Who's going September 2008?

My family and I have scrimped and saved all year for our DW trip. I am not too worried about Ike but I am concerned about the rain associated with him. I have watched the Weather Channel for days now. WE are leaving from TN on Fri Sept 12

Rain we can handle ... the parks are a lot less crowded if it's raining! According to the projected path as of now, you should be fine. Not sure how long you'll be on the road but my guess is by Sunday/Monday the weather in the Magic Kingdom should be fine. OUR concern will be getting out of Texas. Our flight leaves from Houston on 9/12 at 1:30 PM ... about the time that "sucker" is scheduled to hit anywhere between the Texas coast and Florida Panhandle!
Where are you staying? We'll be at the Poly. We've planned a light day for Saturday just in case our arrival is delayed! Keeping our fingers crossed and continuing to pack and "mark things off the TO DO LIST"!

Hunny, I hope everything is ok and your family is safe and sound. I live so far North East but my heart goes out to everyone in Louisiana.
Thanks Kroy! WE made it through. The eye of the storm passed over us, it got pretty bad but no real damage to our house. Power went out MOnday morning and i got a call last night that it was finally back on. We stayed at home during the storm and left after 5 days of no ac, MRE's and the sewage system about to start backing up. WE high-tailed it to my sisters in mississippi. Ugh I need this vacation SOOOOO bad, and the way it's looking...IKE is coming this way too! Well i already have plans to go home for a few days and if ike is headed this way...im packing everything (including disney stuff) and coming back to Ms. because there is NO telling when i would be allowed back into my parish ( county) and i DO NOT want to be stuck without our clothes ETC. This is going to be the worse packing for a trip i have ever done!!!Ok i went on too much.. LETS SEE THAT TICKER!!!

Hey Fellow September DIS'ers!!

If anyone is going to be at WDW the evening of 9-13, and is interested in the BEST ICE CREAM SOCIAL EVER, then meet us at the kitchen sink.

On Saturday 9-13, fellow DIS-ers from around the globe are converging on Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club for this mini (quickly turning into maxi) DIS-meet.

Its going to be........wait for it...........LEGENDARY!!!!!! :banana:

Meet starts at approximately 9:30PM.

See the link for more info.
Meet Me at the Kitchen Sink http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1819141

DIS Dad's Boardwalk PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1933065

You put me in the wrong hotel Is the All-Star Music! not All-Star Movies. Please! put me in the correct hotel for 10/19/2008-10/19/2008 At All Star Music!

Im leaving 9/13 with my 2 daughters ages 6 and 1 and my parents. We are staying at All Star Movies, we dont usually do value but lets hope we like it :)

You put me in the wrong hotel Is the All-Star Music! not All-Star Movies. Please! put me in the correct hotel for 10/19/2008-10/19/2008 At All Star Music! Please fix it Troy!

We just got home last night.... we were terrified that the weather would be awful, but it was AWESOME!!! No rain whatsoever, no hurricanes... was a bit windy the day we arrived, and on the day we left.... but no problems the entire time we were there

Rain we can handle ... the parks are a lot less crowded if it's raining! According to the projected path as of now, you should be fine. Not sure how long you'll be on the road but my guess is by Sunday/Monday the weather in the Magic Kingdom should be fine. OUR concern will be getting out of Texas. Our flight leaves from Houston on 9/12 at 1:30 PM ... about the time that "sucker" is scheduled to hit anywhere between the Texas coast and Florida Panhandle!
Where are you staying? We'll be at the Poly. We've planned a light day for Saturday just in case our arrival is delayed! Keeping our fingers crossed and continuing to pack and "mark things off the TO DO LIST"!

We are staying at CBR. mY wife 2 kids. I wish you all the best getting out of Texas.

We are staying at CBR. mY wife 2 kids. I wish you all the best getting out of Texas.

THANKS! Stayed at the CBR when DD's were teenagers and really enjoyed it there. Tracking Ike ... looks iffy on getting out but as of now, since it slowed down, I think we're okay. Our big problem now will be if DH will be able to go with us! He's a county official and our county's rep. on the Houston/Galveston Area Hurricane Prepardness Committee ... which means, if Ike is tracking to our area he'll HAVE to be here! Lots of concern tonight!

We just got home last night.... we were terrified that the weather would be awful, but it was AWESOME!!! No rain whatsoever, no hurricanes... was a bit windy the day we arrived, and on the day we left.... but no problems the entire time we were there

That's great!!:goodvibes Hope to have some of your luck when when we head down next week.:thumbsup2

I should really change my ticker since we are leaving a little early..lol

3 more days!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter