Wk of Dec 11--2006 Disney Half-Full Marathon Info/Training

Lynn - I don't know the criterium either, but i'm almost positive im adult ADHD too!!! It is definitely not just with sports! And I wonder why the boy is a wildman???

Terri - Do it tomorrow!!!! You can do it and you get to take a break soon! I liked Solo's idea of picturing where we were along the course with each mile. (I'm not too good at it yet though b/c of my disney world ignorance!)

Well that's that over then, I have now officially trained for a marathon, it's time to taper. I did my 22 miler today as I have a big party to go to tonight and couldn't face doing it the morning after. I can safely say it wasnt the best run I ever had - in fact, after 15 miles it became a rather pleasant walk, and stayed that way, but I did it - and I've now practised being on my feet for 4 hours and 47 minutes!!!!!. I'm blaming my need to walk on being a year older than when I ran 20 miles two weeks ago (guess who had a birthday this week?).

So good luck to all this weekend, then that's it - after this we can do no more, we are trained up as much as we can train - woooo hoooooooooo!!! Helen

Helen - You don't look a day older! (well, I haven't seen you after the party)
Happy Birthday!!!!! :bday: :cake:

Thanks Mel - I did do a 50 minute ride on the exercise bike. Felt ok. Just have to keep plugging.

Helen - Happy Birthday! :flower: Hope you had a great day! Congrats on doing the 22. Great job!

Xterratri - Love the picture. Have fun at the World!

Terri

Happy Birthday, Helen! :flower3:
Sorry we missed the party. We'll have one here, impromptu! :banana: :wizard: :Pinkbounc princess: :dancer: :rockband: :bday:

Congrats on finishing the 22! You must feel awesome having it behind you. That is how I am going to feel this afternoon after doing my 10.

I have been at work since 6:30 and will leave at 11 to get in a 10 mile walk before heading to Pittsburgh for the weekend to celebrate an early Christmas with my in-laws. So, I won't get to check in again, but I'll look forward to seeing you all on next week's thread. This will be the big test for me -- maintaining my pace over 10 miles.

I hope everyone has an awesome final LW, LR, or LLR weekend.

Unlurking to wish Helen a late :bday:

And give Teri a :grouphug: and :wizard: to help her on her LR!! You are doing fantastic I so wish I could be there with you for the 1/2 :flower:

:wizard: :wizard: to you all for your last LRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning!!! Happy Friday!!!!! Guess what, last night I had a double cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's for the first time since Dec. 2004!!!! It was so good!!!!!!!! Stephen and I were driving past McDonald's and he pulled in the parking lot. I looked at him like "what are you doing?", he told me since I was training so hard this week that I deserved it. Isn't he sweet? When the cashier gave us the bag, I just stuck my head in and inhaled--the smell was heavenly!! And it was so good, I told Stephen I was tempted to not brush my teeth before going to bed so I could taste it all night. Don't worry, I brushed my teeth! :teeth: Which brings me to my next exciting news: I am having the best training week!!!! I may have become a treadmill convert, we are best friends now. I ran (well r4/w1) 50 minutes on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and I've run 13 miles so far this week, that's the furtherest I've ever run in a week. I am so pumped to do my 10 miles tomorrow morning. That my change by tomorrow morning, but right now I'm really excited. :Pinkbounc

Carrie--Thanks again for all of your work. I know what a pain that must have been. I can't believe that you and DH are flying to Atlanta today, that is awesome. Have a good run!

Helen--Happy Birthday!!!! :cake: :bday: I can't believe you ran 22 miles--WOW!!! I hope you're not too sore today.

Lynne--Those are awesome pictures you took. :wizard: for traveling and :wizard: for running this weekend. Have a kringla in Norway for me!! :goodvibes

Lily--Your friend in Middletown might be one of my neighbors. Stephen and I live in Liberty Township, but our zip code is a Middletown zip code. Does Cincinnati-Dayton Road sound familiar to you? Our neighborhood is off Cin-Day. Sing it with me: "it's a small world after all". ::MickeyMo

To all of us on our lr's this weekend: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :cheer2: I know we'll do great, I can't wait to check this board this weekend to see how everyone did. Here's a little bit more inspiration for everyone:

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
We are the champions, of the world.

Krista princess:

Just a quick note -- anyone who can or is flying southwest should check for reduced fares. We just saved $120 for the exact same flights because they are doing internet special fares for January to select cities and Orlando is one of them! YIPPEE!!! No code necessary.

Cam - I thought you were gone for the weekend so I didn't post this, but I found this quote in someone's signature and I thought you would really like it!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Mel - I just got it!!!! Tarzan Rocks - HA HA! Someone was merciful to give me a smaller disney guide that has pictures, so I'm reading it. You are funny!

Krista - I think I could find treadmill nirvana if mine worked! I get so antsy sitting around the house on days whene the boy is not in preschool! It would gave me a way to burn off some of my nervous energy!!!! I am trying to convince him to go kayaking with me, but he wants to stay home today. ICK - I may have to lift weights to XT today (I'd much rather con the boy into doing something outside!!!!)

I CAN"T WAIT TO READ EVERYONE's REPORTS FROM THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

Hey WISH Team Mates!

Lynne, those pics you supplied are fabulous! Thanks for going back for the lobster pot tree. :rotfl2: Oh and the double moon. Spectacular!

Safe travels and have an enjoyable trip to our travelors.

Krista, West Alexandria Road...actually I guess it is a Middletown Post Office, can't remember exactly the town/city/whatever. I just know how to get to the farm! (We are planning a trip there either the 21st or 28th of Jan--not sure which.)

Helen, Happy belated birthday!

Can't wait til this weekend is over to hear from everyone. I am going to do mine on TM, and going to try something...let ya all know how it works.
PD to us all! :wizard: :wizard:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thunder, thunder, thunderation!
We're the WISH group delegation.
When we move with determination,
We create a GREAT! sensation.

:grouphug:

Really rough week mentally this week, so taking it easy today, wrapping gifts for the kids. Missed my SR on Wed, then had an exploding migraine last night. The day after a vicious migraine, I always feel pretty drained, but I'm looking forward to 12 miles tomorrow. After this week, I'll be doing the regular MFM taper with everyone else.

For anyone interested in shopping at Target, they've got Champion stuff half price. I got a lime green and black long-sleeved Duo-dry jacket for 12.48, a teal one for 9.98, and a fleece hoodie for 8.98.

Helen...happy belated birthday! :wizard:

Carrie and Cam...enjoy your respective trips this weekend!

Lynne...love the lobster trap tree, but the moon picture is really cool! I'm really enjoying running at night these days with everyone's holiday decorations to look at.

Kathy...how are you feeling after your accident?

Erin...great to see you!

MelR...sorry, didn't mean to be obscure...I forget not everyone goes to WDW as much as we do ;) TheTarzan Rocks show at AK is actually closing for good sometime in Jan, so if you get a chance to see it, it's pretty cool. I love the skating 'monkeys'. What your guide may not tell you, is that Tarzan performs all his aerial stuff in just a loincloth. I always wonder how much that guy works out 'cuz I'd swear he has zero body fat :earseek:

:wizard: for all of you doing your long runs on the TM...that's BIG dog stuff! :dog:

plutosmyfav said:
C
Lisa-- Why are your grounded?

I DIS too much--and I will not say how long my session was prior to my grounding.

I popped in a bit to check on my reality tv threads as the happenings were too delicious to pass up.

I'm back off and won't be checking over the holidays.

So everyone do well with their Long runs this weekend.

I'm between a rock and a hard place as I believe my babysitter has stolen for me. All my Mary Kay cosmetics in a carrier that I had (looks a bit like a shaving bag). In all my years--I've never misplaced makeup. I was a bit harried yesterday coming home from the gym and the sitters were already here. In 15 minutes I showered, dressed, did my hair and makeup. I go today to put on my makeup and it has vanished. I have searched everywhere but there is really no place it could be. We totally decluttered last weekend and we had a maid service come on Wednesday. So the house is in tip top shape. :guilty:

I called the girls mother to ask her to ask her daughter if she knows anything about it--but I was just short of accusing her of stealing...I mean--how else do you say that it is impossible for it to have been misplaced. My usual MO for when I'm in a hurry is to just leave my makeup as is on the counter.

No idea where it could be. So terrible!

Any who--I'm sure this mother will think I'm a real prize now for even thinking it possible for her child to steal. But sadly--that's the burden of doing a service in someone elses home. :guilty:

Mel - :wizard: PD on the migraine thing, my sister gets those wicked bad.

Helen - Happy BIRDTHDAY!!!! :banana: Hope you had fun at your party.

Ok, 10 miles tomorrow. First time since August I've done this much...I'm scared :earseek: Tomorrow night I will be on :cloud9: knowing that we are only 3 weeks away from the 1/2.

Can't wait to check in tomorrow to see how everyone did w/ their LRs.

Cam - You'll almost be done with yours by now

Sunny - Good luck on that TM. ugh

Christa - Do you still have electricity?? If so, I want to hear a report from you and Bree!

Cam - Catch us up if you check in before you go out of town!!!! It won't to take too long to give us a little post.

I'm dying to hear from everyone after their last LR. I know I got a little emotional. I think from weeks of exhaustiion and or course the looking through old photos for the photo book. But it really was an emotional thing to be done with that last lr and to know that was all i could do to get ready. !!!! Post ASAP - I CANT TAKE THE WAITING :rotfl2: :hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :Pinkbounc :banana: :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

I got it! My shirt was delivered today. Oh it is the Best!

MY 20 is on Sunday, I will let ya all know Sunday p.m.

I'm partway there with my last LR's. Today I did 10 miles at a very easy pace. It turned out to be a nice day, so perfect for taking it a little slower (no rushing to get in out of the cold or wind). Tomorrow I go back out and do my 20 and then I'm done. Then it's Goofy here I come!!! Adding to the excitement of the weekend -- I got my park tickets from Ticketmania today!!! That makes it real (not that the whopping charge on my CC for the tickets wasn't a dose of reality, but there's something about having them in hand...)

Good luck everybody on your LR's this weekend!!

littlegreydonkey said:
Well that's that over then, I have now officially trained for a marathon, it's time to taper. I did my 22 miler today as I have a big party to go to tonight and couldn't face doing it the morning after. I can safely say it wasnt the best run I ever had - in fact, after 15 miles it became a rather pleasant walk, and stayed that way, but I did it - and I've now practised being on my feet for 4 hours and 47 minutes!!!!!. I'm blaming my need to walk on being a year older than when I ran 20 miles two weeks ago (guess who had a birthday this week?).

So good luck to all this weekend, then that's it - after this we can do no more, we are trained up as much as we can train - woooo hoooooooooo!!! Helen

Helen, First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Second, Thank you and THANK YOU! First you brought me Scooter, then you posted this innocent little post-- probably typed off the top of your head. I read it last night right before going to bed and it struck me as so profound. I could totally feel the sense of satisfaction you were feelling having completed your training and getting in that final 22 miler. So off I went this morning, determined to do the same...

I DID IT!!!! 22 miles on the TM. I have to admit, I hope to never ever, EVER run 22 miles on a TM again. It was beyond grueling. The first 10 weren't too bad but the body part I don't speak of was screaming "stop it or I'll tell Dumb-dumb on you" and I was screaming "Shut up!". It finally did, but that was about when the unbearable mental torment started. From mile 10 to 19 I kept thinking, "there's no way I'm going to make it" but I kept thinking of how Helen did it and how happy I would be went I could claim I did it, too. I kept telling myself, "this is it, this is the final push, the LR you've been working upto and it will be over soon". Have I ever mentioned the Y is really warm and humid from the two indoor pools? I drank 96 oz of fluids and still ended 4 lbs lighter than when I began. I had gel problems. My hands were so sweaty I couldn't open the Cliff Shot I received in the Cliff Pace packet and barely got one of my Accelerade gels open. PLUS, I broke my sacred rule of never getting my hands near my face at the gym (major germ phobic). By the time I got my gel open I might as well have just licked the TM
acyuck.gif

I was pressed for time so I didn't take the time to stretch properly or do a cold soak. I went straight into marathon Christmas shopping, moaning and groaning all the way!

Stats: 22 miles in 3:49, first 14 at 0.5% incline then FLAT!

ETA: Oops, major type-o I finished in 3:49 NOT 3:29!!!!!!!

I'm done!
0trampoline.gif

Sunny

Lisa-- maybe you could limit your DIS time to just this thread, then we'd still have you :grouphug:

MelR-- you sound like your starting to go stir crazy!!! I love how you let the Boy pick Daddy's present! I'm sure he's going to love it. DS would pick an X-Box racing game for Daddy, oh wait, that's exactly what Daddy wants anyway!

Lily-- I can't wait to hear your success story on the 20 miler :cheer2:

Disneefun-- you're well on your way of claiming "Completion", too :cheer2:

Jodi :cheer2: :wizard: :cheer2: :wizard: You can do it!

Mel-- sorry to hear this weeks been the pits, :wizard: Hoping you are feeling better now.

Krista-- Wow you went a solid year without McDs???? :earseek: I'm impressed. So was it all that you had hoped for :rotfl2:

Good luck everyone doing your LRs this weekend :cheer2: :wizard: :cheer2: :wizard:

Sunny

:wave2: Remember me? I just have a moment as life is busy, busy busy here! I read the past few pages and the excitement ont eh thread is fantastic! It sounds like you all are doing so well! Way to go on all that training!!

Carrie, I got my shrit today!!! I :love: it!! Thanks to you and Sunny both for all of your hard work! I can't wait to wear my shirt in April with Lily at the Columbus Distance Classic!

It has been decided that I NEED to get some exercise back in my life. I found out Tuesday that I am a borderline diabatic and the best way to treat this is with diet and exercise....so I figure I work best at exercising if I have a goal....I think training for a half will take care of that.

For all of the kind word and prayers that were said for my father, thank you so much! You all have no idea how much you mean to me. Your kindness is overwheming!! My dad is home and seems to be tired a lot....he had a PET Scan done Monday, so we are anxiously awaiting the results. I will definately check back with news on that.

Sorry my post is short and all about me......but I wanted to let you know that I know where to come and get my inspiration from....right here with the best bunch of people I know~~~You all inspire me so much! Many thanks!!

And one last note.....
Happy Belated Birthday Helen!! Hope is was a good one!

May your holidays be blessed with lots of love, health peace and joy, now and thoughout the year!

:grouphug: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :wave:

Liz

Liz - Of course we remember you!!!! Thanks for checking in! :wizard: and prayers for you and your family.

I got my shirts today :teeth: . Even though I won't be able to be with you all at the marathon this year I will be wearing my shirt on marathon day in support of you all :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter