Wishes 10/8/11 WP/GF-- Love's First Kiss-- Trip Report Complete

OMG! The wall came out lovely! Besides the big one of you too in the middle my favorite one is the one right on top with the photographers taking a picture of you both from outside.

Thank you ladies!

Michelle, I absolutely LOVE all of your photos and the photo wall!!! Your wedding was so beautiful. Your wedding has inspired a lot of what I would like for my vow renewal next year! :goodvibes

What a lovely compliment, thank you!

Oh Michelle ~ I have avoided visiting your TR as I knew it would be finished. But I am smiling as those lovely words you shared about how you are feeling now that you are married!!
After almost being married for 8 years I still feel just as you do now!!!!
I still get the butterflies, and my heart still melts when he smiles at me!!
You will have a wonderfully romantic life ahead of you both, and I want to thank you for sharing every single detail!!

The video you guys put together on your last night will be sooo special forever!!

So much more to say but typing on iPhone is too tricky!!!

Claire xx

You always melt my heart with your comments, thanks! I absolutely love hearing from couples that keep that romantic spark alive forever-- that is definitely the goal!

OMG! The wall came out lovely! Besides the big one of you too in the middle my favorite one is the one right on top with the photographers taking a picture of you both from outside.

I love that one! The colors and everything are just beautiful, Regina is so amazing :)

Oh Michelle,

Your wedding wall looks fabulous! I hope you stay around.

I will, promise! This past week or two has been hectic because I have a work deadline coming up, after I'm hoping to have a bit more free time to catch up on everyone else's PJ & TRs!

Still waiting on my wedding video... the Fed Ex tracker says it should have already arrived. I give it another day and then I'm calling someone to inquire about details... I really hope I'll be able to share it!

Ok, so I literally sat here and read about 30 pages of your PJ!!! I haven't been on the boards in a while and needed to catch up. Everything was absolutely fantastic!!! I really enjoyed reading about your honeymoon! :) I am very sad that it's over! :(

I stumbled upon your PJ, wedding, and honeymoon report through someone who has posted on our own PJ, and I must admit to thoroughly enjoying the entire thread. Admittedly, I skimmed through the wedding portion (I'm a guy; it's my right), but your honeymoon segment on the Dream was fun reading, especially since we cruised on it back in September. We, too, loved Remy, and guess who our server was? Yep, Jerry! Though neither of us are a lawyer or journalist, we do have similar discussions at length and can pass a night away talking (it might help that I was an English major--don't judge me ;)). I found curious parallels in your experiences to those we've had vis-a-vis Disney. Hopefully, you'll post more in the future, and best wishes to you both!

Hey guys! I'm almost never on the DIS anymore (something that I constantly swear I'm going to remedy), but I wanted to stop by to say that I'm starting a blog for our family. Nothing fancy, just normal life as a family-- dogs, hobbies, holidays. If you get curious about what we're up to, hop over!

Chez Huffman

:)

Just read through your trip report. I have to say, you are a great writer. You also have sold me on Regina and using Beaute...your makeup was gorgeous and so were your pictures. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story!

Aww. Glad you stopped by!

Thanks again :)

Just read through your trip report. I have to say, you are a great writer. You also have sold me on Regina and using Beaute...your makeup was gorgeous and so were your pictures. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story!

Aw thank you! I'm so glad you liked it. Regina and Beaute are ah-may-zing, you definitely will be thrilled with them. If we ever do something fancy in Disney again (big anniversary dinner, vow renewal, etc) I will hire Beaute to do my makeup again. I love the feeling of having your makeup done, it feels like pampering to me. Thanks for reading!

Recently I've been trying to come up with a way to display my wedding veil. It's so pretty, I would hate for it to just sit in a box forever. I was searching around and found what one blogger did with her veil. It was so neat I thought I would share:

Inside-Out Design

She obviously wanted hers to have a very modern, non-frilly look (I would want mine a bit more feminine, but still cool). I think I'm going to try to do something similar with a very large shadow box, an art canvas, and some kind of fabric stapled over the canvas. Not sure what fabric would look best, I'll probably take my veil with me to a fabric store to see what enhances it the most.

I'll post pics of the process & result when I get around to it!

One_Song said:
Recently I've been trying to come up with a way to display my wedding veil. It's so pretty, I would hate for it to just sit in a box forever. I was searching around and found what one blogger did with her veil. It was so neat I thought I would share:

Inside-Out Design

She obviously wanted hers to have a very modern, non-frilly look (I would want mine a bit more feminine, but still cool). I think I'm going to try to do something similar with a very large shadow box, an art canvas, and some kind of fabric stapled over the canvas. Not sure what fabric would look best, I'll probably take my veil with me to a fabric store to see what enhances it the most.

I'll post pics of the process & result when I get around to it!

Neat!

What a great idea. I agree hers isn't really feminine. Can't wait to see yours completed.

Thanks! I thought it would be a really cool decoration, especially for a bedroom or bathroom (I would probably be too concerned about steam to put it in the bathroom though). I hit a bit of a road block because it turns out that fancy 24 x 36 frames are killer expensive-- who knew? ;) I think we might make one instead. If I could talk him into it, I know Brandon could make something gorgeous. I might have to bribe him.

Just spent the past weekend home due to Superstorm Sandy and read your story from start to finish.. Loved everything from the writing to the pictures and food reviews. You are very witty and wise :) and all the details were fantastic! Spent part of my honeymoon in Disney and planning to do a VR there so thank you for all the great ideas and tips!!

Hi Michelle :wave2:

i came over to check out all ur pictures and have absolutely fallen in love wi ur wedding!:lovestruc they r just magical :wizard: an brought a tear to my eye!

so i'v decided this lazy sunday mornin will be spend in bed reading ur pj from start to finsh lol :surfweb: its better than cleaning my flat or doing the washing lol :laundy: i'm writting these comments as i read so i dnt forget anythin so i'm sorry if it ends up being really long but here goes..........

<3 ur engagement story an ur 3 dogs, they'r so cute :D

the ring is actually really similar to mine! altho mine has a smaller square diamond in the centre and 4 tiny square diamonds on each side. Anywayz i think ur ring is beautiful an the proposal was magical. i always dreamed of a proposal infront of the castle during wishes but fiance had never been 2 WDW when he proposed so prob didnt realise how magical an magestic the castle is. instead of waiting 7months till we were went to florida in july 2011 he decided 2 propose on xmas day 2010. i was over the moon nevertheless tho! :cloud9:

ps what a lovely waiteress taking th pic for uz an the cake looks absolutely delicious :)

i also dont want a big wedding, i know exactly what u mean about the "social invite". if we'd got married here my MIL would have our guest count up over 100 people if she could invite everyone she wanted to invite. thats not us i'm happy wi our 12 guests lol

ur theme an colours are great, the :idea: of taking snow white but not neessarily the first disney things that spring to mind (dwarfs, cottages etc) is perfect. i think it suited ur wedding perfectly :bride:

so many times i tell people i'm gettin married in WDW an they instantly think mickey mouse is going to be stamped over everythin an have even had people ask if mickey will be marrying us! there's so much more to disney than jus the mouse (i still love him tho lol)

:woohoo: good on u for not including the siblings who were not exited about the wedding! the comment about the dress was out of order! i try to go by the saying if u cant say somethin nice dont say anythin at all. although ur dress is not to my taste it looked great on u an everyone has a different idea on what they like an want from a wedding dress an what makes them feel good. There are many dresses that r beautiful wedding dresses but they'r just not for me an i dnt feel comfortable or look right in them.

the bridesmaids dresses looked lovely in the photos and all ur girls looked like they had a great time! glad u picked ur best friends as MOH's to support u when u needed them most :grouphug: u should have the ones u love an those who mean the most to u around u at such a special time. i'm gutted my 2 best friends wont b at my wedding, (they'r both just finished uni an dont have full time or well paid jobs yet so it jus want financially possible for them to come, gettin 2 wdw for a holiday/wedding from scotland costs us a lot of money lol) luckily i'm quite close wi my only sister so she will be my bridesmaid an i kn she'l b there for me an do all the things a bridesmaid should :)

love all the outfit pics, they really did look amazin on the day! (especially carly she was such a wee cutie :cutie:)

glad u found ur dress after only 2 shops, i visited around 10 before i found my dress lol i know what u mean when u mention disney wedding tho i'v had several people pull out big puffy princess dresses for me jus bcos they think thats wht someone gettin married at disney automatically would wear. i'd taken to not mentionin where the wedding was until after they knew wht i was lookin for an had tried a dress or 2 of theirs on lol
i had specific ideas like wantin something strapless with a sweetheart neckline in ivory an without a train an without lace or pearls. i got most of it but have made a few changes lol

u kn i also had that same feelin when dress shoppin, i wasnt gonna find the one, none of the dresses moved me 2 tears when i put them on, none of them gave me that magical feeling etc etc. i felt like i was gonna just settle. but when i saw me in my dress in the mirror i just knew an i did shed a few tears. i guess when u find ur dress u just know.

ur accessories fit in with ur dress an romantic theme perfectly!!!! they r lovely, an the earrings u'v picked r very similar to what i want lol finding so many similarities between us lol i loved having a long veil on :bride: but then when i found my dress in a different shop an worked out the details of pinning the train up permanently a long veil would cover this an hide the lovely detail it made :sad1: so now i'm thinkin a smaller length of veil to sit at the back of my head(def not over my face) an in relation to headwear i'm also goin wi somethin small an artistic, getting a friend of mine to make a little tiara that only an inch high :goodvibes

your hair looked lovely on the day as did ur make up! i plan to say the exact same thing to the makeup artists for me, i'm not big on makeup so i just want to look beautiful while still lookin like me. Also i never even noticed if ur bridesmaids hairs were the same or different they jus all looked great an relaxed together. (the necklaces looked good too didnt stand out or anythin)

i love all ur stationary :lovestruc :teeth: its so elegant with still an understated hint of disney without it being in ur face. Like i said before people just assume a cartoon pic of ::mickeymo will be stamped on everythin but theres so much more to disney

the tasting looks like such fun, must'v been so hard to choose everythin looks great!

glad u got the make up sorted! i feel the same u want somethin professionally done for ur wedding day not ur normal day to day make up, plus i'm like u i doubt i'd make a good job of my own make up for my wedding day.

ur rehersal dress is so cute u'l look adorable in it :cutie: (there is no doubt a picture of u in it i just havnt got there yet lol)

the apple stamps r a perfect little detail on the invitations :thumbsup2

go brandon on doing ur own little photo shoot! :woohoo: they actually look like pro ones!

i agree with u that when ur picking songs they should be as u always hear them not a musicians interpretation, if i had disney songs like beauty an the beast it just wouldnt sound the same if they were not originals. An well done for putting ur foot down on the music songs will obviously go better at different times than if they'r jus played on a loop without any planning.

(taking a break the now to go get lunch then will be back to read some more lol)
Debra
xXx

:wave2: ok so i'm back again to read more :teeth:

ur were not catty or selfish about the whole thing with brandons stepmum/brother. yes its incredibly sad that things like cancer happen an i can understand how if someone was dying they might want to be close to them in their last minutes but to hurt her stepsons feelings by saying she'l be too sad to travel an taking his best man away too is a bit much. How does she know she'l be too sad to travel, maybe the best thing for her would be to come to the wedding to take her mind off in an celebrate a happy moment in life.
(hope those comments are not out of place i'd be feeling the same way u did tho)

ur first dance song is lovely, an again i'm seeing similarities between us :p the song we'v choosen isnt a typical first dance love is perfect song either but we'r the same the lyrics got to our emotions an i just know its right every time i listen to it. i wont b a cool or collected bride either i'm sure i'l be crying during the ceremony an first dance, happy tears of course i just know i'm such an emotional person that its inevitable!

glad it got worked out with brandon an his family :hug: bet that was a huge relief.

love the theming ideas for flowers an lighting etc for the wedding an reception, they all came out so well in the end an i like the idea of a lounge area especially for a large group of people, makes it slightly less formal!!! think this is somethin i will look for when lookin for our at home reception venue :D

i also plan to send an invite to mickey and minnie. it was my mum that found out online that if u send them an invite they send u back a signed photo. I have to say i took a double take when i saw the name but if ur happy with it then all is good ::yes::

:worship: the box from snow white is soooo great!!! my jaw actually dropped when i saw the finished thing it is jus breathtaking!!!!!

the dress looks lovely up close the details really look so elegant an intricate. :eek: that must'v been quite a panic when u realised u were crashin an still had ur dress on, atleast u were in someones house half naked instead of the middle of a shop wi big windows an people walkin by or the like. ur mums quick reaction must'v bbeen such a relief as well :bitelip:

the guest book is lovely an once its filled with all ur friends an families comments an advice it reeally will be a great keepsake :)

the programmes look amazin!!! they look so professional they must'v taken FOREVER to do an dry!

ok so i'm now up to the beginnin of ur TR an i'v loved readin about all the plans along the way. I'm gonna read a few more pages then i'm heading out to do some christmassy stuff wi friends :)

before i go i jus want to say well done for goin against tradition an stayin together before the wedding, we'l b doin the same as we'l have lived together for 2 and a half years come wedding time :)

i love the poly! it looks perfect, we'r hoping to spend the "honeymoon week" after our wedding there if we can find the extra money for it. fingers crossed.

an now i'm off but i have really enjoyed reading everythin today michelle :D

Debra
xXx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter