Wonderful Mexican Riviera Therapy! COMPLETED 10/8 with Galley Pics and more!

Luckily for me, I have TONS of stretchy pants! :yay::lmao:

Great update! Absolutely LOVE the way you write! Very witty and hilarious!

LOVED the rum cake! Tried it in my Sweet Temptations Trio aboard the Dream and it was ridiculously delicious!

Need to remember about the Mango Papaya soup your DD loves for next time.

Can't wait for your next installment!

Thanks for joining in! DD is truly the gifted writer in this family... I can only aspire to her level:laughing:

My strategy for desserts is to use the sampler as a dessert appetizer, THEN order a full size of my favorite (or two if I can't decide!) I have a wicked sweet tooth and for one week on a cruise I make no apologies!:lmao:

No worries on the Mango Papaya Soup being forgotten... it's mentioned here on at least a daily basis!

Thanks for reading!

I love this picture!

Thank you! :goodvibes It's one of our favorites too!

Thanks for joining in! DD is truly the gifted writer in this family... I can only aspire to her level:laughing:

My strategy for desserts is to use the sampler as a dessert appetizer, THEN order a full size of my favorite (or two if I can't decide!) I have a wicked sweet tooth and for one week on a cruise I make no apologies!:lmao:

No worries on the Mango Papaya Soup being forgotten... it's mentioned here on at least a daily basis!

Thanks for reading!

Omgosh the bolded is PURE GENIUS!! I don't know why I didn't do that on this past cruise! For our upcoming MR cruise, I'll DEFINITELY keep this in mind :thumbsup2

Omgosh the bolded is PURE GENIUS!! I don't know why I didn't do that on this past cruise! For our upcoming MR cruise, I'll DEFINITELY keep this in mind :thumbsup2

Glad we could help! :thumbsup2

The really sad part is that after those amazing dinner desserts, we will still find ourselves eating ice cream from Goofy's Galley or Mickey bars from room service before bed! :banana:

Glad we could help! :thumbsup2

The really sad part is that after those amazing dinner desserts, we will still find ourselves eating ice cream from Goofy's Galley or Mickey bars from room service before bed! :banana:

:rotfl: You sound VERY much like my kind of girl! I'm the exact same way. I NEED to have something sweet every day or i'll just be cranky and not fun to be around. Needless to say, i was extremely fun on our cruise to the Bahamas in June (it was all in part to the endless desserts throughout the day) :rotfl2:

:rotfl: You sound VERY much like my kind of girl! I'm the exact same way. I NEED to have something sweet every day or i'll just be cranky and not fun to be around. Needless to say, i was extremely fun on our cruise to the Bahamas in June (it was all in part to the endless desserts throughout the day) :rotfl2:

Indeed! If there's one thing we've learned from three cruises, it is this: There is no such thing as "too much dessert." ;)

Yay! Welcome... Maybe we'll pass you by on the 30th when we're disembarking... you'll know it's us by the many, many tears being shed.:sad1:

But I digress...
Jack is going to LOOOOOOOVE Oceaneer Club, and you are, too! You sound like an uber-cool mom!

I know the feeling! Leaving is always so sad, which is why we added a couple days at Disneyland after! After 10 days of just "mommy and Jack" time, I will be ready to get back to work :rotfl:

I am so excited about Oceaneer Club! Jack really didn't enjoy the Camp Carnival on our Carnival cruise, which in turn meant he didn't go often, and when he did there were huge crying fits involved. Not magical. This time I know he will have a fantastic time! I'm glad I sound cool, I try to be:cool1:
Your familu definitely seems to have had a great time on the cruise, can't wait to hear more!
P.S. Love the pirate gear!

Today was "¡El Día de Puerto Vallarta!" (as Spanish speaking DD says) or "Puerto Vallarta Day". DH and DD had booked a bus tour excursion, but DS and I stayed on board our beloved Wonder. :lovestruc We had a DM-DS breakfast at Triton's where I had the breakfast I had been anxiously anticipating...

Little Mermaid's Morning!

IMG_0255.jpg

This breakfast has grown famous in our house... It is a running joke between DD and me that this is our favorite breakfast in the whole world. Our perfect day would begin with this as our breakfast. If you haven't had it... you MUST try it! Let me explain: Two waffles with dulce de leche cream cheese in the center, rolled in sugar and cinnamon, and drizzled with your standard maple syrup. You see what I mean? It's divine...

OK, I absolutely must try this when we are on the Wonder in April!!!!

I am loving the trip report. It is making me even more excited to be back on the Wonder again :thumbsup2

Great report and great pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to share :sunny:

Have fun on your upcoming cruise!

I know the feeling! Leaving is always so sad, which is why we added a couple days at Disneyland after! After 10 days of just "mommy and Jack" time, I will be ready to get back to work :rotfl:

I am so excited about Oceaneer Club! Jack really didn't enjoy the Camp Carnival on our Carnival cruise, which in turn meant he didn't go often, and when he did there were huge crying fits involved. Not magical. This time I know he will have a fantastic time! I'm glad I sound cool, I try to be:cool1:
Your familu definitely seems to have had a great time on the cruise, can't wait to hear more!
P.S. Love the pirate gear!

Our family always contemplates the idea of taking a two week or so cruise just to "get it out of our systems." Maybe after two weeks we would finally be satisfied and ready to get back to real life! Or, not...

DD absolutely refuses to consider going on any other cruise line. The magic is only found with Disney! DS still talks about Oceaneer Club frequently and is already planning his activities there for our trip in October!

We are already planning our "new and improved" pirate gear for next time! There should be lots of options around Halloween. Here's to even more piratey adventures! pirate:

OK, I absolutely must try this when we are on the Wonder in April!!!!

I am loving the trip report. It is making me even more excited to be back on the Wonder again :thumbsup2

::yes:: DD 100% guarantees that you will not be disappointed!

The Wonder is near and dear to our hearts as well! Can't wait to get back! :banana:

Great report and great pictures!! Thanks for taking the time to share :sunny:

Have fun on your upcoming cruise!

Thanks for taking the time to read!

We are quite excited to be cruising for DD's Sweet Sixteen! :woohoo:

Coming soon to a computer near you...

Princesses, Cabo, and Parrot Cay!

Good morning! And welcome to beautiful Cabo San Lucas...

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

We ALL joined up for a family breakfast at the restaurant of choice... Triton's! And yes, there were more "Little Mermaid's Mornings" (AKA: Best. Waffles. Ever!) to be gobbled up...

We were all happy, but the pinnacle of our ecstasy was starting to wane since we were officially more than half way done with our week of Wonder... :sad1:

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

After we were once again stuffed to capacity, we stopped in the lobby for our "appointments" with royalty: Disney's lovely princesses! princess:

Snow White:
IMG_0355.jpg

Tiana:
IMG_0356.jpg

Ariel: (She was our favorite. She was very in character, and spoke with DS for a minute or two.)
IMG_0360.jpg

Cinderella:
IMG_0361.jpg

And Belle:
IMG_0362.jpg

We did some exploring around the ship, and DS found Alice's rabbit hole! :rotfl: He begged to crawl through, but we said no...

IMG_0354.jpg

To be continued...
:rolleyes1

I had a quick question for you... earlier you mentioned your DH had the Rainforest package. It that the pass you can prebuy? I'm still a little clueless on what the whole "Rainforest" thing is...

I had a quick question for you... earlier you mentioned your DH had the Rainforest package. It that the pass you can prebuy? I'm still a little clueless on what the whole "Rainforest" thing is...

Sorry for the delay in responding...
Well, actually, this is my DH's area of expertise... Apparently the Rainforest package is only available to book once you board, because I don't see it listed with the spa packages. It's for unlimited use of the spa, meaning the steam room, and the showers which he describes as "amazing" (he loves a powerful shower! AND he doesn't have to compete in the cabin with my DD and me as we get ready for dinner! :lmao:) He said there's also an aromatherapy room as well. I think it's pretty reasonably priced, but, again, you'll have to get to the spa when you board to book it. Hope this helps!

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2

Thanks for following along... looks like we're sailing with you in October, too!:woohoo:

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while since we updated... :confused3 On Cabo day, DH and DD disembarked and took a ferry excursion. They had a great time and got to sail around the whole island! There were some great photo ops... (DD took 119 pictures in a little over two hours...) Here are our favorites!

CIMG0417.jpg

CIMG0326.jpg

CIMG0409.jpg

We love pictures of the Wonder from far away. She's so beautiful! And it makes us feel even luckier that she is our home away from home for a week!

CIMG0358.jpg

CIMG0363.jpg

CIMG0370.jpg

CIMG0372.jpg

CIMG0373.jpg

CIMG0376.jpg

CIMG0389.jpg

And that's beautiful Cabo! I had another wonderful afternoon of relaxation onboard... and, as always, we joined up to get ready for another great evening!

Coming up next: Best. Meal. Ever! (Yep. It's Parrot Cay rotation night... DD's favorite meal ever...) And "The toys are back in town!"

Here are a few more pictures from Day 5 morning/afternoon...

Isn't the boat beautiful??

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Crew pool:
IMG_0378.jpg

Hidden Mickey! :eek:
IMG_0379.jpg

During her daily exploring, DD spotted Peter Pan! He was just hanging out, watching what was going on.
CIMG0307.jpg

Something must have distracted Peter (maybe he found one of the Lost Boys...) because he wasn't looking at the camera for this pic... :sad2:

CIMG0308.jpg

:goodvibes There we go! Parrot Cay, here we come!

Wow! Cabo is gorgeous! I guess I was expecting something else?! Not sure what, but man, i'm very excited to go now!

I love that your DD takes A LOT of pictures! :cutie:

Sorry for the delay in responding...
Well, actually, this is my DH's area of expertise... Apparently the Rainforest package is only available to book once you board, because I don't see it listed with the spa packages. It's for unlimited use of the spa, meaning the steam room, and the showers which he describes as "amazing" (he loves a powerful shower! AND he doesn't have to compete in the cabin with my DD and me as we get ready for dinner! :lmao:) He said there's also an aromatherapy room as well. I think it's pretty reasonably priced, but, again, you'll have to get to the spa when you board to book it. Hope this helps!

No worries about the delay, I have 80 days left till my trip :lmao: On the gift section, you can prebuy a Rain Forest 1 day pass for $15. I wonder if it's the same thing? It's pretty reasonable, I was going to buy at least 1, maybe 2...

A great trip report....and interesting as this is what we will be doing next Feb 12. I have a few quick questions:

When did you cruise and what was the weather like in LA?
Where did you stay the night before the cruise?
What is the cost for transportation from LAX to the terminal? Or did you drive

i am thinking about arriving in LA on the day before the cruise, then doing Palm Springs and ending up in Las Vegas befor coming home. Thanks

A great trip report....and interesting as this is what we will be doing next Feb 12. I have a few quick questions:

When did you cruise and what was the weather like in LA?
Where did you stay the night before the cruise?
What is the cost for transportation from LAX to the terminal? Or did you drive

i am thinking about arriving in LA on the day before the cruise, then doing Palm Springs and ending up in Las Vegas befor coming home. Thanks

Hey! We cruised February 6, 2011, and the weather in LA was warm, probably 75 or so... pretty amazing since our plane had to be de-iced for a solid 30 minutes before we left home:lmao:

We ALWAYS arrive a day early because there's not enough Valium in the whole world to calm me if we flew in the same day of the cruise, especially when weather can be a factor. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza San Pedro which was about 2 miles from the pier. It was 'nice' enough, but didn't have a family friendly restaurant so we had to walk to one nearby because of our lack of transportation (these little adventures always provide laughs for us, usually -- make that always -- at my expense cuz when I'm out of my element, I'm usually a basket case:scared1:). They did provide a free shuttle to the pier which was handy and convenient.

As for transportation from LAX, we used Super Shuttle and for a private van it was $84 total for the four of us. The service was adequate but the driver literally did not say one word to us the whole way to the hotel (about 25 minutes)! Of course this gave us a fit of giggles because all we did was exchange uncomfortable glances and attempt to make each other laugh the entire trip!:rotfl:

Hope this helps! Thanks for reading along...

No worries about the delay, I have 80 days left till my trip :lmao: On the gift section, you can prebuy a Rain Forest 1 day pass for $15. I wonder if it's the same thing? It's pretty reasonable, I was going to buy at least 1, maybe 2...

Sounds like a great plan! If you visit the spa the day you board, they'll happily give you a tour and you can decide just how much Disney-style steaming and showering you'll be able to stand!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter