Who's going September 2008?

We stayed at the Poly last Sept. It was a trip to see my FIL (he met us there) he wanted to see his grandchildren have fun!!! Upon his arrival, we were shocked, he have aged 50 yrs since we saw him a year ago. His health was not the best, but he never let on to us how bad he was... Long story short, it was not the fun trip we expected, as he was really unable to do anything with the kids at all, and left the trip early...he passed away 2 weeks after his trip....We were happy to see him and give him his last wish to see our children... this year my parents and sister and her kids are coming, I hope we can make memories for them on this trip to our happy place...
My youngest son is 2 and loved it last year!!!
i am excited, but getting nervous too!!!
Angela

Will you be at the Poly again? Hope this year is extra special for your family. We've been dealing with health problems in our family this past year and are looking forward to some "fun time". Hope your family gets those fun times too!

Hi all! OK, so we leave in 12 days (9/15-9/20 @ sports), and I'm at the beginning stages of full on "spaz mode". Other than all the things I have to do before the trip, the weather is really starting to freak me out :eek:! Anyone else worried about this chain of hurricanes and tropical storms? :scared:

Hi all! OK, so we leave in 12 days (9/15-9/20 @ sports), and I'm at the beginning stages of full on "spaz mode". Other than all the things I have to do before the trip, the weather is really starting to freak me out :eek:! Anyone else worried about this chain of hurricanes and tropical storms? :scared:

I am! I'm supposed to leave the morning of 9.12 and that one Ike and Josephine are freaking me out. Not to mention my eldest daughter's name is Josephine, Josie for short! I'm not sure if that is a bad omen or good one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though.:rolleyes1

I am nervous too. I am scheduled to leave Friday morning at 7:20 from MPS Hope the storms stay far away from Disney!

:rolleyes2 No no no!! The correct answer is "No Michelle, we aren't worried at all! You are just being silly!! Go watch Mary Poppins and it will alllll be OK".

Maybe if we all concentrate our positive energy the storms will not touch land......

Megan722 - is your daughter a good girl? If so than it is a good omen!

I can honestly say that the weather is the last thing on my mind. I've got so much here to get ready and just getting out of here and back to the world will make it all worth it. Rain or no rain, WE'RE going to have a GREAT time.:cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3:

I called today to cancel my trip. I think I MIGHT be able to swing going in December instead... so instead of canceling completely, the sweet CM rescheduled me and I was able to keep my 40% off PIN rate!!! Hopefully I can swing it then, plus the weather should be MUCH better in December. I am more excited now than I was for the September dates, so I hope we can really go!!! I am sure I won't be able to get all of my wonderful ADRs though, but I'm making my plan tonight so I can call tomorrow and at least try.

YOU BET I'M WORRIED ... not just about storms in Orlando area but we'll need to "get out" of Texas to GET to Orlando! We leave in 9 days (FINALLY in the single digits!) and we're looking at IKE possibly giving us some problems with our departure from Houston. I just wanna get there! Really don't care if it's raining at the Magic Kingdom ... it's still "magic" rain or shine!

I can't believe our trip is only 10 days away! I've been planning this one since I found out I was pregnant - and now my daughter is nearly 13 months old - WAAAAAY too long to go between trips!

Wilderness Lodge - here we come!
September 14-20
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

YOU BET I'M WORRIED ... not just about storms in Orlando area but we'll need to "get out" of Texas to GET to Orlando! We leave in 9 days (FINALLY in the single digits!) and we're looking at IKE possibly giving us some problems with our departure from Houston. I just wanna get there! Really don't care if it's raining at the Magic Kingdom ... it's still "magic" rain or shine!

Yikes! Is Ike going that far west? I'm sure you will make it and all will be perfect!!!!

I can honestly say that the weather is the last thing on my mind. I've got so much here to get ready and just getting out of here and back to the world will make it all worth it. Rain or no rain, WE'RE going to have a GREAT time.:cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3:

Here here! Dan and I were talking about the rain last night and while I am worried, no way will it ruin our trip (well, unless it is a torrential downpour the entire time). I love summer rain so it will be just that! I hit the army navy surplus store and grabbed some good ponchos and some cheapo ones, just in case.

Well looks like there isn't a lot of concern for Josephine. But it looks like around Wed or so of next year Ike will be of a concern. I just want to get out of here by 9.12!!! A friend of mine was at Disney during a hurricane before and he said they had a blast. Of course the parks were closed but there were a lot of activities and plenty of food for the people staying in the hotel. All I want to do is get there!!! Keeping the fingers crossed!

ACK! GO AWAY STORMS!!!

So, I have talked dh into leaving as soon as he gets out of school next Friday (12th) and heading on down. We booked a room one mile from the entrance so that we can go on down, get a little sleep and then get up early to check in at Riverside! 8 more days! I am so excited but still so much left to do. :woohoo:

I guess if I do have to ride out a huricane I will be glad it is at Disney BUT if my darn halloween party night gets rained out again like last year I will cry!!! REALLY! Last year it was a downpour the WHOLE night..just horrible. I do not want that to happen again! :scared1:

Two more days! Woo hoo! I don't care about the hurricanes anymore, I just can't wait to go. We are heading to Louisville Saturday afternoon/evening, spending the night there, and flying out EARLY Sunday morning. We should be in WDW by noon. I'm so stoked, and we're meeting my bff down there.

I just hope and pray Ike fizzles out and everyone all over the world is spared.

Yikes! Is Ike going that far west? I'm sure you will make it and all will be perfect!!!!

Here here! Dan and I were talking about the rain last night and while I am worried, no way will it ruin our trip (well, unless it is a torrential downpour the entire time). I love summer rain so it will be just that! I hit the army navy surplus store and grabbed some good ponchos and some cheapo ones, just in case.

Been checking the tracking maps today and looks like Texas may be okay so we should be able to "get out". BUT ... chart does not look promising for Florida! Latest showed maybe landfall by Tuesday. Keeping our fingers crossed and counting down the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter