Wow! we could've used that...

We always take a beach towel to cover DS2's stroller up when he is taking a nap. I drape it over which ever side the sun is shinninh in on so that is does not bother him. It also comes in very handy for us. This summer I bought the lime green ones at Wal-Mart so it is very easy to find our stroller in the sea of strollers.

Just went to Target today. Checked out the magnetic wipe-off boards...(that was an awesome idea BTW)....The cheapest they had was almost $5 :-)guilty: ), so I decided I would wait and check out W/M....

Then...I wondered to the front of the store and to the $1 bins....well, here's what they have up there right now...a lot of TEACHER stuff, and one of the things is a self-sticky calendar, and it comes with a wipe-off pen! :woohoo:

I'm going to cut up some magnets (I keep the ones you get in the mail, etc. for craft projects, such as this) and then glue them on the back to use instead of the sticky tabs in each corner it comes with.

With a CALENDAR wipe-off board, I figure we can write what we are doing each day in each box, and us the rest of the calendar to write messages, receive messages from others, etc.

I think the kiddos will have fun decorating it! We could use different stickers for each different park, and maybe even put a sticker or two on it at the end of each day when we return to the room. (You know all those round MM stickers the CMs are always handing out?)

...and all this fun for a mere $1...and heck, if you wait a little longer, they will probably mark them down to the customary $.25!!! :woohoo:

I pack a rolling pharmacy, basically. I pack meds for motion sickness, headache, stomachache, allergies, nausea, heartburn, painful urination, diarrhea, cold and sinus meds (flying and hotel rooms always stop me up), sleep aids, extra birth control, antibiotics, extra contact lenses/solution, neosporin, bandaids, moleskin, blister bandages, and even a syringe and injectable Phenergan and my Imitrex should I get a killer migraine. I carry aspirin and sublingual nitro in case someone around me starts having severe chest pain. I carry Benadryl and epinephrine, both injectable, in case me or DH gets stung by something or eats something that we are severely allergic to.

So if you'll be in WDW the first week of September and come down with something, forget first aid...just come find me. :rotfl2: I'll be at the Contemporary!

justplaingoofy said:
Last year I did that. I agree doing laundry is not what one would think with the word vacation, however I don't mind doing it while sitting out at the pool. (less clothes to pack) and its not like I'm beating the clothes on a rock to clean them!

FYI, packing quarters may cause delays at airline security checkpoints. Especially if they are rolled because they are dense, xray cannot see through them...SO you are usually selected for additional screening.
That actually happen to me last year..they had to take my carryon to the side and take everything out and send it threw the machine again and again untill I realized it was the roll of quaters in the side pocket... :)

Okay, Alabama girl, we need to take you w/us on our trip. Wow, I've never seen such a list. We needed you over the weekend when my FIL had a blood clot in his heart and had chest pain. He is doing fine. Actually, at home and went to Wal-Mart yesterday. He is a lucky man. Are you a nurse? Have you lived in AL before?

MScott1851 said:
I pack a rolling pharmacy, basically. I pack meds for motion sickness, headache, stomachache, allergies, nausea, heartburn, painful urination, diarrhea, cold and sinus meds (flying and hotel rooms always stop me up), sleep aids, extra birth control, antibiotics, extra contact lenses/solution, neosporin, bandaids, moleskin, blister bandages, and even a syringe and injectable Phenergan and my Imitrex should I get a killer migraine. I carry aspirin and sublingual nitro in case someone around me starts having severe chest pain. I carry Benadryl and epinephrine, both injectable, in case me or DH gets stung by something or eats something that we are severely allergic to.

So if you'll be in WDW the first week of September and come down with something, forget first aid...just come find me. :rotfl2: I'll be at the Contemporary!

If you can fit some IV fluids in your bag, I would like an adjoining room to yours. :cool1:

I don't think I've seen this posted yet (if it has, please forgive me :))

A few weeks before we travel I watch for our toiletries to start getting low. When it looks like we have about a week's worth of whatever (shampoo, toothpaste, deoderant, etc) left in the container I set it aside to pack it in a big zip-loc. At the end of the week we have used them up and throw them away (or recycle if possible). No need to buy the little stuff and it allows for more space for souvies etc. on the way home. :thumbsup2

mousiemom said:
Okay, Alabama girl, we need to take you w/us on our trip. Wow, I've never seen such a list. We needed you over the weekend when my FIL had a blood clot in his heart and had chest pain. He is doing fine. Actually, at home and went to Wal-Mart yesterday. He is a lucky man. Are you a nurse? Have you lived in AL before?

Hehehe. I just like to be prepared. Nothing will ruin a trip to WDW faster than a touch of food poisoning or a bad headache or an allergic reaction.

That's GREAT about your FIL. Like you said, he is extremely lucky...yes, I'm a nurse, born and raised in AL for 27 years, just moved here 3 years ago. We're from opposite ends...I'm from Florence, although I do have quite a bit of family in your neck of the woods. Some in Saraland, and some in Daphne.

MScott1851 said:

Glad to see there is another Karen Walker out there...besides me.. :teeth:
(you know the karen walker pill lovin gal from will & grace??)

I might be able to "one up ya" for the nausea I have compazine ..
pills & suppositories (just in case you can't keep it down) so if anyone needs anything I'll be at Pop.. However, I will not administor the suppository :rotfl:
You definitely have me on the nitro! Don't have that :rolleyes:
How about some antibiotics?
ha ha.... I enjoyed your post!

Dang, girls! You are headin' down to The World a week or two earlier than me!

I was definitely going to hunt you two down...no need me packing all MY meds with you girls going! You got it all covered!

Love it! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

don't forget cough medicine!!! Nothing more fun than walking down to the lobby at the Boardwalk at 3am and having to get one of the valet guys to take you to your vehicle and get the cough medicine that you accidently left in the car for the little one so everyone can FINALLY get some sleep! Worth every penny of the tip I gave the valet guy!

Dcanoli said:
Dang, girls! You are headin' down to The World a week or two earlier than me!

I was definitely going to hunt you two down...no need me packing all MY meds with you girls going! You got it all covered!

Love it! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was looking at your ticker and noticed we'll be there at the same time :wizard: Staying at Pop right? :thumbsup2

Lets hope Florida does not get any hurricaines this year...those poor people!

Yes, it looks like you are arriving TWO WHOLE DAYS before us darn it! :goodvibes

I am so excited! Aren't you? Every weekend (we are leaving on a Saturday), I tell the boys--7 MORE WEEKS UNTIL DISNEY!!! DO YOU KNOW THAT SEVEN WEEKS FROM TODAY, WE WILL BE AT MAGIC KINGDOM?

I am starting my ritual--DRIVING EVERYONE CRAZY WITH THE ENDLESS, "DO YOU KNOW WHERE WE WILL BE ___ WEEKS FROM NOW?" I'm sure my husband will be telling me to "Shut Up!" before too long! (No, actually, he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes!)

But, heck! Someone has to keep up the "Magic," right?

Where are you staying at? Are you at the Pop too? What is your schedule and DR? We based ours on the EMH offered:

Day 1--Saturday--Pool, MouseSurplus, and Downtown Disney
Day 2--Sunday--MK--Liberty Tree Tavern
Day 3--MGM--Prime Time Cafe
Day 4--Off Day to Rest--Hoop Dee Doo Revue (maybe MouseSurplus AGAIN!)
Day 5--AK--Boma
Day 6--EPCOT--Coral Reef
Day 7--EPCOT--Rose & Crown and then monorailing it on over to MK for the MNSSHP!

Do you see how ANAL I can be!!! But, I am so excited! :banana:

I wish we had brought... our box fan (we are driving and we will bring it next time) the room was too quiet, we are used to the noise of a fan at night (to drown out the snoring! :rolleyes1 , and I wish we had brought some Oust smelly good spray to counteract all the smelly bad thing that happen in those little rooms...

justplaingoofy said:
Glad to see there is another Karen Walker out there...besides me.. :teeth:
(you know the karen walker pill lovin gal from will & grace??)

I might be able to "one up ya" for the nausea I have compazine ..
pills & suppositories (just in case you can't keep it down) so if anyone needs anything I'll be at Pop.. However, I will not administor the suppository :rotfl:
You definitely have me on the nitro! Don't have that :rolleyes:
How about some antibiotics?
ha ha.... I enjoyed your post!

Hahaha! That's exactly what I said last year when I packed!

No-go on the suppositories...there's no way to keep them refrigerated when I travel, plus, those suckers BURN and I am always afraid I might "lose one." (I can't believe I just typed that)...That's why I bring the injectable Phenergan and the Zofran oral disintegrating tablets, easier just to pop myself in the hip or let one melt in my mouth than have a burning bootie!

The nitro is more for DH than a complete stranger...his grandfather and uncles had their first heart attacks in their mid thirties, he is about to turn 35...so I'm using it a a talisman to ward off the bad ju-ju, so to speak. I'll be prepared if he starts clutching his chest! :rotfl2:

Antibiotics? I bring Macrobid...I take it prophylactically... so on vacation I defnitely need it..not to mention all the wet swimsuits, etc. :teeth:

We should get together and offer a mobile clinic at WDW. Get an MD to write off on stuff, and we'd take our little rolling bags and go around ministering to the travelers at the resort hotels. We'd upcharge for everything and make a killing!

Here you two go again.....I can't even UNDERSTAND half of what you're typing! :lmao:

Just kidding! Your posts are just too funny! :rotfl:

THANK YOU COOLBEANS!!!!!!
:love: :love: :love:
I just knew there was something I was forgetting - room spray! I have to write that down.

Cold meds... antiseptic wipes or Q-tips with the antiseptic in it (I love those, just break the tips and the liquid flows down to desinfect the area) Band-aids, rain ponchos, gel for the hands (germ killer ha! ha!)

MScott1851 said:

I'll be there then too, I think I'll just have you carry all the meds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter