Worst ride to get stuck on?

Our experience was IASW, not sure it was so much stuck as it was stalled but it was a good 30 minutes with that song!! Also a couple of times on Splash going up the last hill, sat for a good length of time before it got going. Many times on Haunted Mansion. The only evacuations were at Maelstrom (of all places), they had us get out at that little village area and at Busch Gardens on the Montu coaster. After several jerky stops and starts, it finally stalled on top of the first hill. It took awhile for them to get us off as it's one of those coasters where your legs dangle and they had to use a small platform at each row to get us off. We walked down the hill. They did give passes for any ride in the park.

I forgot about Manta at Sea World. We were stuck in that face down position for awhile after getting back to the loading area after the ride! That was weird!

Got evaced from Splash a few years ago. because of the position of our log we were the last ones off the ride! Once got evaced from the Matterhorn, our car was halfway into the splash down pool, so it was a long step over water to the exit path.\
My worst stuck experence was on Superman at SFGAm, we hung face down just before the station for half an hour. Also got stuck at the top of the space spirl at Cedar Point when I was a kid. A couple years latter, Emergency had an eposode that had Squad 51 rescue people stuck on one in California

I've been in the long line of backed up boats at small world several times (some REALLY long), but I would think that being stuck outside in the heat or rain is still worse than having to put up with that song. At least in there you're in the A/C.

Small World would be horrible to be stuck on. Id jump out if subjected to that singing for more than 5 minutes.

A friend and her family got stuck in Pirates last year. It was down for over 10 minutes before they just decided to get out of the boat and use the emergency exit. Id be doing the same thing as well...

A friend and her family got stuck in Pirates last year. It was down for over 10 minutes before they just decided to get out of the boat and use the emergency exit. Id be doing the same thing as well...

Do you mean they did this on their own without instruction from Disney? That's incredibly dangerous.

IASW. GOSH, those were the longest 30 minutes of my life. We had a guy screaming for them to turn off the ****ing music for a good 10 minutes as well, I truly don't know what was worse, the music itself or the guy swearing up a storm.

The worst ride to get stuck on for me is anything with a restraint. :eek:
I don't like to be trapped.

Space Mountain and Rock and Roller Coaster have been the worst for me. :scared:

IASW. GOSH, those were the longest 30 minutes of my life. We had a guy screaming for them to turn off the ****ing music for a good 10 minutes as well, I truly don't know what was worse, the music itself or the guy swearing up a storm.
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I can sympathize with the guy. And truly, I think being stuck on that ride listening to that terrible music over and over is far worse than listening to that guy swear. :laughing:

I promise you, it's Small World. And I LOOOOOVE that ride.
We got stuck in Mexico, so now every time we pass that that area, we can't help but say "remember that time....."

My daughter got stuck on Splash Mountain, at the top. After spending some time chilling in the log, they evacuated everyone. They got to walk down stairs all the way from the top. She took some awesome behind the scene shots on the way down.

I got stuck on the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey ride too! Right by the spider scene! In an uncomfortable position. Horrible!

Do you mean they did this on their own without instruction from Disney? That's incredibly dangerous.

Nah no instructions. Boat was right next to an emergency exit. The whole boat exited and got out. Everyone was over the waiting.

Nah no instructions. Boat was right next to an emergency exit. The whole boat exited and got out. Everyone was over the waiting.
Wow. Still incredibly dangerous. That's why CMs have to come over the intercom and say "Please stay in your boat" every minute or so. It could begin moving again at any moment.

We got stuck instide the Carosuel of Progress once. Had to watch the 1920's scene 3 times until they busted us out. Made me claustrophobic! But we got a free fp so I was happy!

I would have thought IASW was the worst, but I got stuck in the final tunnel on living with the land for about 15 minutes, and that final song loop was SO bad. And i used to like it! Every time since then I get scared going through that tunnel. I never want to see those hexagon pictures flash on and off ever again! They're burnt into my brain lol.

We got stuck in the graveyard at the Haunted Mansion- luckily our 2 yr. old was asleep. Not my favorite ride to get stuck on.

The worst for me was the monorail. Hurricane Hermine had just blown through the night before so it was a gray, rainy morning. We went to have a nice relaxing breakfast at Kona Cafe before heading to MK. So now we're on the monorail and we go through the Grand and we're directly over Seven Seas Lagoon when it slows and slows and finally stops. I hate being stuck in any confined space for any period of time... and I'm looking out the window and thinking if something is wrong how are they gonna get us out?? We're right over the water high in the air! To make it worse the wind and rain was really strong and it was rocking the car. It lasted for about 5-10 minutes before the driver came on the PA and told us we were just waiting for the monorail in front of us to start going and then we'd be fine. And luckily that monorail finally started back up and we got it the MK in one piece! But if they had told us it would be an hour wait until we could get out I might have just ripped opened the doors and taken my chances in the Lagoon.

Rock n roller coaster. We were stuck in the restraints for 45+ minutes. They had to call the fire department to come get us out. Very neat though to see the ride with the lights on. Crazy how close all the tracks are to each other.

I got stuck on PoC for about 45 minutes a few years ago in front of the prison with the dog. Eventually had to evac. "Yo ho, yo ho" gets really old after 10 min. It gets *really* old after 45!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter