Wishes 10/8/11 WP/GF-- Love's First Kiss-- Trip Report Complete

I haven't been around for too long and even I am sad that your TR is over! I've certainly drawn inspiration from your wedding and, as everyone else has said, your writing is so fun to read. Maybe you can start a blog or something so we don't all go into withdrawals! I so appreciated your help with the BEO and can't thank you enough. I wish you every happiness and am excited that you'll be sticking around the boards.

P.S. I've been trying to venture out from the weddings and honeymoons boards, too!

Ahh the dreaded day is finally here: Michelle's TR is over. I feel this is how when their favorite television show ends, or how all those DisBrides felt when Carrie's TR ended.

Seriously though, thank you for sharing your story. It's one of the most compelling love stories I've seen. I wish you health and happiness, and hope you stick around for a while.

I'm so sad it's all over. So many of my ladies have been getting married, and I am SO excited you lovelies are still going to be around. I'd miss you too much (and, I still have 19 months to go...)! :goodvibes

I am so jealous that you are 19 months out. Being engaged really is a joy in its own. Now we get to live vicariously through you! popcorn:: Hehe, seriously-- I really love to see everyone else's weddings, because we all have different experiences. I don't think it's possible to have a bad wedding at Disney, so it's fun to get to see another wonderful celebration.

I haven't been around for too long and even I am sad that your TR is over! I've certainly drawn inspiration from your wedding and, as everyone else has said, your writing is so fun to read. Maybe you can start a blog or something so we don't all go into withdrawals! I so appreciated your help with the BEO and can't thank you enough. I wish you every happiness and am excited that you'll be sticking around the boards.

P.S. I've been trying to venture out from the weddings and honeymoons boards, too!

Aw thank you! I really would like to start a little blog. I just enjoy having a writing outlet. Brandon could set one up for me in a flash, I'm sure. I could link it here, although my regular life is certainly not as glamorous as our wedding and honeymoon!

Ahh the dreaded day is finally here: Michelle's TR is over. I feel this is how when their favorite television show ends, or how all those DisBrides felt when Carrie's TR ended.

Seriously though, thank you for sharing your story. It's one of the most compelling love stories I've seen. I wish you health and happiness, and hope you stick around for a while.

I really did slow down the TR updates the last few weeks, because I hated the idea of it being over. (Who am I kidding... I still hate it.) You are welcome, I have loved sharing. Thank YOU for always reading along and engaging with me, you listened to my ramblings every step of the way :) I will be around for sure. I have to see if you decide to start that PJ one day ;)

I'm so sad your TR is over! :( As others have said, I have absolutely loved getting to read yours & Brandon's love story, and you write so incredibly well that I felt like I got to know you as a person & like I was right there with you! I'm so happy you'll be sticking around!!! :cutie: I absolutely wish you & Brandon all the best in your lives together. I'm so happy you get to live out your happily ever after!!!!

And also, thank you so much for being so kind & friendly to me. I'm still so new here, and am in that "learning/initial planning" phase of all this craziness, and I appreciated how open & helpful you were to me in my first days here on the DISboards! I hope we get to chat more soon, and maybe one day we'll run into each other at WDW!!! :goodvibes

Eek! Michelle! I cannot believe your TR is over. So so bittersweet. I feel like I know you so well! ;D

I loved reading all about your big day and your wonderful honeymoon! It all seriously sounds like a dream and I am so happy for the both of you and your happily ever after!

I wish you all of the happiness and health in the world!

And you better not disappear from here... You need to keep up with my wedding plans too! ;D xoxo

oh no! I'm so sad its over. I have really looked forward to your updates and hope that I can write such a beautiful story of my wedding and honeymoon one day. I wish you lots of luck in your marriage although it seems like you are off to a great start!

What a truly amazing journey you shared with us, Michelle! So lovely, and fun and heart warming! Wishing you and Brandon a truly Happily Ever After, and thank you for posting so regularly. I am going to miss you! :hug:
Nicole

I'm so sad your TR is over! :( As others have said, I have absolutely loved getting to read yours & Brandon's love story, and you write so incredibly well that I felt like I got to know you as a person & like I was right there with you! I'm so happy you'll be sticking around!!! :cutie: I absolutely wish you & Brandon all the best in your lives together. I'm so happy you get to live out your happily ever after!!!!

And also, thank you so much for being so kind & friendly to me. I'm still so new here, and am in that "learning/initial planning" phase of all this craziness, and I appreciated how open & helpful you were to me in my first days here on the DISboards! I hope we get to chat more soon, and maybe one day we'll run into each other at WDW!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! And I was (and am) glad to help. I think the DFTW world is a little overwhelming at first. I was lucky to get advice from some sweet ladies when I joined. It definitely helped me out, I'm glad to do the same for you new brides!

Eek! Michelle! I cannot believe your TR is over. So so bittersweet. I feel like I know you so well! ;D

I loved reading all about your big day and your wonderful honeymoon! It all seriously sounds like a dream and I am so happy for the both of you and your happily ever after!

I wish you all of the happiness and health in the world!

And you better not disappear from here... You need to keep up with my wedding plans too! ;D xoxo

You bet I am :) Seriously, some time, we are going to do a meet-up. We all should plan something to overlap with Food & Wine!

oh no! I'm so sad its over. I have really looked forward to your updates and hope that I can write such a beautiful story of my wedding and honeymoon one day. I wish you lots of luck in your marriage although it seems like you are off to a great start!

Thank you! It is a great start, we really are very very happy. I think the trick is falling in love with someone that you are bound to be great friends with.

What a truly amazing journey you shared with us, Michelle! So lovely, and fun and heart warming! Wishing you and Brandon a truly Happily Ever After, and thank you for posting so regularly. I am going to miss you! :hug:
Nicole

Thank you, you're so sweet! I am going to miss posting. But all love stories have to end sometime, I guess!

Well, I've finally read it all and now I am so sad it's over! There have been so many things I have wanted to comment on, but 1) I have been reading this over weeks and weeks, so I'm afraid I have forgotten many thoughts I have had and 2) if I had remembered it all this comment would be very long!

As I was finishing up the cruise part of your TR, I announced to my hubby that we will be going on a Disney Cruise! You have convinced me. :goodvibes And I have to mention that I, too, adore the Polynesian and cannot wait to stay there again someday! I grew up going to Disney a lot and we usually stayed at the Poly. My DH has only been twice, so it can sometimes be a struggle to convince him that things like staying at the Poly are worth the price. I think I've almost convinced him though! ;) And lastly (for now!), I'm so glad you posted your thoughts and advice on PWB. I wholeheartedly recommend getting married later in the year because the holidays really helped keep the magic going for me after the wedding and honeymoon.

I'm so glad we're FB friends and let me know if you guys ever make it back up to Chapel Hill! I'd love to hear what your favorite places are around here!

I'm so sad that it's over. You truly have a gift for writing. I'm doing a vow renewal for my 20th anniversary at WDW (I still have 4 more years to plan LOL) but I have gotten a lot of ideas from the boards and yours was no different. It's only going to be me, DH and our three children so we are doing a memory one. DH says no one needs to see us get married again. I think he's silly because I think it's saying we are still in love but I guess I'm ok with just us. We'll get to do more things because we won't have the expense of a bigger vow renewal. I was thinking about getting married in WDW and then taking a cruise after. I need to go find a vow renewal PJ.

Again thanks for letting me be a part of our day.
:goodvibes

Well, I've finally read it all and now I am so sad it's over! There have been so many things I have wanted to comment on, but 1) I have been reading this over weeks and weeks, so I'm afraid I have forgotten many thoughts I have had and 2) if I had remembered it all this comment would be very long!

As I was finishing up the cruise part of your TR, I announced to my hubby that we will be going on a Disney Cruise! You have convinced me. :goodvibes And I have to mention that I, too, adore the Polynesian and cannot wait to stay there again someday! I grew up going to Disney a lot and we usually stayed at the Poly. My DH has only been twice, so it can sometimes be a struggle to convince him that things like staying at the Poly are worth the price. I think I've almost convinced him though! ;) And lastly (for now!), I'm so glad you posted your thoughts and advice on PWB. I wholeheartedly recommend getting married later in the year because the holidays really helped keep the magic going for me after the wedding and honeymoon.

I'm so glad we're FB friends and let me know if you guys ever make it back up to Chapel Hill! I'd love to hear what your favorite places are around here!

Thank you! Oh, you will looooove your Disney cruise! It really is just wonderful, probably our favorite part of our honeymoon. I am lucky that Brandon loves the Poly, like me. He did make me promise before the wedding that we would not give up on "other" (aka non-Disney) vacations, though! It's tough right not because as FL residents, WDW is always more affordable for us than getting somewhere overseas. We will definitely be back in Chapel Hill someday, we love it too much to stay away long. Oh I would love to recommend some great places around there! I'll send you a FB message.

I'm so sad that it's over. You truly have a gift for writing. I'm doing a vow renewal for my 20th anniversary at WDW (I still have 4 more years to plan LOL) but I have gotten a lot of ideas from the boards and yours was no different. It's only going to be me, DH and our three children so we are doing a memory one. DH says no one needs to see us get married again. I think he's silly because I think it's saying we are still in love but I guess I'm ok with just us. We'll get to do more things because we won't have the expense of a bigger vow renewal. I was thinking about getting married in WDW and then taking a cruise after. I need to go find a vow renewal PJ.

Again thanks for letting me be a part of our day.
:goodvibes

Thank you so much! Oh, you can definitely get some great ideas around here, there are lots of good VR PJs & TRs. I already day dream about a 10 year vow renenwal :laughing: Ours would be something small, since we had a big traditional wedding the first time around. I would love something on the Poly beach. I think, like you said, small events are great because then you have a larger budget for your entire trip!

Not sure if you saw but your inside the new wishes videography pdf. :)

Yes, thank you! Morgan first pointed it out to me. I never would have known if I didn't have my Disbride friends!

So as promised I wanted to share our completed wedding photo collage wall!

IMG_7655.jpg

We got our beautiful large print from Disney a few weeks ago (the same photo as in my signature)

IMG_7659.jpg

and decided to arrange our smaller photos around it.

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7674.jpg

IMG_7672.jpg

All the frames came from Target for around $3 each (except for the large one, of course, which I got on Amazon for about $15).

IMG_7671.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

The bottom photo was a Christmas gift from FIL. It's a shadow box with one of my favorite photos from the reception and "Love is all you need" written under it.

IMG_7663.jpg

All in all it was pretty inexpensive to put together and I absolutely love how it looks!

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7647.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

The table underneath has our Snow White figurines and cardbox

IMG_7651.jpg

I'm so happy every time I walk by that wall :)

Awesome display. Love that you have your card box and figures displayed with all of it.

Beautifully done, Michelle! And I love the green wall. :goodvibes

It turned out so beautifully!

I love it Michelle! It looks great! :goodvibes

Thanks ladies! We're really pleased with it. Catherine, I lucked out with the green wall! Our rental house doesn't have any white rooms-- I'm such a color enthusiast, I would rather have the walls painted anything but white!

Michelle, I absolutely LOVE all of your photos and the photo wall!!! Your wedding was so beautiful. Your wedding has inspired a lot of what I would like for my vow renewal next year! :goodvibes

Oh Michelle ~ I have avoided visiting your TR as I knew it would be finished. But I am smiling as those lovely words you shared about how you are feeling now that you are married!!
After almost being married for 8 years I still feel just as you do now!!!!
I still get the butterflies, and my heart still melts when he smiles at me!!
You will have a wonderfully romantic life ahead of you both, and I want to thank you for sharing every single detail!!

The video you guys put together on your last night will be sooo special forever!!

So much more to say but typing on iPhone is too tricky!!!

Claire xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter