means...

See you all SOON!

I also did not recieve the email about check in location being changed and I never received a red folder in the mail so I hope I do not need anything in it, (i am a seasonal cast member so i have a look book etc.) if anyone can give more details it would be greatly appreciated!

The email said that our check in was changed to Casting instead of Vista (but if you didn't get it, I'd call the PI office to clarify). The folder was more for scrapbooking ;) and didn't have any specific info in it, really nothing I needed but a Look Book (I was never given one at my CP, they told me I didn't need it. Guess that's what happens when you're "older")

Do we do anything else the first day? Or will I drive out to casting get my schedule (which my manager has already been talking to me about) then thats it for the day or do we generally go and meet our managers later that day?

Nope, you do not need anything else. I did not meet my manager until three days after my check-in. PIs do trad the next day (but I didn't have to go so I got it off).

I never received a red folder in the mail so I hope I do not need anything in it!

I received my red folder four months into my program - you do not need anything from it!

So is it too late to still do the whole "who is foing a Pro Internship in 09" introduction thing? :P

I'm Stephanie.... I got accepted for a Conservation Education Presenter Internship for Jun-Jan back in March, but this is my first time on these boards :P Can't believe I leave in less than a weak... I've reached that excited/nervous stage.

Anyway, can't wait to get to know all of you better!!

So how do we know that they give preference to undergrads? Don't you qualify as an undergrad if you apply while you are an undergrad?

I haven't heard back from the Communication Planning: Graphic Design/Journalism Intern yet. They said they would be interviewing people until the 10th.
Yes, I did apply for the Travel Industry Marketing Creative Development Intern, too. I turned in my electronic portfolio, sent in my application via mail and have only had my pre-screening interview. Haven't heard anything since.
Thanks for the compliment about my artwork.
I probably have as much contact info as you do... :(
Can you tell me more about the Travel Industry Marketing - Creative Development position? What is this like? What does the description specify and what kind of portfolio is necessary?

Can you tell me more about the Travel Industry Marketing - Creative Development position? What is this like? What does the description specify and what kind of portfolio is necessary?
Travel Industry Mktg Creative Development Intern
RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily activities may include, but are not limited to: assist team in creative development of Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort and Adventures by Disney communications to the travel industry. Handle graphic projects such as ads, fliers, posters, and online materials supporting many internal departments. Participate in team brainstorming, input meetings and creative reviews. Interface with internal and external agencies and print vendors.
*An electronic portfolio with a sample of your work is required. Please submit to wdw.macpac.design@disney.com by 10/3/08*.

NOTE:
Recruiting candidates for this internship for June 2009. Internship begins in June 2009 and ends in January 2010. The deadline to apply for this position is March, 13th 2009.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior majoring in Graphic Design or related major
Demonstrated computer proficiency in In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat as well as QuarkXPress, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills
Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Proven knowledge of the Walt Disney World Resort
Proven knowledge of Flash and Dreamweaver applications
Demonstrated advertising agency experience

I got the check in location change email because I declined Disney housing and don't need to check in at the apartment complex.

I got the check in location change email because I declined Disney housing and don't need to check in at the apartment complex.

Are you sure that's the reason? I also got the location change email (go to Cast building now) however, I am using Disney's housing.... I don't wanna say you're wrong or anything, I'm just SO paranoid about having a place to stay in when I get there :P I'm about 95% positive my sister would NOT be happy if I showed up to her door with a bunch of boxes lol.

Are you sure that's the reason? I also got the location change email (go to Cast building now) however, I am using Disney's housing.... I don't wanna say you're wrong or anything, I'm just SO paranoid about having a place to stay in when I get there :P I'm about 95% positive my sister would NOT be happy if I showed up to her door with a bunch of boxes lol.
I'm not saying that is everyone's reason, but that's just the reason they gave me for my new check-in location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter