Winter 2024 Incentives

You were able to get the previous incentive after the due date?
If you *go visit*, they have to by law allow you the same terms and conditions as they sold you on in person for the next 7 days. This was passed many years ago to eliminate the “THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID TODAY” timeshare pressure sales tactic. So if you visit in the last 7 days of a promo that stretches the offer into the new promo period.

If you *go visit*, they have to by law allow you the same terms and conditions as they sold you on in person for the next 7 days. This was passed many years ago to eliminate the “THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID TODAY” timeshare pressure sales tactic. So if you visit in the last 7 days of a promo that stretches the offer into the new promo period.
I didn’t go through this exact thing but I did have a guide once last year tell me verbally that she’d, more or less, honor the previous incentives a day or two after the new promotion started. I didn’t go ahead with it anyway so I don’t know if that’s true or not but I guess it’s always worth a conversation or an ask, especially after reading this.

I’m not sure how to define visit. But I did talk to them and my DVC person asked for
Name and date and time. Not sure if they will remember the convo but I did inquire.

You were able to get the previous incentive after the due date?
I don't know if this was directed to me .. no the Aulani example was just that the guide said that I could still use the "on site" incentive ...

We added on at VGF and did a creeping, process that went from May - June until we got wat turned out to be the best VGF incentives.
IE we successfully timed the market (and bought more points than we'd originally planned), so maybe only 50% successful...

I don't know if this was directed to me .. no the Aulani example was just that the guide said that I could still use the "on site" incentive ...

We added on at VGF and did a creeping, process that went from May - June until we got wat turned out to be the best VGF incentives.
IE we successfully timed the market (and bought more points than we'd originally planned), so maybe only 50% successful...
You were able to delay closing in hopes of getting better incentives?

You were able to delay closing in hopes of getting better incentives?
yes, for VGF I think we first contacted our guide in late May (? I may have the dates off but hopefully you get the idea) and had him write up the contracts. We knew there would be new incentives coming June 1 so we made sure to have the deal dated so that June 1 would fall within our 10-day rescission period. Deals did get a lot better June 1 (there was the "extra" points + magical beginnings + ... ) so we spoke to our guide and had him redo the contracts - we also decided on more points, so ... we signed everything in June for August UY points. and so sold back our Aug 2022 points and got 2023 points on 8-1-23. We had a stay already booked for Aug 2023 so we gave our guide the res # to get that extra $1500 off

Smart move. For me, I have until tomorrow to decide on if I want the deal for last months promo. I don’t see things getting much better. It’s a gamble for sure but odds are against

I could be completely off base, but I think summer incentives are likely to be better.

In many companies YOY sales is an important metric. Last summers sales were incredibly strong.

Plus, so far this fiscal year sales have been very weak. They likely will want the fiscal year to have better numbers than what is listed.

Maybe wishful thinking. But that’s my guess.

I’m very curious if the price FW Cabins such that it entices existing owners to buy. Do you think their minimums will be 50 like most new resorts, or at 25? I’d likely have kept adding on direct at CCV or RIV if I could have done it in 25pt increments. We did that for AKV, but that was admittedly back when it was $180 direct.

Having just snagged direct VGC points and not wanting to start at those high dues, I think we’ll pass and just hope we can get a cabin at 7 months when we do desire to stay there.
Knowing they are rare and infrequent, how do you get in the know for direct VGC add ons? I was on site for a stay 1/20-1/25 and asked the guides in the sales office and they seemed like they didn’t have any knowledge. I wondered if they save the points (and insider knowledge of them) for their regulars, or if maybe the points come from guides based in FL, and the VGC guides working the counter don’t actually have the most direct link to VGC points acquired through repossession or however they get them. Like maybe their job in CA is just to sell Aulani and VDH. Saying that, my guide is CA licensed but has moved back to FL and he never has any insight on VGC points either. I tell him to call me if he gets any and he never does. It really seems like an underground knowledge base.

Knowing they are rare and infrequent, how do you get in the know for direct VGC add ons? I was on site for a stay 1/20-1/25 and asked the guides in the sales office and they seemed like they didn’t have any knowledge. I wondered if they save the points (and insider knowledge of them) for their regulars, or if maybe the points come from guides based in FL, and the VGC guides working the counter don’t actually have the most direct link to VGC points acquired through repossession or however they get them. Like maybe their job in CA is just to sell Aulani and VDH. Saying that, my guide is CA licensed but has moved back to FL and he never has any insight on VGC points either. I tell him to call me if he gets any and he never does. It really seems like an underground knowledge base.
From my understanding, they just show up randomly in the system. So some guides will check for them if they have a list they keep of people who want them.

As the resale price gets closer (or in some cases…. higher than direct!) that list grows…. so the points never last long because a guide can pull them from the system for 24 hours and find a buyer.

What our guide explained to us is that it is really luck of the draw. There's no set time when points come into the system, and there's no way for the system to alert guides that points are available. What usually happens is that guides have a list of clients they check for on a cadence, and if there happens to be points when they check, then they put a hold on them for their client and contact them to purchase them.

That was our luck of the draw, to be honest. I contacted my guide and asked -- he said nothing was available. We talked a bit, and I asked again "are you really sure there are no points?" and the answer was no again.

At the end of the day, he decided to check once more for me, and lo and behold, 200 points had shown up in the system. He put a hold on them (the hold is 24 hours only, so we had to decide quickly). I admit I was originally just look for 100, but decided to take the full 200 given that we DO want to stay there longer and like 1BR/2BRs over studios, and I didn't think my luck would hold out again if I decided to have addonitis again later. But when I wanted 100, that was assuming I'd keep the 62pts I had in my Oct UY. We've decided to sell those 62pts and add those 200pts direct into our Sep UY so that we have one UY for all of our points.

What our guide explained to us is that it is really luck of the draw. There's no set time when points come into the system, and there's no way for the system to alert guides that points are available. What usually happens is that guides have a list of clients they check for on a cadence, and if there happens to be points when they check, then they put a hold on them for their client and contact them to purchase them.

That was our luck of the draw, to be honest. I contacted my guide and asked -- he said nothing was available. We talked a bit, and I asked again "are you really sure there are no points?" and the answer was no again.

At the end of the day, he decided to check once more for me, and lo and behold, 200 points had shown up in the system. He put a hold on them (the hold is 24 hours only, so we had to decide quickly). I admit I was originally just look for 100, but decided to take the full 200 given that we DO want to stay there longer and like 1BR/2BRs over studios, and I didn't think my luck would hold out again if I decided to have addonitis again later. But when I wanted 100, that was assuming I'd keep the 62pts I had in my Oct UY. We've decided to sell those 62pts and add those 200pts direct into our Sep UY so that we have one UY for all of our points.
Thanks for this detailed account of process. I never realized how hit and miss the guide checking process is. That’s amazing he said no and then checked later the same day and bam! So were there any incentives for purchasing 200 points, or is it just straight up $320pp?

Thanks for this detailed account of process. I never realized how hit and miss the guide checking process is. That’s amazing he said no and then checked later the same day and bam! So were there any incentives for purchasing 200 points, or is it just straight up $320pp?
$310 per point, but as we have a Sep UY, we got full 2023 points as well, which we sold back for $20/pp through Magical Beginnings, which will bring the net down to $290/point.

$310 per point, but as we have a Sep UY, we got full 2023 points as well, which we sold back for $20/pp through Magical Beginnings, which will bring the net down to $290/point.
Thank you for this information. It really pays to be informed. I think I will spell this out for my guide: Look every day! :love:

Thank you for this information. It really pays to be informed. I think I will spell this out for my guide: Look every day! :love:
It’s not just daily but the time during the day, as these are in high demand.

My guide checked in the morning, then again in the afternoon; and he decided to check before he left for the day which is when he scored them for me.

Obviously guides can’t be check all the time for everyone as they have other things to do, and I know that h checked periodically for me in the past (as he’d give me an update of nothing available) so I’m really glad I got lucky, even if my bank account is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter