Wishes 10/8/11 WP/GF-- Love's First Kiss-- Trip Report Complete

After dinner, we went back up to the room. We were very excited to see Wishes from our balcony, and it was almost show time.

I took a quick shower and put on one of those big hotel robes. I thought watching fireworks from your balcony in a bath robe was totally honeymoon.

When I got out of the bathroom, Brandon had a little plate of small desserts and two flutes! He had snuck over to the CL lounge while I was in the shower. The desserts were easy, but apparently a few CMs had to dig around in the back to find flutes. We popped open a bottle of our Perrier Jouet (leftover from the reception, as you will recall), poured two glasses, and sipped away!

We still had a few minutes before the show, and we decided that we wanted to record it. We don't own a tripod for our camera, so we searched around the room for things we could stack up to make a platform. We found a little box-table, our suitcases, pillows, and my notebook. All together, they were just the right height

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

Hehe.

So we settled into our chairs on the balcony, Champagne in hand, and enjoyed the show. It's a good view, almost as good as the Cali Grill balcony. For anyone that hasn't seen the show NOT from Main Street, you don't get the castle view and the forced perspective. BUT, you sure can't watch from Main St in your bathrobe!! It was pretty awesome, all in all. The one drawback in my mind is that you can't hear the soundtrack very clearly. Up at Cali Grill it's piped in, but we were too far below (3 floors) to hear it well.

I uploaded our video of Wishes (with the music dubbed in :thumbsup2) to youtube:

Magic Kingdom "Wishes" Fireworks

After the fireworks, we sat on the balcony for a while. It was so pleasant to just watch the World while we finished our Champagne. It's kind of astounding how busy it looks all the time. It wasn't too long before we turned in for the night.

We went to The Wave too--- I'm glad you liked it! I really liked that it wasn't over-run with kiddos.

And your makeshift tripod is so cute! :goodvibes

Great view of Wishes! I enjoy seeing the show from all the different angles. I think my next way of viewing them has to be in a bathrobe now. ;)

Wow, you had such an amazing view! I always tear up towards the end of Wishes and, apparently, watching it on video is no exception. It looks like your makeshift tripod really worked out well!

Love the video!!

Thank you!

We went to The Wave too--- I'm glad you liked it! I really liked that it wasn't over-run with kiddos.

And your makeshift tripod is so cute! :goodvibes

Yea, Wave did feel a little more quiet than the usual Disney restaurant (especially given how casual it is). And the tripod did the job! ;)

Great view of Wishes! I enjoy seeing the show from all the different angles. I think my next way of viewing them has to be in a bathrobe now. ;)

:rotfl: Seriously, the bathrobe was fun-- it definitely makes it feel like it's your own private fireworks show.

Wow, you had such an amazing view! I always tear up towards the end of Wishes and, apparently, watching it on video is no exception. It looks like your makeshift tripod really worked out well!

I always always cry during Wishes. And each time, I tell myself I'm NOT going to cry this time, but I'm always wrong! :laughing: I hope Disney keeps Wishes for a while. I think so many of us connect with it because that's how we feel in WDW. When you're there, you really do feel like wishes can come true.

Honeymoon, Day 10

We slept in a little this morning. The weather was gray and drizzly, which I think made staying in bed more inviting. When we finally got up, we had a little breakfast in the CL lounge. The snack offerings in the Contemporary CL lounge were not as good as those at GF. Really, I don't think Contemporary CL was worth it. The snacks were just okay and the service never overwhelmed us. Although I don't know if you can get that view without being CL.

Our original plan had been to go to Typhoon Lagoon this day. In all the times I've been to Disney (about 3x a year in my 24 years), I have never been to a water park. Part of the reason is that we have a little water park in my hometown... now I'm SURE it's not on Disney's level. But my hometown doesn't have a little Epcot, you know? Anyway, a water park has been on our to-do list for several trips now. Brandon and I find that we really enjoy doing non-park things.

We pulled up the weather forecast, and it said solid rain all day :guilty: Well, a water park in the rain didn't sound that enticing (maybe Disney even closes them if the rain is heavy enough?) We weren't entirely sure what to do, so we strolled around the hotel for a bit. It didn't take very long before we said, "Ok, we're not wasting our last day. Let's go to Downtown!"

We took our car so that if the storm did blow in, we wouldn't be dependent on anyone else. Brandon indulged me with a little shopping, although I can't remember if I bought anything! I really did not buy very much on our trip (very unlike me!)

Downtown was mostly empty, so I think we could have gone anywhere for lunch. We chose Paradiso 37. I've been dying to try it since it opened, the food just sounded so interesting

I think we were the only people in the restaurant. Maybe one other table. It was very cool inside. Eclectic.

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7179.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

But again I have no food pics :mad: Boo.

We started with mac & cheese bites and the housemade guacamole & chips. I love guac, and our waiter told us it was really good here. For our meals, Brandon had a jalapeno burger (we love spicy burgers), and I had "crispy hen". Think a small, oven-fried chicken. It came with some kind of cornmeal patty, too. It was sooooooo yummy. I definitely want to go back to Paradiso 37. I bet it would be fun for dinner; they had a very elaborate, funky bar.

After lunch and a bit more wandering, we drove back to Contemporary. The rain had pretty much stopped by this point. Even though the forecast said it was coming back, we decided we would risk it for a little MK time.

We made the short walk over and found the park to be relatively uncrowded. (Still not as good as before the stupid golf tournament, but I guess lots of day trippers didn't want to waste a ticket on a rainy day.) We started with Philharmagic, which we hadn't yet done on our trip. Then we took another trip on SWSA (I had to), and next was Jungle Cruise. Then we stopped for some snacks-- a Dole Whip for Brandon, and a funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow for me. I love to sit at the tables by Sleepy Hollow and just watch the people and look at the castle. It's a really nice little spot.

After snack time, we went in the Christmas store. I really wanted to get an ornament to commemorate our first Christmas as a Mr. and Mrs. :) I found this little cutie

ornament.jpg

They had some wedding-themed ones, but I love this old-fashioned Christmas sort of aesthetic. My holiday decorations are all red, green, & gold-- very traditional.

While I was checking out, Brandon, who had been at the other side of the shop, rushed up to me. He leaned into my ear and whispered "He is here!" I asked who but he just motioned for me to hurry.

Brandon steers me over to a man that is just stepping out of the shop. We follow him out and Brandon very slyly snaps a picture

IMG00471-20111018-1403.jpg

IMG00472-20111018-1403.jpg

Santa Claus!!!

:lmao:

Yes, apparently in his off season, old Saint Nick hangs out in the MK Christmas shop. Maybe it gets him in the spirit.

After stalking an old man, we watched Country Bears. This is usually something we skip, but we hadn't seen it in years. And, as luck would have it, we came out right as the afternoon parade was passing through Frontierland! It was so cool! After the parade, we felt ready to go back to the hotel. On Main Street, we saw this custodial CM "drawing" a Mickey out of water!!

IMG00474-20111018-1541.jpg

How awesome is that?? My favorite Disney moments are when you stumble on these kinds of things.

Before leaving, we popped in the candy store and bought all kinds of goodies. I had to pick up a few bags of Chip & Dale's spicy snack mix. I love that stuff and I always go home with multiple bags of it. I wish you could order it online, I would always have some in the house. I am also recently a big fan of the pretzel sticks with chocolate and M&Ms on them, so I got two of those as well. Yum!

When we got back to the Contemporary, the rain really started. We got inside just in the nick of time before the bottom fell out.

This gave us a new dilemma. Our dinner ressies were for Bistro de Paris. We had been really excited for this one. However, schlepping to the very back of Epcot in a rain storm didn't sound like the dreamy end to our honeymoon that we had pictured. As sad as I was to pass on Bistro de Paris, I didn't want to look like a drowned rat in a nice restaurant.

We walked down to the CL desk and had them cancel our reservations. We asked if they could get us in at Cali Grill. This seemed like a comparable trade off. The only time they could seat us was 10:30! Again, I know this sounds snobby, but I was unimpressed that they couldn't get us a table at all. I know Disney dining isn't a literal held table. We were only a party of two. Seems like for the CL price they should be able to pull some strings. We asked about more restaurants in Poly and GF, but the answer was basically the same.

Instead, we ordered some room service. And by "some", I really mean a feast! I guess we saw it as our last meal :laughing: After this, it was back to real life! Boo! I think we each had an appetizer, an entree, a dessert, a regular drink, an alcoholic drink, and a coffee! It was kind of fun, actually, to lay everything out and have our own private smorgasbord.

Brandon was very excited to stay in, because one of the Republican debates was on CNN that night. We are not Republicans. We are just very engrossed in all things politics. Plus, this was back in October, when there were still lots of colorful candidates! ;) I know it sounds bizarre, but we really had fun, watching the debate and eating all our room service goodies.

At the end of the night, we sat down with our camcorder. We made a video that is about 40 minutes long, that is just the two of us talking about our entire trip. We talk about all of our favorite moments, the funniest things that happened, the yummiest things we ate, and generally just how good it feels to be newlyweds :) That video is how I remember a lot of these stories. Although we showed all of our other little videos to our family when we got home, we've never shown that one. It's kind of like our secret little gem. One day, I'll probably let our kids see it. I love it. It's our truest personalities captured and preserved, unscripted and uninhibited. It wasn't something we planned, but I don't think we could have possibly ended our honeymoon any better.

We packed up our room so the morning would go quickly. It was hard not to be a little down, but we were very excited to see our puppies the next day. With that, we snuggled up in bed, and went to sleep.

So, I’m very sad to say this, but that is the end of my trip report. It was the most wonderful two weeks ever. My wedding truly was more magical than I had dreamed it would be. I wish I could live it all over again. I have no real regrets about anything.

Life now is not quite as exciting as the wedding trip, but it’s wonderful. We are living our happily ever after. Since the wedding, we have moved into a cute little rental house near St. Petersburg, FL. I adore having our own space with our own things. We have a pretty fenced yard where our dogs love to run and chase lizards. We have our artwork and souvenirs from the wedding placed around the house, and it always makes me happy to see them. People warned me that, if you live together before the wedding, marriage won’t feel any different. I completely disagree with this. The feeling of this lifelong bond, of the deep commitment, is profound. It feels different to me, in such a great way. I love being married. I am so proud every time I get to call Brandon my husband. I love sharing a last name. I feel like our relationship earns more respect now that it is official. Like our families don’t expect us to spend holidays in different cities. I like being seen as a unit. I am so excited for all the adventures our future holds.

I am not totally done posting here. I am waiting on a large print from Disney, of the picture in my signature. When that gets here, we are hanging several wedding prints on one wall of our home. I read an idea in a wedding magazine to make a kind of collage of your wedding pictures on one wall, rather than spread them throughout the house. The only picture that won’t be on that wall is a shot of my wedding accessories that Regina took all arranged together. I have a white vanity in my bedroom, and I wanted to put that picture next to it. It looks so pretty and feminine. Anyway, I would love to share the collage wall when it’s finished. I am also still waiting on my video from Disney. I don’t know when that is coming; I emailed recently to ask, but I never received a response. I’m not sure if I will be able to share it, but I certainly will if that’s possible. I am so excited to see it! I’ll also still be around on the boards, I am too addicted to give it up entirely. Children are a few years out for us, but I hope when we do decide to have a baby, it won’t be too late for me to come back and share with all of you.

Just one last thing: I want to say thank you to all the friends I made here and everyone that read along with my PJ and TR. I can’t even remember how I found these boards, but I’m so glad I did. My plans were better because I was able to learn from all of your plans. Planning was more fun because I got to share it with all of you. And when I was sad because my beautiful wedding day was over, I found a really happy outlet in writing my TR here. I have received so much support and so many incredibly sweet messages, and I am very grateful. I think people that haven’t been an active part of an online community don’t understand that you can make real relationships online, and you really can come to care for people that you haven’t technically met. This community was so kind and welcoming, and I appreciate that fully.

So THANK YOU, to all my friends and to everyone that has reached out to me.

Two parting thoughts:

Several new brides have messaged me asking to see my BEO. I am happy to share this information if it would help your own planning process. Please don’t feel awkward—I don’t think you’re prying or being rude, promise! I am glad to help. When I was starting out, I received lots of help from the brides before me. Now it’s my turn to help. Circle of Life, and all that ;) If you have any other questions, you can send those too. I’m a friendly gal!

This one isn’t as pretty, but I feel compelled to say it. If you are experiencing the post-wedding blues, PLEASE tell someone. I had the blues for about a month after my wedding (they didn’t set in until two weeks after we got back, but then it was about a solid four weeks). I was afraid to say anything, for two reasons. One, I felt guilty, thinking PWB meant I was selfish. Two, I didn’t want Brandon to think it meant I loved him any less or that I was any less happy to be married to him. I wanted the marriage, not just the wedding. But when your life revolves around this one day for so long, and then it’s over, I think it’s easy to feel disoriented. Mine went away because I started a TR, the holidays arrived, and Brandon and I suddenly had a major move (and new jobs). I have read other women experience the blues for months, and I can’t imagine how they cope with it. So if you are struggling with PWB, please reach out to someone.

Ok, now somebody help me down from this soapbox.

:)

I love that Brandon found Santa Claus! ;) :lmao:

I'm sorry to see your magical wedding and honeymoon TR come to an end. You have given me chills in every post. You are a gem and I love reading how much love the two of you share.

I'm excited to see pictures of your photos and wedding collage--that sounds like a great project!

:hug:

Awww I am so sad your honeymoon trip report is over! Your last day sounds like so much fun. I love ordering room service--- it just makes you feel special! (I also think they could have gotten you into the CA Grill a little earlier. Shouldn't concierge be able to pull a string or two??)

I am so happy that you and Brandon are so happy and that you have created a little family. :love:

Awww, Michelle, :sad1: I have enjoyed reading every little bit of your planning and TR. You are so detailed and you write things so vividly that it gave us all not just a story but a memory of your wedding and honeymoon. I'm telling you I feel like I know you, when I speak to DF I call you by name and he's like "who's Michelle" :rotfl:

Please don't leave the boards! We need your support as bad as you need ours. ;)

I look forward to your comments and thoughts throughout my wedding planning and hope one day I get to meet you since I do live in your hometown! If not here, maybe one of our trips down to Disney for lunch or something. Danielle is meeting some girls for ice cream when she goes in May and I think that sounds so fun! :goodvibes You are so right about making friendships and bonds on these boards! :grouphug:

I hope you and Brandon live a long and happy life and I hope that when you have babies, you keep us in the loop and post pictures. I'm going to PM you in a sec as well.

Aww it's over? :(

It looks like you had an amazing wedding and honeymoon and had lots of fun too.

I'm excited to see your collage I'm sure it will be amazing.

I simply cannot believe you are done. I hope you stick around, I love the way you write and your honest opinion.

I really enjoyed reading your entire PJ and TR. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I wish there was a separate board for what comes after the happy ever after, lol. Oh, and I definitely want to see your collage!

I love that Brandon found Santa Claus! ;) :lmao:

I'm sorry to see your magical wedding and honeymoon TR come to an end. You have given me chills in every post. You are a gem and I love reading how much love the two of you share.

I'm excited to see pictures of your photos and wedding collage--that sounds like a great project!

:hug:

Thank you Danielle! I really have loved being a part of our cycle of Disbrides. It's just more fun to all share with each other, right? I really hope that we can arrange a meet-up sometime!

Awww I am so sad your honeymoon trip report is over! Your last day sounds like so much fun. I love ordering room service--- it just makes you feel special! (I also think they could have gotten you into the CA Grill a little earlier. Shouldn't concierge be able to pull a string or two??)

I am so happy that you and Brandon are so happy and that you have created a little family. :love:

It was a very relaxed last day, but I think that was a good thing. I love room service too! It's just something you can't do when you're NOT on vacation. Thank you for your sweet words :)

Awww, Michelle, :sad1: I have enjoyed reading every little bit of your planning and TR. You are so detailed and you write things so vividly that it gave us all not just a story but a memory of your wedding and honeymoon. I'm telling you I feel like I know you, when I speak to DF I call you by name and he's like "who's Michelle" :rotfl:

Please don't leave the boards! We need your support as bad as you need ours. ;)

I look forward to your comments and thoughts throughout my wedding planning and hope one day I get to meet you since I do live in your hometown! If not here, maybe one of our trips down to Disney for lunch or something. Danielle is meeting some girls for ice cream when she goes in May and I think that sounds so fun! :goodvibes You are so right about making friendships and bonds on these boards! :grouphug:

I hope you and Brandon live a long and happy life and I hope that when you have babies, you keep us in the loop and post pictures. I'm going to PM you in a sec as well.

I can't leave, I love the boards too much! Although maybe now I will start to venture away from the wedding section sometimes, I'm very seldom on the other threads! Oh an ice cream meet up does sound fun! And I would loooove to share baby news one day. Not for a while though!

Aww it's over? :(

It looks like you had an amazing wedding and honeymoon and had lots of fun too.

I'm excited to see your collage I'm sure it will be amazing.

Thank you so much! I hope the PM was helpful!

I simply cannot believe you are done. I hope you stick around, I love the way you write and your honest opinion.

I can't believe it either. Only you all would understand this, but posting here has been a big part of my life for the past year. My day feels a little strange if I haven't checked the boards :laughing: I will definitely stick around!

I really enjoyed reading your entire PJ and TR. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I wish there was a separate board for what comes after the happy ever after, lol. Oh, and I definitely want to see your collage!

Thank you! I know, I want to keep up with everyone even after our wedding days have passed. I'm so glad Faith started the FB group, it has definitely helped me find my fellow Disbrides on FB! I think the collage will be up in a week or so :)

I'm so sad it's all over. So many of my ladies have been getting married, and I am SO excited you lovelies are still going to be around. I'd miss you too much (and, I still have 19 months to go...)! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter