Winter 2024 Incentives

BLT regrets: not buying more BLT sooner.

At this rate, all our points are sleeparound points!
This is one of our regrets as well. I wish we had bought way more BLT points back in the day and not purchased at VGF. In fact, I wouldn't be unhappy if all our our points were just between SSR and BLT (FYI, we own at SSR, BLT, PVB, and VGF)...

In fact, it's been 5 years since we've stayed at either VGF or Poly...

This is one of our regrets as well. I wish we had bought way more BLT points back in the day and not purchased at VGF. In fact, I wouldn't be unhappy if all our our points were just between SSR and BLT (FYI, we own at SSR, BLT, PVB, and VGF)...

In fact, it's been 5 years since we've stayed at either VGF or Poly...
Point chat? Location? Room sizing? Theming?

Point chat? Location? Room sizing? Theming?
No, it's more that we just like to stay everywhere, in fact, we've definitely moved Aulani to a once every 2 or 3 years.

Point charts are part of it, plus, we like the BLT studios (isn't that weird) because it's just 2 of us and we love the kitchenette, but wish we had more points for 1 or 2 Std View Bedrooms...

SSR, we have grown to love since the renovations and it is very easy since we drive every trip.

I like PVB and VGF Deluxe as well, but PVB is high points, and VGF is high points, and it has gotten very difficult to get Deluxe Studios.

No, it's more that we just like to stay everywhere, in fact, we've definitely moved Aulani to a once every 2 or 3 years.

Point charts are part of it, plus, we like the BLT studios (isn't that weird) because it's just 2 of us and we love the kitchenette, but wish we had more points for 1 or 2 Std View Bedrooms...

SSR, we have grown to love since the renovations and it is very easy since we drive every trip.

I like PVB and VGF Deluxe as well, but PVB is high points, and VGF is high points, and it has gotten very difficult to get Deluxe Studios.
That kitchenette is nice…

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=4JV5zZrKLkf&brand=0

My initial comment was about VGF, and my follow up comment was also regarding VGF.

I actually called her and asked if there is any way to get 25 or 50 points direct VGF and she confirmed that there is no inventory for her to offer.
Explains all the buybacks!
It just seems like it wasn't that long ago we were talking about breaking that $200 ceiling and before we know it, $250 will be the norm. It amazes me how they had a great sales year (thanks VGF) and still drive sales the way they do at these higher price points. But as many pointed out, that might be by design.
At $200 a point, a 3.5% increase is $7. Makes for a quick trip to $250. Will be even quicker from $250 to $300.

Explains all the buybacks!

At $200 a point, a 3.5% increase is $7. Makes for a quick trip to $250. Will be even quicker from $250 to $300.
It will be interesting to see what happens if Disney keeps aiming for the top end of the market and hoping everyone else is willing to finance the magic…

I agree for 2 they are not bad (Although haven't stayed in a studio there since 2010) We certainly love the 1 bedrooms though but since we don't own there we usually end up with lake. Like the lake view but when I can get the std 1 bedroom I feel like I should go buy a scratcher :)

I was about to buy another 150 RIV direct but can’t get over that I missed the last sale by one day. Tempting to go resale just to feel better about the loss
Ouch!

Since we can’t go back in time, I’d make whatever choice you think future you will be most happy about.

More money in pocket OR more flexibility to book other resorts?

I want both :)

I mean. It’s a day?
Unfortunately they’re pretty inflexible about that unless you already had a contract written up before hand and you were just waiting to sign which is why we tell people to lock in the price before the incentives change so they can choose the better of the two offers.

I want both :)

I mean. It’s a day?
Seems like their best sales are in the summer right before their fiscal year closes. Maybe wait a few months to see the next round of incentives before you make a decision between direct and resale.

Seems like their best sales are in the summer right before their fiscal year closes. Maybe wait a few months to see the next round of incentives before you make a decision between direct and resale.

I can do that but I’m worried I will miss the boat like this time. I’m at Disney now and the extra 3000 point buyback (20 x 150 points) and 1000 incentive is appealing

I can do that but I’m worried I will miss the boat like this time. I’m at Disney now and the extra 3000 point buyback (20 x 150 points) and 1000 incentive is appealing
If your are thinking of doing this I really hope you don't have February as a use year as you will not get 2023 points and 2024 points now that it is February 1st.

I think the boat will still be around. Magical beginnings has been around for a while now. In the summer I believe it was 22 a point if I'm not mistaken.

For a 100 point add on you save $2 per point???? I think they want this for the long haul

You can sign a contract for the current incentives on one of the last days in April before they expire, then when the new incentives come out you can either keep the contract you signed or tell your guide that you want to switch to the new incentives if the new ones are better. You have a 10 day cancellation period each time you sign a new contract.

You can sign a contract for the current incentives on one of the last days in April before they expire, then when the new incentives come out you can either keep the contract you signed or tell your guide that you want to switch to the new incentives if the new ones are better. You have a 10 day cancellation period each time you sign a new contract.
I was about to buy another 150 RIV direct but can’t get over that I missed the last sale by one day. Tempting to go resale just to feel better about the loss

we got the incentive for having a trip already booked in the future - I think we bought (added on to our Aug UY) in early summer and we'd had a late summer trip booked for like 9 months. Sounds like you already have points so maybe book a stay with your points for sometime later in the year and you can give them that reservation number for the on site incentive. Also I think the on-site incentive lasts for a little while after you leave - we talked to a guide at Aulani and they told us specifically. So you don't have to buy right this minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter