Wk of Dec 11--2006 Disney Half-Full Marathon Info/Training

Helen, Sunny, & Carrie - Thanks for the pep talk. I suppose you're right. Only 1 more LR to go, & it's only 10 miles. I'll take it down a notch & be happy w/ a 10-10:30 min. mile. I never thought of having a party for myself!! Good idea!! Hmmm....what should it include? (by that I mean what type of junk food). Maybe I'm getting a little wiggy b/c I know the training will be over soon...I need "a goal" to keep me motivated. Oh well, guess I'll have to sign up for the "Minnie Weekend" :rotfl:

Thanks guys, I truly feel better now (except for our weather).

Sunny - do you plan to run outside Sat.? It's supposed to clear up by then & be almost 40 degrees out...

Jodi

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping all of you New Balance wearers will be able to help me out. My DF wants a certain pair of New Balance for Xmas and the store I would purchase them at is sold out :earseek:

I've checked all my online sources that I can think of with no luck. Does anyone have any suggetions??? I tried the New Balance website but you can't order direct from them.

Thanks everyone!!!!

::MinnieMo

Carrie - That is awesome!!!!! I was going to tell you to come here, but they prob. don't have direct flights and we are supposed to get snow! I have not told you yet how excited i am about the t-shirts! I can't wait to get them. Thanks to you and your husband for all of the work!!!!

Evil Queen - thanks for the words of encouragement. i think I will be able to get into a mentally healthy taper mode pretty soon. (by that I mean, short pleasurable runs and lots of chocolate and food!)

Lily - I know you are going to do great on your LR this weekend! It is a big deal! I would post the lyrics to "eye of the tiger" encourage you, but all I can think of are they lyrics to Weird Al's version called "Rye o'er the Kaiser"! Anyway, it worked for Rocky! Maybe if you get bored on your LR you can hum the tune either way and you will go faster :banana:

Sunny - Good luck on the treadmill!!! Maybe you can rent the Pride and Prejudice DVD and play it while you run. You would only get to Mr. Darcy's 1st proposal before you finished and then you could take it home for the grand finale!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weeked filled with THE LAST LR!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear the reports.

Minnie- have you tried zappos.com I know several people that have ordered from them & they have tons of shoes. They sometimes have free shipping & free return shipping if you need to return.

Minnie said:
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping all of you New Balance wearers will be able to help me out. My DF wants a certain pair of New Balance for Xmas and the store I would purchase them at is sold out :earseek:

I've checked all my online sources that I can think of with no luck. Does anyone have any suggetions??? I tried the New Balance website but you can't order direct from them.

Thanks everyone!!!!

::MinnieMo

Have you tried NBWBEXPRESS?

I am going Friday morning to the factory outlet in Brighton, MA. WE all wear at least 4E wide in our family so can't usually find shoes in the store.If you PM your cell phone i could call you if they have it in stock.
I'll be buying my half marathon shoes.

Everyone,
Thank you so much for your encouragement. It is going to give me a great night's sleep (hopefully dreamless...those nightmares have not begun for me yet). I did my TM today. Feeling fine with it so far. That encourages me.

Sunny, good luck with your TM run. You can do it!

Minnie, sorry I cannot add to the question you posed.

Carrie, Yay for running in Atlanta! Better than up north for sure. I'll be thinking of you whilst I am running the belt.

mazzypig said:
From reading a little, I think :confused: it is a combination of illiotibial band and patello-femoral type problems...:

I had a lot of knee pain that turned out to be weak muscles. if i stood on one leg i was stable on just left foot but wobbly on just right foot. PT had me do single knee bends to strengthen muscles and no problems since.
HTH.

Hey everybody Friday is my last offical day at PT. I am so happy to finally be able to run some.

Well to those who do not know I accepted my role as a Operator for the College Program. I am really starting to get excited about it. But Xterratri hates me right now because I will be able to do the preveiw. Oh well just another day.

I want in on the group hug action :grouphug:. LOL

Everyone is doing great. Here are my song lyrics. "Hand That Feeds" Nine Inch Nails

You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

What if this whole crusade's
A charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid
For the blood
On which we dine
Justified in the name of the holy and the divine

Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

So naive
I keep holding on to what I want to believe
I can see
But I keep holding on and on and on and on

Will you bite the hand that feeds you?
Will you stay down on your knees? [8X

Hope you all like it.

The Rat

TiffJ said:
Minnie- have you tried zappos.com I know several people that have ordered from them & they have tons of shoes. They sometimes have free shipping & free return shipping if you need to return.

Could I make a shameless plug for myself here? I have a site that does affiliate marketing, if you click through to Zappos (or any other merchant I have on there) and end up making a purchase I get a commission. It doesn't change anything about pricing/service etc. for you. Thanks!

www.sunnyshopper.com

Sunny

You guys are wonderful!!!! Most stores I have checked havenot had the size I need on these specific shoes. However, Cam's suggestion of roadrunnersports.com had the size I need at a discount price!!!! Can't get any better than that!!

Thanks so much once again!

BTW - I was excited to read that the runner's club was going to continue after the marathon. Though I won't be able to be there this year after the 1st of the year I plan to be back in action so I will need all of your wonderful support once again.

:wizard: and :grouphug: to you all as you finish your last LR and taper for the marathon. My thoughts are with you all!!!!!

Jodi said:
Sunny - do you plan to run outside Sat.? It's supposed to clear up by then & be almost 40 degrees out...

Jodi

I am in such a dilemma about it! The bike path is a xt ski path now. Someone at my gym suggested I run Mass. Ave from Lex Ctr to Harvard Square and back (19 miles) but that would be all on the road running which I have a stern rule against, especially when the roads are narrower than usual with snow banks. The sidewalks are fully cleared. Plus, it would mess up my Saturday plans. Looks like I am doomed to the TM tomorrow for hours and hours and hours.... I've actually been thinking of a way to tell the person on staff at the Y that I'm not crazy, I'm training for a marathon. I feel quite conspicuous camping out on the thing for 3 1/2 hours or more! I'll be so glad when this one is over. I never dreamed December would be so hard to run in. It was -4 dg F this morning and just now got to 22! These are January temps :cold:

What about you? Are you running outdoors?

Hey Sunny - Yeh, I'm running outside Sat. a.m. It should be a little warmer down in here in CT, about 25 or so first thing. I know what you mean about running on the road, but I don't have a choice (except the dreaded TM). I've found a route that I like, and in light of recent events, have written it out explicitly for my DH, along with my expected arrival time home. Don't forget though, Sunny, I only have 10 miles to go, not 20+. Maybe one day. Anyway, could you take a picture of that treadmill so I can see the torture chamber up close??? :rotfl: GOOD LUCK, let us know how it turns out. When I start to whine about my 10miles outside, I'll think of your situation & shut up! I swear, all of you that do LRs on TMs deserve medals NOW. I went 8 miles on one once & thought I'd die.

Minnie said:
You guys are wonderful!!!! Most stores I have checked havenot had the size I need on these specific shoes. However, Cam's suggestion of roadrunnersports.com had the size I need at a discount price!!!! Can't get any better than that!!

Minnie -- So glad this worked out for you! :goodvibes:

I only have 2 more runs in ME before the marathon after yesterday and today according to the schedule. I had to run a certain route today so I could take a picture of something I saw while running Monday for you guys.

P7200004.jpg

Can anyone guess what it is? I'll say at the end of the post :goodvibes

So I should have another nasty driving day tomorrow based on the forecast, hopefully not as bad as last Friday though. Based on the forecast, the school moved our exam from 1000 to 0800 so I'll get on the road 2 hours earlier. Ideal conditions, it will take 6.5 hours to get to pick up mom(NYcpa) and erin(Stitch_lover_Sith, who for the record I don't hate, just a little jealous of) and then another 2.5 hrs from there to Grandma's house. Then Sat morning we'll head up to the airport in Buffalo. By about 1630 Sat afternoon, we should be on the ground in Orlando, then over to OKW to check into our 'home' for the next 7 nights. I'll do my 20 miler and my 10 miler both at the World along with 1 tempo run. Those 3 workouts are probably the only ones I actually bother to do though.

lobster trap tree- only in ME

I love the lobster trap tree :rotfl2: I'm so jealous of your "World" LRs! Have a blast! Good luck on the exam :wizard: and the driving :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Sunny

Lynn - That was an AWESOME Picture! :rotfl2:

Did a short 5m run today. pace wasn't great, buy hey, I'm tapering :cool1: Planning on a protein "stir" and a nap! (ahhhhhhh)

Just took the boy to get a present for his Daddy for Christmas. He picked a frisbee that lights up to play in the dark. Glad we got that done :confused3

Can't wait to hear from everyone this weekend!

Well like many of you, I am also dreading the long run this weekend--20 miles for me. But I'm looking at it as the pinnacle of training and its all downhill from there. I am also doing a great playlist for the run as well as wearing the new shoes that I got last weekend that I am loving! Want to make sure they work out before the real thing.

Did 4 today and have 5 tomorrow--nothing to sweat about. I don't know how you northerners do it in the cold/treadmill. That is one thing I can't complain about with Florida weather. Thankfully I don't have the elements working against me too.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

Help!! I've hit a wall. Was supposed to do 8 miles today and could not get myself out of bed to do it. Just had no desire. In fact, I haven't walked/wogged for the past 3 days! I'm gonna try to do some xt tonight to get myself re-motivated. Don't know what really brought on this lull and lack of desire.

Going to the store tomorrow to get new running shoes. (shopping does solve everything, doesn't it? :rotfl: )

Terri

One more picture- I'm calling it double moon.
P7200004_1.jpg

I have a question though, why is it always low tide when we have the awesome full moon sunsets? There's probably a geological/meterological reason that I don't know because I'm a bio weenie.

It's nights like tonight and last night when I road home from school(I have no parking permit and it's a $100 ticket so I ride my bikie) that I love to go cross country skiing. It's so bright from the moon reflecting off the snow that you don't even use a headlamp. The only downside is what the temperature tends to do on those crystal clear nights. When it gets to zero or below(F, not celsius) it's really hard to wax skis to glide so you end up doing classical rather than skate. In some ways, I am looking forward to the marathon being over so going out skiing won't make me guilty for going off program. I'll be doing triathlon pre-season training until March when I will start the 10 week half ironman program I'm doing.

Can you tell that there is a reason I'm a multisport athlete? I don't do very well training for just one. If I didn't know the criteria, I would swear that I'm adult ADHD due to my attention span and it's not just for sports. I used to love summer school classes and grow to hate spring and fall semesters because they just went on too long. Medical school has been great because there is constant variation in the schedule especially this year with the systems.

Thanks for the PD for the drive. Hopefully I won't need it. I try and check in one more time before we are off to the World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter